Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

My jeans hit water, they were sweaty and felt a bit weird so, they got a soak.  The water turned a funky yellow so I think it was a well made decision.

I think the yellow is just starch.  I gave my jeans a good soaking last week for the first time.  They had some patina on them but I was more concerned about the crotch and potential blowouts.  Just hoping that getting some of the starch out will loosen the fabric up.  Right now the only real wear marks are from my cuffs damage…i got a long way to go!

Edited by Davil

I really don't get it though.  I've been wearing my jeans like crazy.  They get dirty, but they don't fade.  I guess Im not as active as I use to be…and probably a bit more of a messy eater these days.

Here's my 6th month update (I think it's 6 months - didn't wear them over the summer). 5 washes. Getting their 6th this weekend - so much salt and mud on the legs.

Top block:

585C1EB6-2275-4560-A4F5-7D0FD4C5BA33_zps

Knee wear (I have a child) and maybe some slight stacks. Could be dirt.

ED390FCA-0A5B-4E53-8456-8F13EA847328_zps

I think I sit on the right side of my ass more than my left:

9E74743C-5040-4B97-AC62-DBACD25EE46D_zps

The closest I get to combs, it seems:

B921A566-0CEF-49F8-A55C-5403EB9B5099_zps

Just adding my $0.02 on the soaking issue. However, the Canadian government has removed the penny from our currency so my opinion is worth $0.00 or nothing!

I've only soaked my MBB's twice. I have had to do a slight repair in the crotch. Which was to fix a hole on my left leg and mitigate a developing hole on my right leg. I'm becoming partial to the "Reudi" method as the jeans stay very dark other than the high wear areas. Might be more damage with a lighter weight denim though so I'm not completely sold on it until I have a chance to test on a pair once the contest is over.

that is slightly relieving that I am not so gross that I make my jeans sweat yellow out during soaks.  Itchy and nasty was still an issue, but thanks for the heads up.

You all can do whatever you want with your jeans. Just a little heads-up: the (in my opinion) best faded pairs in the contest and elsewhere are those who have been washed frequently. Washing is part of a clothing's life, especially with jeans as intended workwear. Try a gentle handwash if you're afraid, you'll be surprised what spice it adds and how much funk goes away. ;-)

Have a nice weekend, champs (maybe with a washing day?)

Mine are hitting water frequently from here on out, but I do agree that most of the pairs that are looking nice have hit water more than most.

the real beauty (for me) is in the details of natural wear. I just love seeing a persons true lifestyle reflected in their jeans, and if an office worker has not lost half as much indigo as a carpenter then so be it, there can be (and is) beauty in subtlety too.

Love this!

^Thanks Max.

It just a simple note about the journey of my MBB for my personal reference, no big deal. The best part is on 2nd December 2013, caught by motorcycle accident, been thrown down the drain. So, my MBB should be rinsed (forced).

Love all this denim.  God willing I have finally pinned down a day with my sister to take some photos of my jeans and will have an update soon.