Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

I know I should definitely post more pictures. I have some random pictures that were taken in the last weeks - I'll post them these days. Not today though, since they won't fit in with the general HWDC-day-theme.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if I'm still in the contest, or if I already have dropped out...

Because I didn't have any hwdc2 merch and still wanted to contributa today I thought it was time to capture some pics for the repair challenge:

I think it adds character to try and repair all defects by hand and this is how it looks on my denim.

Button hole:

R4NP0Z0.jpg

Front rise came loose, before and after:

lI9uCMl.jpg

QeXklwp.jpg

Little hole in my pocketbags:

tOgMRx8.jpg

Little hole in the inseam:

uvdTBLR.jpg

Crotch started to rip:

ECfvGbr.jpg

CSyFDk7.jpg

Because I'm going on a trip to the USA in a week I decided to repair my jeans some more because I don't want them to rip while doing activities there:

Reinforced the front rise because my last repair wouldn't last any longer.

Ny5cEXR.jpg

Other inseam had some small holes in them:

HRjoKPN.jpg

QGAQ3ME.jpg

x5CyNZw.jpg

gmfbmQU.jpg

Sorry for the spam on repair stuff :)

My 25 oz IH MBB are enjoying some high mountain trips.

This was today climbing the Breithorn in Wallis 4160 meter above sea level. I was leading 2 friends on top of the summit on the rope with ice axes and crampons.

The jeans had a rough day today but still going strong after 520 wear days in a row and still never washed or soaked

The bad news is That I have no clue how to upload the image from my photo list on my IPhone in to this thread!!!

This was today climbing the Breithorn in Wallis 4160 meter above sea level. I was leading 2 friends on top of the summit on the rope with ice axes and crampons.

The jeans had a rough day today but still going strong after 520 wear days in a row and still never washed or soaked

The bad news is That I have no clue how to upload the image from my photo list on my IPhone in to this thread!!!

Use photobucket or the like, upload to there using the app, then paste the img link here.

I'd love to see the pics!

Edited by Highvoltage

I usually email the image to myself and then download the photo to my computer. not sure that it is the best way, but its the way i do it.

Looks like a Schmidt to me  ;)

Thanks everyone who posted, both here and on IH. Looks like the contest might come down to around 20 - 30 people by the end, which is fine with me. Next time things will be different though, I have a plan  :P

I usually email the image to myself and then download the photo to my computer. not sure that it is the best way, but its the way i do it.

I finally managed to grab a laptop for a few minutes to just upload one pic on picasa after I have emailed it to myself and here we go to this single pic 2 days too late for the HWDC day

The jeans had a rough day today but still going strong after 520 wear days in a row and still never washed or soaked. Together with my 60 year old Lee 101j denim jacket. 

It was hardcore fun out there ha ha

You can probably find out which person is me ha ha

Foto.JPG

I'm still alive despite being MIA :-\. Jeans have seen very little usage unfortunately in the last 2-3 months. Went to South Africa and gained some weight, jeans were uncomfortable back in the Midwest USA's summer heat. Combined with having to dress up nearly daily for work, so maybe weekend wear on my jeans occasionally. In the middle of exam week but break next week, so perhaps I'll be able to get some pictures. Somewhere around 18 months now? No washes, multiple soaks, Sam 710's 19oz.

Picked up some old Allen Edmonds Shell Cordovan Norwegian Split Toe shoes in very minimally worn condition with new heels for $135 and polished them up nicely.  I love how different the leather looks in different lighting:

15227311098_fae6781b3f_z.jpg

15413555382_08a4e96b94_z.jpg

15227291318_5eab154305_z.jpg

They're obviously the burgundy color, but look anywhere from burgundy to brown to, somehow, nearly gold in that last photo.