Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

@netleyhunter Great shots! Beware of imgur though. You forfeit all rights and ownership of what you upload to imgur meaning you no longer own those photos. I made a quick video of how i upload from flickr. If you just paste that code directly into the box you should be good. Ive never had luck with the image button. 

Thanks Formula Pfaff, what you do in the video is exactly what I have been trying to do, however when I click on SuFu reply box and try to paste the link, there is no paste option.

edit: It looks as though I have to first type a few lines of text before it allows me to use the paste option. Really unusal.

I am shooting a Nikon D300 body and with the pictures I took above they were shot with the Nikon 300mm f4 lens. Just picked up the 300mm f2.8 VRII lens. (pocket book and bank account are now filled with moths!) Hope to get some even better pictures now!

Thanks for the note on imgur, going to take down all those photos. Spend too much time and money to start giving them away for free.

9610768443_d0c74198a5.jpg

Edited by Netleyhunter

Yes, I've only used it a few times thus far, but really happy with the results. Can't wait until all the snow melts and more of the birds start coming back. Going to be spending a ton of time out in the field this year!

HC-SF-21

ih-555-02

seeing as it's been a year now i figure it's time for a pic update. i haven't worn these exclusively over the last year but this is where they're at, and around 3-4 washes.. colour is fairly accurate bar the last shot

13729104763_5f169452a0_c.jpg

13729052145_7d2a96d53f_b.jpg

13729433774_6227298980_c.jpg

13729037623_a3e58f1c52_c.jpg

13729016353_d407c61e14_c.jpg

Love the Jin denim, such stunning subtle evo. It's not for fans of high contrast, but if you love some subtlety (as I do), then this denim should be on your list.

I bought the grey weft Jins from Blue in Green awhile ago!  I kindof wish I would have opted for the regular weft Jins.  The grey weft seems to behave differently than the regular.  Is it a completely different denim?  I get confused with the numbers.

Great looking pair and a nice update Mmbj!

Great looking pair and a nice update Mmbj!

thanks mate :)

Yes, awesome pair. I almost ended up getting the same pair for the contest. I really hope for a comeback of those denims.

yes.. i hoping for a comeback of these series too.. i just own 2 model for these series..the other model is gx-h

Edited by mmbj

I bought the grey weft Jins from Blue in Green awhile ago!  I kindof wish I would have opted for the regular weft Jins.  The grey weft seems to behave differently than the regular.  Is it a completely different denim?  I get confused with the numbers.

It is a complete new denim and it replaced the old Jins denim.

Mistake imo, the old Jin denim is absolutely beautiful (as seen on BM's pair above) whereas the new Jin denim seems quite flat and uniform in comparison.