Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Posted Today, 08:45 PM

wait, these are the kind of fades people like?

Yes of course, the idea is to remove as much indigo as possible, in anyway possible. Sand paper, metal rasps, burying them in the sand for weeks on end etc.... ;)

I'm kidding of course!

mmbj, did you use a flash in some of the photos, some seem a little washed out. Then again it could be me! :wacko:  :blush: Jeans are looking good!

Edited by Netleyhunter

of course there are no justice in every picture we had snap, even though you got such an expensive gadget/camera or else.

the problem is not from the camera lenses but our eye, imo..

fading evolution is just subjective and seeing live to believe. btw, i love mmbj fading evo. ;)

Yes of course, the idea is to remove as much indigo as possible, in anyway possible. Sand paper, metal rasps, burying them in the sand for weeks on end etc.... ;)

I'm kidding of course!

mmbj, did you use a flash in some of the photos, some seem a little washed out. Then again it could be me! :wacko::blush: Jeans are looking good!

I didnt use a flash to take this pic. This pic are raw, no editing and i only use my handphone (samsung galaxy s3)..just factory setting..

Edited by mmbj

of course there are no justice in every picture we had snap, even though you got such an expensive gadget/camera or else.

the problem is not from the camera lenses but our eye, imo..

fading evolution is just subjective and seeing live to believe. btw, i love mmbj fading evo. ;)

Hahaha... are you kidding me? Thanks buddy! I like ur mbb evo too!

Early December will have some fun in store for me it seems I get to take an outdoor bouldering trip to North Carolina and visit my first brick and mortar denim store.  I have grown so tired of computer screen shopping and internal monologues versus feeling the denim and talking to a staff member.  Pretty stoked for both experiences!

close up..

20131118_174626.jpg

Those thigh contrast are rather intense.  Based on your fit pics, they don't look overly loose in the thigh, which is usually the cause of major creasing and, therefore, contrast there.  Any idea why yours are so creased?  Have you starched or something? (not trying to call you out... haha...) That contrast just looks really intense for natural wear!

Edited by cander49

Those thigh contrast are rather intense.  Based on your fit pics, they don't look overly loose in the thigh, which is usually the cause of major creasing and, therefore, contrast there.  Any idea why yours are so creased?  Have you starched or something? (not trying to call you out... haha...) That contrast just looks really intense for natural wear!

I would think starching and a few other methods.

they are not too tight in the thigh since they are mid rise straight cut  + i go true to size for this jeans..(i need to wear w29-30 to get best fit for this model.).i still have more room at thigh even i tapered this jeans . maybe the indigo help me to make this pair look slim and tight. 

look at the picture when they still new and the whiskers forming progress..

hope these picture help to answer your question.

20130526_170434-1.jpg

20130726_161830-1.jpg20130731_114809.jpg

after 1st washed

20130817_190704-1.jpg

20130817_185459.jpg

20130817_185316.jpg20131107_101400.jpg

20131107_101726.jpg

Edited by mmbj

The other day I took the jeans for a spin to Stockholm and the World Cup play-off game against Portugal. First time seeing our new national stadium Friends Arena. Almost 50 000 crazy Swedes hoping for a miracle and a broken leg or two on Ronaldo early in the game. 

Well, the result turned to shit in the end just like my pictures. Zlatan made us see the shores of Brazil with two goals in 5 minutes but that doesn't really matter when Ronaldo scores another hat-trick. But it sure was an awsome night and I've never heard or felt anything quite like the atmosphere when Zlatan scored the freekick to turn the tides around. 

Sverige-Portugal_zpse86ef149.png

Hey guys! No denim pics this time but here's the Durham light festival!

tumblr_mwn0dvk8p21r19bn4o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwn0dvk8p21r19bn4o9_1280.jpg

Aquarium telephone booth!

tumblr_mwn0dvk8p21r19bn4o8_1280.jpg

Light show on the cathedral

tumblr_mwn0dvk8p21r19bn4o2_1280.jpg

Wedding dress exhibit (they change colours). Was another display inside the cathedral too where there were wisps of light and it was absolutely beautiful but me with my non-existent photog skills couldn't capture.

tumblr_mwn0dvk8p21r19bn4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwn0dvk8p21r19bn4o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwn0dvk8p21r19bn4o4_1280.jpg

Cont'

tumblr_mwn0dvk8p21r19bn4o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwn0kr5RqK1r19bn4o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwn0kr5RqK1r19bn4o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwn0kr5RqK1r19bn4o1_1280.jpg

Had a short day trip to Durham to catch the event. Didn't get any people pics here so my jeans aren't shown either. Quite a pity cause the weather was really great that day compared to the rain I've been having the past few days. My jeans have so little going on compared to all you guys here!

no other methods..

i dont give initial soak for these pair.

just wash...

1st wash

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/144198-heavyweight-denim-championships-2013-2015-official-thread/page-97#entry2978864

2nd wash as per my latest update..

Haha, yeah, I think he's implying pinching.  It's usually next to impossible for jeans to have as contrast in those angled thigh fades as on the upper lap or in the combs without either a) pinching/starching, b ) wearing your jeans kind of baggy, or c) having super skinny legs.  In any case, good work.  All of that ocean wash/starching/waiting forever to wash stuff isn't for me (I just wear my jeans and don't think about them until they get dirty and need to get washed), but to each their own.  It looks like you're wearing them a lot, and that's what really matters!

Edited by cander49

Haha, yeah, I think he's implying pinching. It's usually next to impossible for jeans to have as contrast in those angled thigh fades as on the upper lap or in the combs without either a) pinching/starching, b ) wearing your jeans kind of baggy, or c) having super skinny legs. In any case, good work. All of that ocean wash/starching/waiting forever to wash stuff isn't for me (I just wear my jeans and don't think about them until they get dirty and need to get washed), but to each their own. It looks like you're wearing them a lot, and that's what really matters!

hahah.. I dont know how it happen.i just snap then post.Seriously i dont like the ocean,waterfall wash or something like that.i'm doing just for fun and do something to my jeans. since i wear this to work for a few weeks, it's too dirty because of coal dust.Then,i think everybody have a reason for what they do to their denim.

Edited by mmbj

I pushed my climbing trip to spring.  So now I have to think of a way to get one of these challenges done a different way.