Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

thanks davil and max

Indeed, Its surprisingly slow considering how rigid it was at the beginning.

On the other hand, yours is looking awesome max.  

They're looking good. The denim was dipped 24 times in indigo so they'll be stubborn but come up really good in the end.

HC-SF-103 Samurai S5000vx 25oz 15th Anniversary Size 30

Decided to do a wash after little more than 5.5 months. Did a 60 degree Celsius machine wash and got a tighter fit, especially in the top block (expected since I didn’t soak the top block at the beginning). They did hold on to the color surprisingly well, not much of a difference in the overall color.

Had trouble photographing them though, when I did the before pictures I had daylight and for the after shots it was just not possible. So I did two after shots, with and without flash. But I do think that the flash photos resemble the daylight photos the best. My photo skills obviously are not the best.

Here are the measurements (size 30), before and after wash. Note though, that I stretched the waist and inseam when wet.

MeasurementsEdit_zpsba673537.jpg

HC-SF-103-07-1_zps2226d1d6.jpg

HC-SF-103-07-2_zps3e3099a4.jpg

IMG_3353_zpsf0b736da.jpg

Edited by mange

No problem fit wise J A little hard to button them up this morning but they were never uncomfortable.  Which is nice because I was a bit worried about them shrinking too much. But I must say that the 25oz denim is surprisingly soft and size 30 fit me a bit bigger in the waist compared to my pair of 21oz (the 21oz were a nightmare to put on after the first wash).

Thanks Davil. That is a little more than 7% shrinkage from unsanforized state which I don’t think is extreme since I didn’t soak the waist and has been wearing them for 5+ months. On the other hand, there are room for my measuring errors and how much I stretched the waist when measuring.

Fortunately they will stretch back easily. My experience is that when I have bought denim in a larger size to add for the shrinkage, they usually end up to big. For me the shrinkage and stretching usually evens each other out.

A meet up in Stockholm around the time of midsummer would be great. I will most likely be in Stockholm at that time. I don’t know how many of us here are from Stockholm and around but send me a message and we can at least have a few beers!

not exactly epic eats, and no denim at the time, but the girl and I celebrated 3 years together last night with a nice dinner. 10 oz prime rib for me, 7 oz garlic steak for her. (apologies for the poor quality, the place isn't that well lit)

j80e.jpg

gvxx.jpg

pk1e.jpg

and a little denim update.

5dy4.jpg

w9uj.jpg

About two weeks ago the winter storm hit us in Ohio. Luckily flew back from Honduras a day before shit hit the fan (no denim pictures of me there, was mostly working/volunteering). I know -10F isn't that cold for some of you other folks here, but that's way colder than we're used to, so heavy denim was quite a blessing.

wEleQKa.jpg

VhPirAA.png

photo-1.jpg

I asked a friend to help me out taking some pictures this week, will have to see how that goes. But I hope to have an update before the end of the month.

just got back from a 2 weeks holiday in tokyo and osaka. feels great to go there again. here's some shots from earlier in the trip. visited cat cafes, queued for goros, went to IH the works in hachioji.

E489FE18-5DBE-4179-BED4-D1DA6017B203_zps

536D6C78-7DEC-41DB-B17A-25E4C23288A0_zps

EEBAF9A7-87EB-467D-B661-B48E8D3907B2_zps

F1F4A951-7D7E-402C-B062-95CF23172D7B_zps

8FF2559C-CF24-44EB-BDE2-94247352F4F6_zps

F0A0785F-98B8-40B8-B3D3-2B0A201DB427_zps

Managed to snag what i wanted from goros after queuing the whole day in the cold.

FC808615-8883-4400-82D2-9B415D5F9E8A_zps

some waywt..

2CC167DE-3F3A-424A-B1D9-93082B5E4FBE_zps

B382DDB0-E844-4B2E-A0A5-B22F8DEC1901_zps

only had this curry rice in my laptop so far. the rest will come soon.

F6E8987D-D5D3-417B-A614-B930E3FC8A2E_zps

Happy New Year folks.

It's been a long while since I updated anyone. I should explain myself. Been really busy with both my day job where I was promoted 5 levels and given way more responsibility. Couple that with everything I've been doing for HOF and you can already tell sleep is a big problem. However, I've been letting off plenty of steam by emptying glasses, mugs, yards, bottles. Anyone following my instagram would probably see all of that haha.

Hope everyone is having a great 2014. Quick question to all contestants, is there anyone left who hasn't washed their jeans? Will need a show of hands to keep track. You're honour bound to be truthful ;)

Anyways, here's my update. It's a slightly heavy one, but I took some close ups for you to judge. They've been through almost 600km of cycling and all kinds of other stuff. Not a whole lot of contrast going on, but we knew the denim would behave this way. My sweat seems to be pretty acidic since it burned through a pocket bag. It's got holes on both sides haha. If anyone has any questions about them, just drop me a pm.

HC-SF-110-05-1_zpsbb76f5d9.jpg

HC-SF-110-05-2_zps8eb8c410.jpg

HC-SF-110-05-3_zpsc999ebe6.jpg

HC-SF-110-06-2_zps95a770f2.jpg

HC-SF-110-06-1_zps25810abe.jpg

HC-SF-110-06-3_zps37c3c9c9.jpg