Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

HC-SF-103 Smaurai S5000vx 25oz 15th anniv.

Season changes pictures. Sunny Sunday stroll in the park with the family. Went down to the “beachâ€, a couple of degrees below freezing point but no snow yet. Adding some zoomed in pictures on the jeans as well, hopefully some more contrast compared to my previous post. On these latitudes 25oz denim is definitely not to warm! Jealous on all the nice sunny beach and swim pictures. 

IMG_0859_zps787038b4.jpg

IMG_0861_zps423012c4.jpg

Detail_zpsd391a4a6.jpg

Thanks Max Power, it is the Samurai W001 Heavy Curved belt. I know you used to own one as well. I had some concerns on the sizing but went with size 36 (jeans size 30-31). The size turned out to be just right, they do run rather small. Took some time to get used to the thickness but I love it. I have given it 2 treatments with Obeanaufs Heavy Duty LP since September when I got it.

Edited by mange

Took a visit down to Santa Ynez valley for wine and beer tastings. Had quite a few interesting drinks, and quite a few drinks in general.

ii3l.jpg

Started to get a little whacky in the middle of the second vineyard

ok8i.jpg

kc4s.jpg

Edited by kenzie

@slowitchu... I say: ''WASH EM!'' Interesting to see what will happen. Or are you planning to wear these without a single wash?

Yes, they could definitely use a wash, but I'm a bit skeptic about it. I like the look of how they are now. 

I've planned to wash them at the one year mark. Machine or hand wash.

Looking good there Slowitchu, keep on em!

Thank you!

Really good stuff recently guys, we're in sight of the half way marker for the contest and I'm already wondering if the dudes I had pegged as favourites will have any jeans left by the end.

It's absolutely fantastic to see so many folks still posting regularly and enjoying their denim, and I'm looking across all the forums. By the end of this thing we're all going to see some fantastic worn denim, which is what this thing is all about really.

I just got back from Spain visiting Madrid, Sevilla, and Granada for little over a week during my Thanksgiving break. I enjoyed myself for the most part, it's an interesting country. I had high expectations although I felt the country was a bit hyped and over-romanticized. Highlights from my trip was some guy trying to pickpocket me and I ended up raging on him/giving him a forearm shimmy and my dad stealing bottles of wine from the hotel lobby when the bar closed and drinking them together.

After I got back, I did my first official machine wash. Looking at the other contestant's denim, I have no idea how you guys get such intense fading.  I feel like I beat the crap out of mine and after my wash my combs just look sad.  I am now accepting it like any other shortcomings in life and moving on. :)

Flatheads 2015, 9 months.

WP_20131123_003.jpg

Spanish ham
WP_20131123_010.jpg

Seafood Paella
WP_20131124_014.jpg

Eating tapas with my bro and his gf, I'm in the middle
WP_20131123_016.jpg

Jeans before wash
WP_20131126_011.jpg

Jeans washed
WP_20131201_002.jpg

Jeans washed
WP_20131201_004.jpg

Edited by Chubacca

Been a while since my last update, seems like I have a lot of catching up to do.

HC-IR-10 checking in for the changing seasons challenge.

Taking a taste of fall:

sUb1R0j.jpg

Front and back pics:

sIYlBPy.jpg

xGcWGic.jpg

Better pics of the jeans:

QAYj0Gv.jpg

SKtSw4Z.jpg

More pics with some more nature shots in the next post

Jeans are oldblue co heavyweight edition btw.

Challenge pics...season has changed...we went through a corn maze...on behalf of Fireburner (HC-SF-123)...

P1050044_zpscb6a564d.jpg

and me...

P1050015_zpse8abe4fb.jpg

And me playing with my new amp...

P1040998_zps9dd338f6.jpg

P1050005_zpsec3d1d54.jpg

I am the worst kind of jealous of that orange set up, my friend and I both dream of Orange guitar equipment