Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that I´m still around… Again, it´s been quite a while since I posted some pictures of my 634 S, and I felt I had to show how they´ve turned out so far. No wash yet - I´m trying to go at least 8 months before shoving them in the washer.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

As always, I´ll try to submit more regularly in the future… ;-)

Looks promising (and good to see a proof of life).

Thanks! I´m in love with the denim, it feels really good, and it is still kind of sturdy but yet smooth. And yeah, I´ve got a lot of stuff on my plate at the moment, but then, I always do…  :(

Do you have details regarding the belt and maybe another picture? Thanks

Sure thing! This is the Joe Hill, a project-belt that was brought in existence by mikecch. It is now approximately 2,5 years old. I wear it every day and have oiled it maybe 3 or 4 times by now. It is completely handcrafted, including the damast-buckle.

As far as I know there are not more than 25 in existence, mine is number 12, as you can see on the pictures. More details about the production process can be read here: 

http://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/2011/02/20/the-joe-hill-belt-project-part-1-with-scott-willis-a-k-a-unlucky/

http://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/2011/02/20/the-joe-hill-belt-project-part-2/

and also here on SuFu, of course: http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/21890-belts/page-60

And now for the pictures:

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

(thickness compared to a 1€-Coin)

Edited by dingo

Been a while since I last posted pictures.  Since I had to wash them yesterday, (Potty training can be a bumpy road sometimes.  Let's just leave it at that.) now seemed like a good time to rectify the issue.

So, here are my SDA Xs-33 with right around five months of wear.  Unsurprisingly for those who know me, they look very much like they did when new...

IMG_3644_zps0d3f586f.jpg

IMG_3651_zps6f555ba1.jpg

To answer one of the frequent questions about this denim- yes, the neps eventually wear away.  When they do, the denim looks reasonably smooth, but starts to show signs of falling fades.  I anticipate beautiful things with this pair; maybe even before the contest ends.

IMG_3647_zps30d5536c.jpg

I'm not worried about wrecking them. Was just going to see how long I could go after the first soak before I desperately needed to wash or soak them. Sort of influenced in part by Ruedi and how he doesn't let his jeans touch water. Thought it would be fun to try is all.

Sort of influenced in part by Ruedi and how he doesn't let his jeans touch water. Thought it would be fun to try is all.

Yeah, Ruedi is one crazy bastard. I'm stoked to see what he's gonna do with the pair of Indigofera that I sold him.

Either way I'm looking forward to seeing how your 32oz:ers look by now. How much have the softened up?

Yeah, Ruedi is one crazy bastard. I'm stoked to see what he's gonna do with the pair of Indigofera that I sold him.

Either way I'm looking forward to seeing how your 32oz:ers look by now. How much have the softened up?

I'm in the 25oz MBB's.  I think they look great.  The increased contrast of the extremely dark denim with the faded areas is really interesting.  The Denim has a ton of character.  I will have to just save the photos from my iPhone to my hard drive and upload them that way. 

I'm in the 25oz MBB's.  I think they look great.  The increased contrast of the extremely dark denim with the faded areas is really interesting.  The Denim has a ton of character.  I will have to just save the photos from my iPhone to my hard drive and upload them that way. 

Ah shit, my bad. Tricked by your sharing of capital letter with Netleyhunter.

The MBB's really seem to come along nicely for alot of you guys. 

What you can do is to save your photos in Dropbox's app. Since it's a cloudservice you can get ahold of it on any computer anytime you want and don't have to think about uploading photos. It's really smooth. Of course any cloudservice would suffice.

So I just ended up putting the pics on my computer

Some Evo on the MBB's

IMG_2153_zps40910e6c.jpg

IMG_2152_zps6ea3fe93.jpg

IMG_2151_zps32508642.jpg

IMG_2150_zpsfc9c9a82.jpg

You may ask "why are the pictures upside down?"... I have no idea.  I edited these four times to get the orientation right and they still came out this way.  Have decided to stop using the iPhone for photos.

Been a while since I last posted pictures.  Since I had to wash them yesterday, (Potty training can be a bumpy road sometimes.  Let's just leave it at that.) now seemed like a good time to rectify the issue.

So, here are my SDA Xs-33 with right around five months of wear.  Unsurprisingly for those who know me, they look very much like they did when new...

To answer one of the frequent questions about this denim- yes, the neps eventually wear away.  When they do, the denim looks reasonably smooth, but starts to show signs of falling fades.  I anticipate beautiful things with this pair; maybe even before the contest ends.

Thanks for the update! These were the most interesting pair of jeans I wanted to see evo from this contest.  From what I'm seeing, it looks like this pair and other SDA jeans are stubborn on fading....