Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

So here's my entry in the "Road Trip" category.  Today I spent a lot of time in the car.  I started out before dawn, so I could be in Jourdanton, TX at 9 am.
IMG_3669_zpsa70bb6a7.jpg
After an hour and $3 in copies, I was done.

Since I live in Houston, I don't see cacti very often, but around this part of Texas, they're more common.  It appears that they're in some sort of growth phase currently.
IMG_3672_zps4b6e8b10.jpg
Kinda cool looking.

While I was standing on the side of the road taking pictures, I noticed this cute little fella.
IMG_3674_zps3153cd3c.jpg

Then I rolled up to Austin to run a quick errand.  15 minutes in an anonymous office park and I had this guy hitching a ride in the back seat.
IMG_3678_zps2b6932fc.jpg

By that time, I was ready for lunch, so I drove down to my favorite barbecue place in Texas, City Market in Luling.
IMG_2951_zpscfaa3c87.jpg

What says "road trip" more than Red Bull and beef jerky?
IMG_3676_zpsc83954af.jpg

And after that, it was back on the road and home to Houston.  All told, a bit over 500 miles and a bit over 8 hours in the car.  Fun times.
roadtrip_zps7fbeedc8.png
Edited by HoustonChris

Toro's bike is just too badass.  500 miles is too many also, that would have required a second Red bull.

I have a quick question, is there any functionality differences between Button and Zip fly.  I know the zipper can break but button holes can rip so I was wondering if it is just preference to the maker or if it serves a purpose I am unaware of.

I do love Buc-ee's.

I went to Franklin once and got to hold the "Last Man Standing" sign.  The brisket was great, the sausage was ok, and the wait was, though short by Franklin standards, too long for either.  I've been to both Kreutz Market and Black's in Lockhart, which are excellent, but I still prefer Luling's City Market.

Interesting, I haven't heard of Luling's City Market before.

I remember back in the day Franklin had hardly any wait, those were the good days.

Black's is pretty good, never been to Kreutz but I've heard good things.

Might have to make a day trip out to Luling sometime!