Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

who's living in the arctic frost winds in the north of the US?? would love some pictures. the news reports doesn't show much.

Friend of mine is a pilot and is up in and is up in Iqaluit, I could try and explain where it is, but maybe it's just easier to say it's about 1,500 miles as the crow flies to the US border. Today a blizzard hit there, wind gusts were up to 140km/h! Some pretty extreme weather for sure!!! The link below has some video.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/centre-of-violent-blizzard-to-pass-over-iqaluit-tuesday-night-1.2486725

Friend of mine is a pilot and is up in and is up in Iqaluit, I could try and explain where it is, but maybe it's just easier to say it's about 1,500 miles as the crow flies to the US border. Today a blizzard hit there, wind gusts were up to 140km/h! Some pretty extreme weather for sure!!! The link below has some video.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/centre-of-violent-blizzard-to-pass-over-iqaluit-tuesday-night-1.2486725

no shit. this is some crazy weather the world's been getting year after year. be it the hottest summer or the coldest winter. it just seems to get crazy every year on. i hope all those caught in it would be safe!

This is the coldest Florida has been in years...not cold compared to you guys but it is very strange to us when our plants actually break from the cold moisture in the air and our fountains freeze.

So here's a more detailed update for the Steel Feathers. Lighting is crap so mind I've used a flash. 

So far I think I've worn them about 6 months and I've lost track of how many washes aswell. I just wear and wash when I feel like they need it. As you can see in the picture I've also had to do some DIY-repairwork to prevent a hole. For being the first repair it feel alright, should look better when they've faded some more.

Onto the pics:
front_zpsde13c2c4.png back_zps918a3610.png

topblock_zpse228fe81.png

topblockback_zpsbb7e9026.png

A little bit of roping
roping_zps8901368a.png

I also tried to capture a close-up off the denim. Wish I had a macro lens and some decent photoskills, but what the hell. This is from the front of the thigh: 
naumlrbild_zps9c477b87.png

My god..... Would've been nice if they said what the windchill would've been up there. I can handle cold, but that's just a little too much.

Looks like a solid effort on the steel feathers Bobbo.  Im hoping that I will have this kind of progress with another month of wear.  Since Im not in the construction field this year, my progress has been real slow.  It would be nice to see a bybeatle pair slip in for an update…

^ Thanks man.

I know how the feeling, I've been an office warrior most of the time so far. But we've got loads of time left so there's no rush. 

By the way, I've been wondering what happened to the other Steel Feather-wearers? Is there anyone else still going out there in cyberspace? I havn't kept up with the other forums.

I'm another Steel Feather-wearer (or at the moment, non-wearer). Thing is I've gotten too fat for them. Ooooops!

I have a pretty good reason though (knee surgery) and I'm well on my way to being my ol' slim (or at least slimmer) self again, but the jeans have been practically unwearable the past six months. 

I reckon I'll be back in business in March or so, ready to wear'em haaaaaard.  :cool:

who's living in the arctic frost winds in the north of the US?? would love some pictures. the news reports doesn't show much.

I tried taking pics Monday while I was out shoveling snow in -30 degree Fahrenheit windchills. My iPhone told me to fuck off. This was the best I could do, I took this when I first stepped outside:

72A2F083-03C5-4C0D-A716-F01C666178F3_zps

I took this one indoors afterward:

97FD8FAD-F618-48CC-AAE5-6D5F653F123D_zps

This winter can suck it btw.

I tried taking pics Monday while I was out shoveling snow in -30 degree Fahrenheit windchills. My iPhone told me to fuck off. This was the best I could do, I took this when I first stepped outside:

72A2F083-03C5-4C0D-A716-F01C666178F3_zps

I took this one indoors afterward:

97FD8FAD-F618-48CC-AAE5-6D5F653F123D_zps

This winter can suck it btw.

Little cold for you southern boys?! :P

Speaking of cold! One of the unique things about living in Southern Alberta is that we experience a weather phenomenon called a "chinook". Our First Nations called it the snow eater. A warm dry air comes over the mountains and across the prairies "eating" all the snow. In my life I have experienced waking up in the morning to -20 c temps to coming home from school and it being + 10. It breaks the monotony of constant snow but can really mess with people. Cluster headaches and migraines being two things people will get with the barometric pressure shifts. The other negative is the constant wind. In some severe cases we get gusts of 120-140 km/hr. Anyways I feel for you Netley and the rest of the heavy champs dealing with ridiculous weather. Stay warm. I've found that merino wool is the best insulating layer for the money.

Speaking of cold! One of the unique things about living in Southern Alberta is that we experience a weather phenomenon called a "chinook". Our First Nations called it the snow eater. A warm dry air comes over the mountains and across the prairies "eating" all the snow. In my life I have experienced waking up in the morning to -20 c temps to coming home from school and it being + 10. It breaks the monotony of constant snow but can really mess with people. Cluster headaches and migraines being two things people will get with the barometric pressure shifts. The other negative is the constant wind. In some severe cases we get gusts of 120-140 km/hr. Anyways I feel for you Netley and the rest of the heavy champs dealing with ridiculous weather. Stay warm. I've found that merino wool is the best insulating layer for the money.

I love the fact that it gets cold, it keeps the rift raft out of the province! Yes merino wool is a great insulating layer, I top it off with my Canada Goose jacket. No reason in the world in this day and age that even in -30c you should get cold.

HC-SF-108, CheeseDenim SF-11

Lots of things had happened in 2013 and couldn't afford the time to browse on sufu like I used to, but with that being said the progress on my pair aren't much to what I've expected.

The only thing worth mentioning is that I've made a 7 day driving trip covering Melbourne - Adelaide at the start of 2014. covering 2000km in total, figured out this could be useful in getting more fades.

Qk7VVpU.png

The story/Fit Pics

Border of South Australia - Victoria.

aHCOcMi.jpg

Camped at a caravan site, Mt. Gambier.

CnQhEdP.jpg

Blue lake, in Mt. Gambier  where I've done the wash to preserve the indigo

ZbFw7uA.jpg

pQ9g9uj.jpg

Sinkhole, also in Mt. Gambier

4yJOgQq.jpg

Final stop at Grampians, revisited. Came here with Imperial Duke in  2012, now with CheeseDenim SF-11

E89tboh.jpg

Continue..

HC-SF-32

Viapiana – Wide – 16.25oz (17oz after soak) Unsanforized Japanese Selvedge Denim

The colour of my jeans has changed a lot from new, more of an even fade (which I like). I wear them at least three days a week and wash them all the time... nothing flash, just straight into the washing machine inside out.

1mgj.jpg

je1z.jpg

HC-SF-40 in MBBs reporting in for duty after being AWOL for months.

OK, so I realise how completely weak I've been at providing any kind of evo update...last post was in August so I'm ready to be tarred and feathered! Anyway, here are some shots taken today, I've lost count of the number of wears but I know I'm two washes in. The focus is a bit crappy on these shots, must be the hangover.

tumblr_mzajmfFIQf1r1lghso4_500.jpg

tumblr_mzajmfFIQf1r1lghso5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mzajmfFIQf1r1lghso3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mzajmfFIQf1r1lghso2_500.jpg

tumblr_mzajmfFIQf1r1lghso1_500.jpg

Wow, this is still going! 

It's been awhile since I've been to sufu.....

I've got a pair of SEXIH03's that I entered in this content when it first started that are pretty beat! I'm going to take them to selfedge to get a crotch repair next week as it's totally blown out front and back....but after that I'll post some updated photos! Can't wait to look through all the pages I've missed out on.

It's going pretty strong I'd say!

My leg finally doesn't itch so I can put my jeans back on again finally, I am pretty stoked!

First of all, its been months since my last post here. Life has been pretty unforgiving these days. 

I didn't wear my pair a lot since I was hospitalized on December.  

Anyway these are several pics of my pair, taken on a cloudy day.

ByBeatle Vol. 01
2 soaks

Leather patch evo
zmyp.jpg

l4m5.jpg

e07w.jpg

huw8.jpg

For roping-lover out there

mxnb.jpg

Traintracks in the making

d4jj.jpg