Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Hey all! I've been out of the loop as I've been traveling SE Asia and it's too damn hot for so many ounces of denim :-). I'm on my way home and will be passing through Singapore and HK over the next two weeks. Would love any recommendations for cool shops to check out, or if anybody wants to meet up I'd gladly buy a beer!

Throw A shout out to the Singapore crowd, some of the nicest guys out the reside right there in Singapore. i'm looking at you SaintKeat, James and Johnny of Obbigood, Louis Bosco, Kayodic, Ronaldish and many other top guys and girls who I am sure my early morning brain won't allow me to remember.

I remember reading somewhere during the first hwdc that samurai wouldn't be able to compete with some IH fades. But by the looks of it everyone not wearing samurai will have a hard time competing against the ones that are wearing samurai, haha.

Also not losing site of the fact that the aims of this competition are not.

A) who can fuck their jeans up the fastest

Or

B) who can shed the most indigo the fastest.

Sometimes I worry that gets forgotten, beautiful evolution can be (and arguably should be) very subtle.

Also not losing site of the fact that the aims of this competition are not.

A) who can fuck their jeans up the fastest

Or

B) who can shed the most indigo the fastest.

Sometimes I worry that gets forgotten, beautiful evolution can be (and arguably should be) very subtle.

Amen! I fully agree man, I love some of the high contrast fades but I personally always try to get a more vintage look to my own jeans!

Without wishing to turn this into a mass debate (Maynard where are you?), there are many factors to the type of fade you get. The denim, the cut, the fit, the dye treatment, and the wearers lifestyle.

I would not necessarily say that heavy denim is bad or good for vintage fades, other factors will influence this too much.For the last few years I have worn heavy denim almost exclusively, but the cuts I wear and the lifestyle I lead means that high contrast fades are usually beyond me.

Fading is a complex thing if you think about it too much, but in fact it's a really, really simple thing and it will happen as it happens.

here is my 7months evo for these jeans.quite slow due to rotate with another pair.

Have to remember this is a two year contest, but these look bloody awesome. Excited to see how they turn out after the two year mark.

It's pretty loose and tough to get kicked out dude. But if a person was to vanish for an extended period and suddenly come back with some perfectly evoed denim then it would be investigated.

Things like this operate on trust a lot of the time, for all I know you could all be sat there with sandpaper on your combs.

That's the boat that I'm in right now. I've been dealing with some medical things for the past couple of months which have left me exhausted and expanded the waist by almost 3 inches. Hopefully that'll be changing with a trip to the doctor coming this week. I haven't been able to wear the contest jeans for the past few days with the bloat.

These have got to be the slowest evo jeans I've owned.  I love them.  Also, yes, they are tapered.  The most wear is apparent from the button on the workman wallet.  

xpost from /r/rawdenim

Also wearing Shockoe Denim overshirt, Archival crew, TG workman, wolverine 1000s.

8mgD3Pv.jpg

Edited by drumad

Maybe it is just me but my denim is being pretty stubborn.  They are the best jeans to date I have owned but I do wish the jeans would gratify me a little more for my time in them at this point. :P