Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

I got a picture with Toby Morse from H2O while wearing my Beatle Busters, was a fucking awesome day!  I soaked my jeans to get all the show sweat and venue smell off of them will post pictures soon.

HWDC Challenges - Round 4

​1) Scary Denim - As Halloween is almost upon us, show how terrifying you can be in your jawns with a truly shocking denim pic. Don't be shy on the blood and gore.

10680667133_f37e6cedd5_z_d.jpg

Yummy! Happiness is a large gut pile!

Been a while but here's my update! 

Sorry fellas been crazy busy with Dry vs Dry 2013 and prepping for the Pronto Denim Carnival. Not going to upload all the photos here but here's some of the highlights!

My booth with built in translator heh.

Kwan.jpg

Recognize that tall good looking fella behind? It's Kyle Robinson aka Cold Summer! He's working with The Flat Head now if some of you didn't know.

15-15.jpg

Since probably half the contestants here are sporting Iron Heart. This felt necessary.

4-4.jpg

The rest of the pics and the write up are in my article up on HOF. 

Everyone else is really looking good in this contest, I seem pretty far behind at this point =(

During some pleasant longboard in sub-90 Fahrenheit (it was till around 80 with over 80% humidity, hence the tank top) longboarding I finally got some pictures taken.  I love the season coming up I just hope I can capture it well when it finally reaches Florida (if it does)

Cross post:

Fuck it, we are taking pictures right here.

IMG_0277.jpg

1! 2! 3!

IMG_0275.jpg

"Show me your butt."

IMG_0274.jpg

The last one sadly doesn't have any antics to go with it.

IMG_0273.jpg

What up champs. Been awhile since I've posted, or even been on sufu - had a pretty intense internship this summer that unfortunately was in a no-jawns-allowed workplace, and the 6 hours/day not spent in the office were spent either sleeping or training for hockey. By the time the summer was done and I could wear jeans again, I'd put on a bit more muscle in the legs and my MBBs no longer fit. I'm hoping to get back in them once my hockey career is done and my legs return to normal size, but for this contest, I needed new jeans. Luckily the family was headed to San Francisco for a vacation, and I got to make my first pilgrimage to SESF, where Kiya helped me pick out a pair of 301s, sized up a couple. I also blew a good chunk of my summer savings on some other swag:

IMG_1023_zps519f5f8f.jpg

I know I'm way late, but I've got some challenge pics I figured I'd share anyway:

Challenge 1: Denim Devil - Mom wanted a nice family pic, this is what I organized with my sisters:

IMG_0944_zpsb1638d2d.jpg

Challenge 2: Make you famous - Hit Bender's for some boozing and live punk music with my dad, and guess who I ran into:

IMG_0917_zps836538b3.jpg

The Great Outdoors - Went on a hike through the redwoods with my family:

IMG_0934_zpscee3584d.jpgIMG_0930_zps675ff595.jpg

IMG_0929_zpsa07e90b9.jpg

Cont. next post:

Challenge 3: Heavyweight Drinking - Unfortunately I don't have photo evidence of every drink, but the night we went to Bender's was a bit of a bender for my dad and I, and I can assure you we each put down more than 10 drinks..

My mom, dad, and I went for pre-dinner drinks at Kronnerburger, a pop-up restaurant:

IMG_0938_zps42e34507.jpg

Got pretty drunk there on margeritas:

IMG_0940_zps2fcf32a9.jpg[/url]

IMG_0941_zpsb4c3eb58.jpg

In addition to some bourbon picklebacks and some house special that was hot as fuck and designed to be washed down by shotgunning a Tecate..

Went to dinner as a family, had some whiskey:

IMG_0942_zpsceb1e8f2.jpg

Then hit Bender's for some more bourbon and of course a few Plinys. That's where we ran into Kiya, who invited us to his table with his friends and told us all about the origins of Self Edge, which was a cool story I half remember.. Here's the outtakes from the picture we took:

IMG_0916_zpsd25c4879.jpgIMG_0915_zpse58611fa.jpg

Don't remember taking this at the end of the night, but it appears to be an elevator selfie:

IMG_0918_zps932b0e83.jpg

So that's what my denim's been up to the past couple months. I'll be fully participating moving forward, and I'm already working on challenge 4. Current evo status pics coming in the next post:

My jeans have a date with the tailor today after work.  My Flatheads crotch is going to blowout and will do a reinforcement/repair before it gets any worse.  I'm just wondering and fun to see if any of you guys have had any repairs (major/minor) done yet?

Edited by Chubacca

I had to repair my pocket bag so far that has been it, the chainstich on the inseam broke where I cuff at but it doesn't seem to be unraveling so I am leaving it alone.  I should probably ride my jeans harder.

Hey all! I've been out of the loop as I've been traveling SE Asia and it's too damn hot for so many ounces of denim :-). I'm on my way home and will be passing through Singapore and HK over the next two weeks. Would love any recommendations for cool shops to check out, or if anybody wants to meet up I'd gladly buy a beer!