Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Great to see you guys yesterday Gav.
A nice change to actually talk face to face.

The Best of Britannia was a good event too. Well worth visiting again if it's on next year.
Fingers crossed I'll be able to buy one of those cheap sports cars next time ;)

As promised I'll update some MBB pic ASAP.

Edit: some ephemera from yesterday, including a Harris tweed sample in unusual blues for a tweed.

Li91gBl.png

Edited by UkeNo

HC-SF-21 Checking in for challenge number 3.

As it was a long weekend here in Sydney my wife and our 14mth old daughter went on a short road trip to visit some family who live a little ways south.

Their house is located just off the coast in Austinmer, and backs onto a vast expanse of bushland. Just north of where we stayed is a fairly large national park so heading back into Sydney we took the scenic route. We didn't really get much of a chance to get out & look around (travelling with a youngster can be tricky) but the drive through the park was pretty beautiful, and from certain points you can actually see the Sydney skyline off in the distance.

10130983944_9b8552773f_c.jpg

10131134613_9f3edd9b88_c.jpg

10131007725_6a8399d1b5_c.jpg

10130944294_75ed8ca335_c.jpg

10131092186_2acd406138_c.jpg

10131158283_db235bac72_c.jpg
spot the cat?

10131103526_3fba8b7121_c.jpg
storytime

10131041515_8d84973863_c.jpg
view from the balcony

10131179843_35a38bf4af_c.jpg
our luggage - some awesome vintage leather bags we picked up a long time ago in Argentina

10131050125_db2e7700c3_c.jpg
heading through the national park

not a massive trip by any stretch, and not great shots either, but is good to get out of town if only for a small amount of time.

Finally took some long overdue update pics today. Unfortunately these aren't fading as quickly as I'd hoped (2-3 days per week doesn't create much in the way of dramatic fades, who knew ;) ). Nonetheless:

null_zpsdd82d237.jpg

null_zpsd9bfd7c0.jpg

null_zps86a78dea.jpg

These will actually be seeing some rare physical work over the next week or so, after which they'll see another wash, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I may see some results.

it's not actually that far in distance but it's all narrow lanes and windy roads, hair-pin bends etc so it can be quite tiring. but the roads that wind up over the hills are just awesome. my favourite is Macquarie Pass further towards Bowral, as you just ascend very quickly into fog & cloud and lush forest and then descend just as quick - unless you get caught behind a truck and in that case you're screwed for a while.

You have a beautiful family Okisan!

I broke down this weekend and soaked my MBB's.  A day of leaf blowing with 2 stroke fumes made them smell like a small engine repair shop.  On top of that was parfume du man sweat.   Took some pics before a hot water soak (dropper full of woolite, full water with slight agitation for 2 minutes).

Pics prior to soak

IMG_2213_zps0844bca9.jpg

IMG_2211_zps34c64c39.jpg

IMG_2210_zps576ae7ef.jpg

IMG_2209_zps5af09f26.jpg

IMG_2208_zps022ef7c5.jpg

IMG_2207_zps4e7bd53f.jpg

Then the post soak inside out stand by themselves pic

IMG_2214_zps2b7cc793.jpg

I tried editing the first pic to show the contrast but ended up making the denim seem lighter than it really is.  Got frustrated and quit.  Sorry about the quality of pics.  Down in our laundry room, florescent lighting and iPhone camera.

it's not actually that far in distance but it's all narrow lanes and windy roads, hair-pin bends etc so it can be quite tiring. but the roads that wind up over the hills are just awesome. my favourite is Macquarie Pass further towards Bowral, as you just ascend very quickly into fog & cloud and lush forest and then descend just as quick - unless you get caught behind a truck and in that case you're screwed for a while.

oh definitely, behind a trailer and such. there was one uphill straight stretch from syd to brizzie and i got caught behind not one but 3 and had to make the decision to overtake it.

Just recovered from chicken pox. Didn't wear this pair for quite some time.

Anyway, just want to share the fit after several months. 

ByBeatle Vol 1

3 months effective wears ( I might be wrong on this since i kinda lost the count when recovering from chicken pox)

hq3x.JPG

mf41.JPG

^A common problem in Sweden. Isn't real beer only available at systembolaget?

Yes! Systembolaget got monopoly on all things alcohol here...

Fall finally came to Florida, it dropped down to 63F (17C) today! Yay fall, I want it to keep getting colder and colder here.  It will be a good 2 seasons for my jeans if it is actually cooler here.

You can always layer up, you can only strip so far before the police get involved.  That's the optimistic way of looking at cold weather that I believe in.