Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Congratulations to Tong SF, but unfortunately Peterpiper is not a contestant.

Thanks for infos Gav.

Then the next closest second winner will be Slowitchu, which is a contestant as far as I know.

If Gav can confirm me this would be great.

Wow, those are heavy! I thought after I guessed that I was surely overestimating, because I forgot to consider when weighing mine that they have the extra weight of patches. I guess Ruedi just has much heavier weight jeans than me. :)

21 months

32x36 MMB

HC - IH - 38

I'll be taking a personal retreat to the desert so I'll miss the Feb update, have fun ya'll :)

vO7OKT6.jpg

iVSQyzw.jpg

SnERRdw.jpg

3Z1u1j0.jpg

you know - there are a lot of excellent pairs on this thread - but i gotta say that my personal fave is fanya's, which has always looked insane.  achieving that level of contrast without any holes in the combs or stacks is crazy.  anyone know if he's a never-wash or a wash-all-the-time denim enthusiast?

Sick pair Fanya. I think my 17-21 oz category is a little easier than your 21 oz+!

We just finished making our own drapes out of linen and muslin last week, so I thought the jeans would look cool in there. Installing that drapery hardware was kind of a pain in the ass at 10+ feet high without a ladder, but I love how it turned out.

16241980882_d3154ff33c_z.jpg

16240949981_6a3e2fc037_z.jpg

A few more:

16242816535_3303b191ab_z.jpg

16242817175_4d0e57de6d_z.jpg

Calf area just keeps getting cooler and cooler.

16216917106_8d9fcfdf5f_z.jpg

We've been budgeting for our wedding, and it won't end up being terribly expensive, so we bought a new bed on a ridiculous sale a few days ago. We won't have it for nearly two months, but it'll be worth the wait:

16055276038_5645025e21_z.jpg

We've wanted this bed for awhile, but the full price was realistic. We were debating between getting a new bed in king or cal king, and the cal king went on a crazy sale at like 70% off, so we bought it. We've gotten pretty obsessed with materials in furniture, so the solid walnut / hand hammered iron construction was super appealing. We're going to get a new media console soon enough, so we're thinking about getting this tacked onto the order before the bed ships:

16056965247_ac4c0f91af_b.jpg

Not sure why the txt for this changed but what the hell. New phone...loving the note 4. Anyways, I'm sitting here on my porch in -21, smoking a cohiba, crushing a bottle of Wynns 2008 53rd vintage cabernet and reading your post cander. King bed or bigger is key. Especially if you plan on having kids. Nothing worse than a poor nights sleep. The other thing to consider is some quality outdoor furniture.

You and your fiance have some great taste so shouldn't be a problem.

And you and fanyas pairs are to be applauded!

another update for the 2015. gave these another wash when i got back to Singapore for the holidays. can't believe we've come by almost 2 years already..

IMG_0853_zpsc1bb32cf.jpg

IMG_0854_zps6b370717.jpg

IMG_0865_zps5a9c9bab.jpg

IMG_0866_zps8f16349e.jpg

IMG_0867_zpseb57fc9b.jpg

these have been holding up well over a year and a half. little holes here and there starting to show up minor crotch rip and back pocket hole appearing...

IMG_0857_zps4a720dcd.jpg

IMG_0858_zpsd48a60da.jpg

Bunch of awesome looking jeans on this page!

you know - there are a lot of excellent pairs on this thread - but i gotta say that my personal fave is fanya's, which has always looked insane.  achieving that level of contrast without any holes in the combs or stacks is crazy.  anyone know if he's a never-wash or a wash-all-the-time denim enthusiast?

I soak them while I enjoy a nice hot shower :) Probably got 30ish soaks or so.  I do one every week, two max when I'm working, it's 2-4 during the off season depending on wear and laziness on my part

ãŠä¹…ã—ã¶ã‚Š!

Bybeatle Volume 1

Was just wondering what happened to your jeans the other day, as it seemed like we hadn't seen them for awhile. Looking good!

Cander - those Oni jeans fit great. 

And thanks for posting those. Yet another brand I wasn't aware of, and am now very interested in. 

Was just wondering what happened to your jeans the other day, as it seemed like we hadn't seen them for awhile. Looking good!

thanks cander!!

Yep, last year i travelled alot...and when i had the chance to post an update my PC died. 

21 months 1 wash

zTWdmKY.jpg

inVgUQK.jpg

WWalQLc.jpg?1

jdyYFlG.jpg?1

lts nice to see that much wear and very little seam drift on the legs .

Gonna get another one more focused with some detail shots for HWDC but the color is true and the back is beat up.  Pretty proud of these as my first Year or longer pair of jeans.  Feet fades are 21 years no washes.

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

with one added in, its been dark and dreary here so i had to do some inside shots.

IMG_0675.jpg

and with those years they will get even better as time goes on. Those look like the start of something good.

^^^ is this the result of weekend wear ?

Yes he stated he had 2 days a week wearing them

and with those years they will get even better as time goes on. Those look like the start of something good.

Yes he stated he had 2 days a week wearing them

As easy as it would be and call you out by asking ; where did he state that : l wont . 

l was curious as l would only get to wear mine to and from gym weeknights and on sundays .

Haha, you're both wrong! Sundays and Thursdays!

And louisbosco, I considered that but I have other pairs that need attention, and the hwdc3 rules for that option state no rotation with other pairs. I'm still deciding if I'm going to participate this time.

Wait, no rotating? Missed this memo...