Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

There is no right way to wear denim Ben. This doesn't float my boat, but obviously his, so no need to step in and criticize 'em.

Maynard said it great back in the FH thread when Kyle posted some Thai kids jawnz, 

I like looking at those jeans. I wouldn't wear jeans for so long without a wash nor would I have stacks like that but am glad that others do. It shows the possibility of raw denim when taken to extremes and I find them visually mesmerizing.

Edited by bradl

Nice with some more video.

Must have been tough supporting Spain in this World Cup. They really played like shite.

good video

Thanks fellas, yes they were shitting on my TV  :unsure:

Here's my monthly update and challenge, it's been really hot lately in Sweden so I haven't been wearing my jeans much the past month.

16 months 1 wash
VGUl06V.jpg

vMm22HV.jpg

Challenge 6

I play drums in a band called Karma Tree and we went to our studio to start recording our 3rd album

4O1afnx.jpg

83wt8Pc.jpg

oJqG9Kf.jpg

Hello all, it's been a while!  Things have been busy, but I finally have a little time to update on my Oni 18oz.  The flat pictures are from post-wash around 12.5 months (4th wash, I think), and the wearing pic is what they look like now around 13.5 months.  I'll be taking them for a crotch reinforcement before long as I'll be returning to a bike commute before long, and I can see it getting thinner day by day.

ZhuFskT.jpg

mqWXmfR.jpg

p0rHo34.jpg

These things happen, initial enthusiasm for a competition this big always gives way from the half way point onwards. To be fair the longevity issue was something that I hoped the challenges would help with, and they did for the first year.

To look at it with some positivity I consider that those left competing are those with the commitment to their denim to stand a realistic chance of winning. I've mentioned before that there is something new in the pipeline for the next contest, and I fully expect far more people will be able to commit next time around owing to some.......changes which are being made  ;)

So after noticing that today was the last day for the challenge a question popped in my head: Did Mega ever find his notebook?

I will also just edit this post with my challenge pics and fit pics later today.  The boys are then going for a wash, I got some show crust (steeze, grime, muck, flavoring, etc.) on them after a hearty crowd jumped all over the place including on me (no injuries)

I guess some people just have short attention spans or fluctuate in weight too much. I'm glad that it's a two year contest though, and hope you don't make it shorter in the future.  One year just isn't enough to really destroy a good heavy pair of jeans.

By the way, mine are drying from their 13th wash right now.  The back of the thighs is suddenly showing a ton of new character now (tearing, vertical falling, etc), which is interesting.  Will post pics soon.  

Edited by cander49

There won't be a change to contest length, two years is about right to put some decent wear on pair of jeans.

The notebook is alas lost forever it would seem, and you reminded me that I haven't done this challenge yet either. Shame on me, my entry will be late  :(

I'll post up some new challenges in the next 24 hours.

Well, it's still in the planning stages but it is much broader in scope  and far more accommodating and easy for contestants to compare side by side with each other, or record and review their own personal evo...... and that is all I'm saying about that.

My mother can't take a photo to save her life but its general fit pics on an iphone for the moment anyways.  Also for the challenge the inclusion of my drum set that is in our house until I re-organize our storage shed to be able to hold it. (i will probably fix these photos and edit better ones in. I hope to atleast)

Moments after posting  i realized she didnt ever focus the photos or chose an area to focus, I apologize again.

photo2-6.jpg

photo1-7.jpg

photo3-4.jpg

Edited by FLDenim211

Hi guys… In Germany, it´s 5 minutes to 12 right now, and I´m trying to shoot out these music-related pics for the challenge before the time runs out… :D

So, as some of you might know (but most probably do not), I play in a band. I was hoping to have some pictures of a gig, but we didn´t have any, so there were no pics. So instead, I decided to show you our little rehearsing-room. Here goes:

Photo%2004.08.14%2014%2053%2002.jpg

Photo%2004.08.14%2014%2053%2015.jpg

So, this is the lounge… I know, it´s not REALLY clean, but it is quiet, and we can keep to ourselves… the room is in a building that used to be a bank, and we were lucky to get hold of the vault to set up our gear in. Over time we built a little bar in the lounge (that blueish-lit thing in the back), and in between songs we sit and talk about band-related stuff.

Photo%2004.08.14%2014%2053%2032.jpg

Look at that: when I said vault, I MEANT vault! Check out these heavy doors! :D

Photo%2004.08.14%2014%2054%2051.jpg

Some of our gear…

Photo%2004.08.14%2014%2055%2046.jpg

This is where I sit most of the time… I do percussion and sing the lead vocals, but I can also pitch in for the drummer if need be.

Photo%2004.08.14%2014%2055%2049.jpg

Now and then I also play the piano. Not that great though, unfortunately...

Photo%2004.08.14%2014%2057%2004.jpg

Photo%2004.08.14%2014%2057%2027.jpg

I do play the guitar as well, but that´s our guitarists stuff, to be honest.  Anyway, I thought this small part of his collection (no understatement!) was impressive enough to be shared here.

Photo%2004.08.14%2014%2057%2035.jpg

That´s it for today… I´ll post some pics of the next gig, if I have the chance. I´ll be visiting a festival on the weekend, so there should be pics of the jeans (and more music-related stuff too) in the near future. Meanwhile, I hope you liked the ones I posted here.

Edited by dingo

I don't know about challenges, but I'm still rockin my denim on most days.   :ph34r: Hats off to you guys doing the challenges and posting pics regularly (I still haven't washed mine btw).  This has been a great opportunity to be apart of a contest and see so many weights and brands fade all at once.  It's quite different then searching through the threads and looking at fade pics from 5 years ago.  I'll definitely be back for the next installment. 

HWDC Challenges Round 7

1) Washing jeans is a controversial and emotive subject for some, share how you clean yours. What's your method and why does it work for you? Pictures please.

2) Don't wash your jeans, if your jeans remain unwashed give us some denim close ups and tell us why you believe that dirt is the way forward.

3) Running repairs. No doubt that some heavy champs jeans are getting pretty beat up, let's see those repairs and talk us through them.

Challenges end November 4th.