Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Ok, here is my latest challenge entry (I guess it's a combo of repairs and not washing, as I haven't washed in about 2 months and they're disgusting... blood stains, massive dirt stains, etc...) and a general update.  This is pic heavy, so I made them pretty small photos.  If anyone wants to see bigger ones, just ask!  1 year 8 months wear, 14 washes.

Overall photo of front (apparently I wipe my hands much more on the right leg):

15094924054_733f792def.jpg

Overall shot of back:

15529439198_d9b70ea741.jpg

Selvedge seam still holding up 100%:

15530024090_4629647eff.jpg

Repairs to the crotch (and surrounding area, which had started to explode):

15530025230_90dc050457.jpg

Left back thigh repair:

15712958331_d54531bdb5.jpg

Back right pocket top repair (sewing down the fraying, part by hand, part by machine):

15691143826_62ffb135b8.jpg

Entire back right pocket repairs, plus surrounding area, which is massively repaired as well:

15530022290_7b12bfe09b.jpg

Edited by cander49

Hems still need repair, as they're getting all chewed up:

15714863915_90f106cceb.jpg

Knees need patching on the front now:

15528988769_26aff6b7e6.jpg

Non-selvedge seam is just destroyed and needs  a full restitch for a long chunk at the bottom:

15529672797_77f0c1b442.jpg

Need to patch some fraying on the whiskers:

15530023450_690a085d8e.jpg

Fully agree

I also admire canders hardcore raw denim love put in to his work pants the rough way!!!

And not forget to mention how fast his jeans are building up a real strong patina in just 2 months of non washing them

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

Great, great images Cander you are a jeans destroyer supreme !!

For anyone wishing to continue into the next round of madness....

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/bottoms/dwcxuhr-deposit.html

Looks like another great pair of IH for the next competition. Wish I would be able to take part.

Cander's jean's are certainly beat to a pulp! The thing I have found the 32oz is these things just don't break down, apart from taking a sand blaster to them...anyone got one laying around?

that patching on the inside looks like stained glass.

Hahaha.  This made me literally laugh out loud.  Thanks.  Ski season is about to start back up and I just got some new skis, so I'll be ready to take the last bit of life out of them over the final months of the competition. :)

Sorry that I missed the date for this challenge, but I thought that I could go through the repairs that I've done so far, I ha done most of them myself and they've had various results.

The crotch was the first to get some repairs, and are holding up good right now, will probably do some small additional stitching later on. 

a6RC8Ub.jpg?1

This have been the hardest one, the pocket inside for the phone is totally gone and ripped but the big pocket is still intact.I may have to repair the hole in the lower part, bu it's not too easy for an amateur.

I2eOl4O.jpg

The patch have lost it stitches a few times due to the very thin gauge threads.

jRIZFP0.jpg?1

Back pocket have got some serious damage from the wallet, the stitches have been holding up great though.

rwfDIzn.jpg?1

These are probably the next places to repair, but there's no hurry yet!

JNUxuvl.jpg

vgOSox5.jpg?1

Been really busy these last couple months, but finally got some time to take a few pictures of the N&F 32oz beasts. Holding up pretty good, pocket bags are ripping and few holes starting in the crotch, but other than that these things still got lots of life in them. Photos are a little over exposed in real life.

Sorry for the delay in getting some pictures up!

Cheers!

15712569785_d5b265a40f_c.jpg

15527438527_61cd5d65e1_c.jpg

What an impressing denim evolution seen here. How many washings and soakings so far?

They really remind me on my 25 oz MBB IH jeans which are still never washed or soaked.

I admire your hard core raw denim love given to them. Do you know about approximately wear days so far?

I'm thinking of doing something special about a vote over all heaviest faded retired  raw denim projects to see who would win a price about the craziest trashed jeans

What an impressing denim evolution seen here. How many washings and soakings so far?

They really remind me on my 25 oz MBB IH jeans which are still never washed or soaked.

I admire your hard core raw denim love given to them. Do you know about approximately wear days so far?

I'm thinking of doing something special about a vote over all heaviest faded retired  raw denim projects to see who would win a price about the craziest trashed jeans

Zero washes, zero soaks. These haven't touch water other than some snow and a little swamp water.

I have no idea how many days of wear I have into them. I took a rotated them out in the summer when it was too warm to wear them, and have worn other jeans when I need full mobility. Even broken in, they are a tough to move around in.

Still a little bit more time to still beat these bad boys up!

Flathead 2015 

HC-SF-76

After some time away, I managed to take some pics and updates.  Nothing too much has changed. I'd have to say my favorite part of my Flatheads are the back pockets.

Front

LQvBUzC.jpg

Back

SQfDRGh.jpg

Crotch Repairs

1fF3etc.jpg

New holes - will need a new repair soon

OFywsSM.jpg

Current crotch reinforcement

WHH3d59.jpg

HWDC2 uniform

pzW1I2E.jpg

3C7xGZL.jpg

WcfPbRX.jpg

A couple more shots, since they just got their 15th wash!  They're getting past the point that we can easily repair everything, and they'd probably fray out badly in the dryer, so for now, they're being washed on delicate and hang dried in the bathroom with help by heating up the room with a pretty powerful spot heater.  I'm also going to try to limit my washings to once every 1.5 to 2 months instead of once every month, since they've hit the point when washings just aren't good for the durability.

15122209773_af5bd3f436.jpg

15741605635_9d60124e7c.jpg

If these ever go through the dryer again, my thigh whiskers are going to explode. Hah.

Edited by cander49