Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

yea, I thought it merely meant that you couldn't enter another pair in the contest, not that you need to wear only that pair at all times.

That's how I had interpreted the rules , as if you had an option to wear denim ' you would " , but if you were to go to a wedding, office job, labour work where they just aren't appropriate or accepted then you would have an adequate reason not to wear your denim.

Since Duck seems to be in the running too the Denim Tux championship sounds pretty appealing... jeans and a duck jacket. "You cannot rotate your jeans or jacket/ shirt with other denim" would mean that you cannot wear other denim, but you can e.g. wear leather jackets or no jacket at all, depending on the weather, right? It would also mean that if you enter with a denim shirt, you can still wear other shirts or t-shirts, just not made out of denim?

I would assume, call me a bad contestant, that nobody would kick you out if you wear other gear as well. At least I know that there will be days when I can't wear my faded Jeans 24/7 anymore, unless I look for a new Job. I regard those rules as guidelines, not law. :ph34r:

Edited by Max Power

AFAIK, this „no rotation“ is only valid for the Denim Tux competition. The normal DWC is just like any other contest. No one will force you to wear your jeans…in the end it’s your decision and might reduce your chances of winning when you rotate too much.

Aren’t you even allowed to enter with multiple pairs )as long it is a different weight class?!)

"Not quite ready to give up your HWDC jeans yet? Then don’t, carry them on in our Last Man Standing contest. Can they last another 2 years? Do you have the nuts to wear them to rags? This is your chance to win the “LMS Beaten Beltâ€.

You have 24 months to wear your jeans into retirement, or to continue to beautifully evolve them to perfection.

No rotation.

You decide when to retire them."

I assume the no rotation rule is there because this contest is to see who can extract the longest life out of their HWDC2 pair. Therefore rotating them (and even just wearing them two days per week like I have to because of my job) would be missing the point.

Gotcha, went back and skimmed the rules and noticed that. So only on effect for Last Man standing, and Denim Tux.

Exactly this, for everything else enter as many pairs as you like and rotate when you like.

I mean that if you are doing denim tux then you can't rotate or be in another contest, if you are in HWDC3 then you can't rotate or be in another contest, if you are in the DWC (any division) you can wear what the f**k you want, whenever you want  ;)

Exactly this, for everything else enter as many pairs as you like and rotate when you like.

This is fair. Out of curiosity, is there any requirement as to how much they were worn in HWDC2 to allow them into HWDC3? Obviously, if someone only wore them, say, 2 times a week in HWDC2, they're going to last a lot longer into HWDC3.

Edited by cander49

No requirements based on the theory that if a person couldn't commit to HWDC2 then there is no reason to believe HWDC3 would be any different for them. Therefore their jeans will probably still not look great after 4 years.

Hi all you raw denim heads out there

So many awesome demim evolution progress can be seen here and is still going on in this awesome current contest.

I can't wait to see the final results of all your awesome raw denim projects.

If of any interest I could update a few pics of my out of the contest judge pants, the 25 oz MBB IH jeans worn every day in a row, after the contest end or earlier if wished.

As a slow fader my jeans could probably enjoy the last man standing period as well.

Anyway, I wish you all still a lot of fun during the last couple of weeks.

See below for the full announcement, the grand champion of the DWC will win a denim shopping spree worth in excess of $1200, plus free jeans, plus the Champion belt. Not too shabby when you consider that all the winner has to do is wear some jeans for two years is it?

Flyweight 

Judges â€“ Arlo (V Shop), Simon (Tate + Yoko), Thorsten (Kersting and Henschel)

Prize - $100 Self Edge Voucher

Lightweight

Judges â€“ Danny (Rivet & Hide), Roger (VMC), John (Kronoz)

Middleweight

Judges â€“ Kiya (Self Edge), Jon (NoKipple), Brandon (Naked & Famous)

Heavyweight

Judges â€“ Kiya (Self Edge), Roger (VMC), Benno (Chainstitches)

Super Heavyweight

Judges â€“ Giles (Iron Heart), James (Red Cloud), Matt (Denimhunters)

HWDC3

Judges â€“ Danny (Rivet & Hide), Ruedi (Jeans Museum), John (Kronoz), Thomas (Denimhunters)

Prize â€“ HWDC “Battered†Belt, New Jeans courtesy of the DWC

Denim Tux

Judges â€“ Jon (NoKipple), Arlo (V Shop), Sascha (Vater & Sohn), Brandon (Naked & Famous)

Prize â€“ Jeans courtesy of VMC, Denim shirt or jacket courtesy of Vater & Sohn

KDWC

Judges â€“ Guido (Oyuki Denim), James (Red Cloud), Simon (Tate + Yoko), Benno (Chainstitches)

Prize â€“ Jeans courtesy of Oyuki, $100 courtesy of the DWC

BWC

Judges â€“ Giles (Iron Heart), Sascha (Vater & Sohn), Matt (Denimhunters)

Prize â€“ New Custom Wesco Boots courtesy of the Bootery

DWC Champion

Judges â€“ Everyone mentioned above

Prize - $300 Credit (Iron Heart), $200 Credit (NoKipple), £200 Credit (Rivet & Hide), $165 Credit (Tate + Yoko), $100 Credit (Chainstitches), Pure Blue Japan Jeans (Kronoz), $100 Credit (Kersting and Henschel), DWC Yokozuna Grand Champion Belt

^^ Congrats El Toro

What an incredible new wonderful life can start again.

I wish you säand the family all the best.

And in 18 years another hardcore raw denim head will perhaps conquer the raw denim world

And an awesome raw denim evolution seen on your hardcore looking jeans cander49!!!!

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak