Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Cander,

Which trail marathon is that?  I didn't know there was one in the spring in N Utah.  Antelope Island?

Bonneville Shoreline. But shh... It's not officially permitted, so it's just a "fat-ass" race, ie basically just 100-something people showing up and going out for a free run with minimal aid, all on the same course at the same time. :)

Edited by cander49

Bonneville Shoreline. But shh... It's not officially permitted, so it's just a "fat-ass" race, ie basically just 100-something people showing up and going out for a free run with minimal aid, all on the same course at the same time. :)

Ah, makes sense.  Not sure if you've run MId Mtn in PC, but that is a great trail marathon.  Oh, yeah and your Sammies are looking ridiculous.   

Yeah, you know, I've been meaning to get out to Mid Mountain for a couple years now!  I love running on that trail, but have yet to do the race.  Next up is a half marathon en route to Speedgoat (finally focusing on a trail race for the first time in awhile), and maybe I'll try my hand at Mid Mountain after that as a good long run before a fall marathon.

I've just started a short term internship transforming my pair to weekendwarrior equipment until autumn. Kinda sucks. But heck, I've got some fun shit planned that I'll share, be it with Steel Feathers or not.

An old picture (that I don't think I've posted) of my ass to lighten it up a bit:
14163161463_3c9d6f8ea7_z.jpg

I am finally ready to get my denim back on and now we have zero amounts of days below 85 for the next week with showers 4 out of 7 days this week.  Damn you tropical summers.

they look awesome, and still look like they are super stiff.  Like they will be stiff to the end of time.

NH your 32 oz looks great, but DAMN I don't see how you can wear such heavy denim that tight and move at all. 

BTW - what fit are those -Weird Guy? 

Yes the are still super stiff, walking around is fine but going up stairs or sitting cross legged is tough. It could also be that the jeans themselves weigh 3 pounds.when I put on normal jeans they feel like PJs! I figured sine this was the heavy weight competition might as well go for the heaviest weight denim there is! Or at least until that crazy Brandon guy decides to make an even heavier pair of jeans!

They look great NH, interesting to hear your comments about them being super stiff too. I have found that every pair of heavy denim that I have owned has felt more like sweatpants after the first 6 - 8 months than denim, although 25oz is my heaviest thus far.

My MBB's definitely feel less like jeans than my Trophy Dirt Denim, and more like comfortable old sweat pants.

HC-SF-91

S610LX

-may 2014-

Gunung Burangrang: Mountain near Cisuren Alternate Name(s): Goenoeng Boerangkang, Mount Burangrang Latitude/Longitude: S 6° 44' 7.01"  E 107° 35' 4.99" (-6.73528, 107.58472) Elevation: 1,771 m (5,811 ft) Time Zone: Asia/Jakarta UTC/GMT+07:00

GOPR1609_zpsddc9eb8e.jpg

GOPR1679_zps5adcfcff.jpg

GOPR1677_zps235416fb.jpg

GOPR1718_zpsc8c95cfe.jpg

GOPR1722_zpsc3ff641e.jpg

G0021686_zps51d30dfe.jpg

GOPR1676_zpsadbe81fb.jpg

G0011619_zpsfd4d95f1.jpg

I went down to visit some old friends from my university in Linköping over the weekend. The biggest party of the year always takes place in may, an outdoor event with 3000 students going nuts right on campus. But first, the journey:

Waiting for the train to show up

14214864905_51fb26f589_c.jpg

14028205248_6b3a4cee90_c.jpg

14028240760_f24ac7f262_z.jpg

Switching trains

14214863585_d8cb911f16_c.jpg

14214685684_60f9fa913e_z.jpg

Welcome to Linköping!
14212453402_1527561b22_z.jpg

In Linköping almost every pub and club is located on the same street (right next to my out of focus thumb)
14214684834_9bd828dd56_c.jpg

We played some beachvolleyball. Slim heavyweight jeans are not ideal for the task.
14211562821_4358545bce_c.jpg

14235026803_5401d6c527_c.jpg 

Barbecue for dinner. And if you're wondering about the ugly ass overalls, every faction at Uni have their own colors.
14028202058_a00ebe0e59_z.jpg

The swedish rock'n'roll duo Johnossi were back from their timeout to rock our socks off at the amphitheatre
14028389478_f91cdde2a6_z.jpg

And finally the hangover burger, Stångebro Gatukök have the best burgers in town.
14211748751_c2799acb70_c.jpg

It was an awsome weekend. and the jeans are now in the wash thanks to burgersauce, sweat and beer. Should have some evopics up next week.

Hi guys!

Alright, I know that I´m not here as often as I should be, so I´ve got some explaining to do: These last weeks and months were rather hectic – I had my final written and oral exams in university, and then there´s some planning to do for my wedding which is coming up… These are things that can make a person quite preoccupied. But now I´m finished with university, and after a few days of drinking I´m finally starting to sober up again ;)

So, yesterday I figured that I´m overdue with posting pictures once again. Luckily the weather was nice, which made for good lighting.

They still have not been washed since day 1 – the plan is to give them their first wash just in time for my wedding, which will be in a couple of weeks.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

I ALWAYS look forward to a post from Dingo, glad to hear things are calming down for you man and congratulations on your wedding.