Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

That pair looks amazing...I wish I could wear my jeans enough to get anywhere near as much character.

On the plus side, with our new home came new appliances, and I now have a front loading washer. I needed to wash my jeans, as they were covered in so much dust and grime from cleaning out our pole barn that brushing them off wasn't an option. I'm all for wearing as long as possible, but I don't want my jeans to take on a homeless look. I gave them a wash, and this machine really does mean delicate when you pick that cycle. My fades lightened slightly, but I didn't lose much indigo, overall. Oh, and all the nastiness came out.

Your pair is sick and by far my favorite so far. i'd bet on you to win this, even if you stopped wearing them. Regarding your question: Maybe it's possible to remove the pocket only at the bottom, so the hidden rivets stay in place. I'd look for a real skilled tailor that understands a bit about these jeans.

Thanks Max!  I think some of others are definitely better, but I guess we'll see!  And yeah, actually, just having someone unstitch the bottom might work.  I have a good local tailor that will take on more annoying projects and do a good job.  He'll probably charge a fairly high amount, but it's worth it.  I'll try to get on that ASAP so I don't make it really bad.

That pair looks amazing...I wish I could wear my jeans enough to get anywhere near as much character.

On the plus side, with our new home came new appliances, and I now have a front loading washer. I needed to wash my jeans, as they were covered in so much dust and grime from cleaning out our pole barn that brushing them off wasn't an option. I'm all for wearing as long as possible, but I don't want my jeans to take on a homeless look. I gave them a wash, and this machine really does mean delicate when you pick that cycle. My fades lightened slightly, but I didn't lose much indigo, overall. Oh, and all the nastiness came out.

Thanks!  I've worn them basically everyday, with only 2 or 3 exceptions since the start of the competition.  It'll be interesting to see what's left after 2 years...  Speaking of that, having a delicate wash is super useful and there's no shame in washing your jeans.  My last pair of jeans (PBJ 13s) got pretty trashed after only a year or so thanks to a crappy washer.  At one point, I put them in, took them out, and the yoke, which wasn't even thin previously, had a massive tear in it.  What a joke...  I'm definitely not repeating that mistake again.

Edited by cander49

Naked And Famous Big Slub denim. I have had these on my body for 2 seconds and 7 months. This is a forced second machine wash.

5 days ago a car battery exploded about 3 feet from my face. About 3 days after the incident I noticed some small holes in my jeans. My ears are still ringing from that blast. I know what my name is. 

tumblr_mvgc5wdO7Y1qjzppxo2_1280.pngtumblr_mvgc5wdO7Y1qjzppxo3_1280.jpgtumblr_mvgc5wdO7Y1qjzppxo1_1280.jpg

Yikes Mister! You're really lucky all you got were some holes in your jeans! A friend of mine was messing around with a battery when we were young and he nearly lost his eye. He was a pirate for 3 months. YAAR!

Yeah I was very lucky. My face was right in it and nothing got on my face. Loud as hell! 

Been busy as hell with university. Exams on Monday.

Looks like I've missed challenge 3. Sorry for the lack of updates guys!

Well uh, quick update for Halloween where I was supposed to be a cowboy. Took off the hat and scarf as it was quite warm inside.

tumblr_mvjoyjDfPn1rfl02wo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mvjp37n2FG1rfl02wo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mvjp3slWqg1rfl02wo1_500.jpg

Not really a picture person myself, and I realize the jeans can't really be seen..

Hey guys. I've been out of the loop for a while. Not really a fan of the heavy denim during the summer and just got the samurais back on my legs last month. I'll try to throw up some evo pics this weekend and post some more updates over the winter. Everyone's jeans are looking nice. 

Thanks!  I've worn them basically everyday, with only 2 or 3 exceptions since the start of the competition.  It'll be interesting to see what's left after 2 years...  Speaking of that, having a delicate wash is super useful and there's no shame in washing your jeans.  

First of all, congrats on a beautiful pair of jeans.  May I ask what your wash schedule was like?  Did you hold off washing for a few months before washing more often, or did you wash them regularly from early on?  Beautiful results in such a short time and another  example of how washing can bring out the beautiful texture of a quality denim.

Not quite as nice of photos as those above, but I was riding my bike to campus today and figured I'd take some pics on my way back for this challenge.

National Basilica (front) I see approaching campus

MSLe9jq.jpg

National Basilica (back) I see when leaving campus

Sg5habU.jpg

US Capitol Building

3ODuRGi.jpg

One of the older Smithsonian buildings across the national mall

fhWgMU8.jpg

The Washington Monument, still covered in scaffolding for repairs following last year's earthquake

cj6lohb.jpg

The Jefferson Memorial across the tidal basin

g0xuClg.jpg

The back of the Jefferson Memorial, since I ride right around it

mmyVyD9.jpg

Enjoy the fall, everyone!