Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Hey all! I have been stupid busy recently. Woking 75+ hours a week in Hot and Humid New Jersey all summer. Just moved to San Fran for school on monday. Looking for a place to live, and currently stuck in a hostel. Wish I could have posted some more pictures, but just haven't worn my jeans since beginning of the summer. Did bring them to San Fran so I will wear them tomorrow and try to get a couple pics up for you all! 

I guess I fail challenge 2 :( I was biking to and from three different jobs all summer but uniforms meant no jeans and only black pants or khaki shorts. Damn food service jobs...

Cheers!

So I was stuck behind some road work the other day and noticed the sun was shining right on my crotch.  The color was almost perfect so I took a couple of shots.  Sorry again that they are crotch shots.

50898E04-4ECA-461D-8A8A-5C91854FF834-855

Another photo of me and a Golden Eagle

5492A5F6-0DA7-4E7D-99B5-FEF7036F5343-855

And another Crotch shot

875AA284-9EAD-4DD3-A854-AD81FAE764F0-855

HC-SF-103 Samurai S5000vx 25oz 25th anniv

One month update and of course not much of a progress. Denim becoming softer and a beginning of a fade can be seen only in the sunlight. (The little one wanted to be in on the picture as well)

31ef07ce-4677-4205-8d95-3373508c89fe_zps

79b663fa-eb09-4be8-8e58-86ec5bfa83dd_zps

866e6afb-77dd-4422-bb54-d8dd8808995e_zps

Not much of an update, but the jeans hit 4 months and I figured I'd put up my entry for the challenge.  It's a little different than most others for the transportation...

In any case, 4 months in:

OlHlhkC.jpg

z7CgwAs.jpg

5aQ0cT9.jpg

hUmEvV7.jpg

and my bike:

jQyLscm.jpg

I had my first commute in the rain yesterday, which was fun.  As a result, I'll be putting on a front fender soon to stop the spray.

I take the time to take photos, edit them, make them interesting. Just so I can post them here on this forum. I contribute, I try to be part of an interesting group, and I barely get any response.  ?

Edited by mister56

Dude, it's a really cool pic but if you're just doing this for virtual high fives then you're in for a world of disappointment.

This is a denim forum man, we like interesting denim, great stories, cool location and yes....great pics. Some days the high fives will come your way, other days they won't, complaining about it openly will probably mean that you get more days when they don't.

Dude, it's a really cool pic but if you're just doing this for virtual high fives then you're in for a world of disappointment.

This is a denim forum man, we like interesting denim, great stories, cool location and yes....great pics. Some days the high fives will come your way, other days they won't, complaining about it openly will probably mean that you get more days when they don't.

Cool.

In other news I am stoked that fall is right around the corner so i can really drive my pair of denim into the ground and give them all the love they deserve.

I take the time to take photos, edit them, make them interesting. Just so I can post them here on this forum. I contribute, I try to be part of an interesting group, and I barely get any response.  ?

I bet one of the reasons is because of how you acted prior and kind of lashed out at others.

How old are you? Seriously.

Are you really that obsessed with Internet high fives. And I second the above writers as well...

How old are you? Seriously.

Are you really that obsessed with Internet high fives. And I second the above writers as well...

This is what I said "I take the time to take photos, edit them, make them interesting. Just so I can post them here on this forum. I contribute, I try to be part of an interesting group, and I barely get any response.  ?".

Putting words in my mouth is not cool.

If you would have read my post, instead of just responding to it, you would have understood that I'm not look for rep points. What are rep points anyway, 

a wet dream for lonely dorks.Might be.

My point is this, this is a forum, and people usually have conversations, or remarks, dialogue, interaction. When I post something it's like speaking to a closet full of old clothes. I write a post then I get "Why you gotta use big fonts and colors, It bothers me, your yelling".

Then I make a joke about my mother having cancer, and I get "I knew someone that had cancer, I'm offended". Really. Some of you are grannies trapped in a pre-pubescent-only child syndrome body. Then wrapped in new denim. 

We all knew someone that had cancer so the f*☭k what. All I get from most of you people is crap. Next, I ask why nobody responds to me,  then I get more crap.

Denim is about adventure, cowboys, freedom, rock-n-roll, creativity. I don't see that here. This contest is filled with everything but that. 

This has been a bad experience from the start. 

Yeh anyway......

I'm going to be away on a family break for a few days, so probably won't be around much this week. Still feel free to message me with any questions, and if I can answer/ help then I will.

Well, you did not start the experience to well...

Are you yelling in the last sentence? I'm curious since you're using big fonts...and do you have anymore fonts that you can use? Cause I think it's really cool! And extremely creative...

@mister56 - the only thing that's making this remotely a bad experience is your outbursts. i'm not trying to provoke you but everytime you respond to somebody you lose your cool and end up giving people crap - you're now calling us lonely/dorks/boring/grannies/pre-pubescent. given your behaviour earlier in the contest some people's comments on this page weren't entirely uncalled for. if you don't like it on here then don't post, and that way you won't have to complain about not getting responses from people you don't like anyway.

just trying to apply some logic.

Edited by okisan

mister56, on 25 Aug 2013 - 9:41 PM, said:

This is what I said "I take the time to take photos, edit them, make them interesting. Just so I can post them here on this forum. I contribute, I try to be part of an interesting group, and I barely get any response. ?".

Putting words in my mouth is not cool.

If you would have read my post, instead of just responding to it, you would have understood that I'm not look for rep points. What are rep points anyway,

a wet dream for lonely dorks.Might be.

My point is this, this is a forum, and people usually have conversations, or remarks, dialogue, interaction. When I post something it's like speaking to a closet full of old clothes. I write a post then I get "Why you gotta use big fonts and colors, It bothers me, your yelling".

Then I make a joke about my mother having cancer, and I get "I knew someone that had cancer, I'm offended". Really. Some of you are grannies trapped in a pre-pubescent-only child syndrome body. Then wrapped in new denim.

We all knew someone that had cancer so the f*☭k what. All I get from most of you people is crap. Next, I ask why nobody responds to me, then I get more crap.

Denim is about adventure, cowboys, freedom, rock-n-roll, creativity. I don't see that here. This contest is filled with everything but that.

This has been a bad experience from the start.

Look at it this way, people have their own opinions on things and express them as such. Some weren't very comfortable with your big fonts because it appears as if you're raising your voice. Just as how now you are expressing your views on how some people here act in response to your posts. You want people to be sensitive in how they respond to you, but you make inappropriate references and expect others to laugh it off.

People will respond to posts that they relate to, or have something to ask/talk about. I think you rather get no response than a negative one. Personally, I don't enjoy all the editing you do on your pictures though they do make them more interesting. I have nothing much to say about most of the posts here hence I don't comment. Rep in this thread (for me at least) is kind of like liking a post on tumblr/fb rather than commenting. Your post about people not giving you response is generally interpreted as some passive-aggressive attention seeking post, hence the reply(albeit blunt/harsh) SwedeAlex gave.

If you really want discussion to occur, you could try asking about people's opinions on your updates/denim/happenings or on theirs. Waiting for someone to initiate the conversation may not be the best option here as I think you've scared quite a few people off with your rants.

The experience is what you make of it. For me, it's been pretty cool seeing all the different types of denim that I probably won't ever wear and the little insight into people's lives that you get from the updates here and there. The challenges imo are to sort of get you moving and doing things to add to any updates you might already post; that's how it's working for me at least as I'm not really enjoying the heavyweight denim in the Singapore's humidity.

On topic: Yes I think your seat area looks a bit weird as it looks like the jeans are riding up.

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I'll be heading to the UK soon to study so with the cooler weather there hopefully you'll see more updates(what are your jeans doing today style) from me!

I am in the same boat as Hog, I accepted that I am too lazy and incompetent to learn that kind of software.

... I'm still using 'paint' for any <ahem> artistic work so that portrays my level of software ability with image software. Have been meaning to work out how exactly to use gimp but whenever I open the application I end up shutting it down again in resignation.

It makes me feel good to know that I'm not the only one. :)

well its almost the end of summer and its time clean my jeans before i go back to school. i didnt wear them all that much this summer, it was just too hot. but they have had a couple weeks of weeks of wear to work and been on a few bike rides. i dont even know how long its been, but with 24 months to wear who cares.

some pictures pre-soak:

9610464198_4367317542_z.jpg

9610467114_59fc363644_z.jpg

9607230573_a5c159e57b_z.jpg

9610466116_610e25025f_z.jpg

9607232801_dbdfed41b4_z.jpg

9610467776_aea429209d_z.jpg

9607236047_f1370336e8_z.jpg