Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

[...] I noticed quite a few people own Nudie jean jackets is their a particular reason you own them?

For me it was because (1) being swedish I thought it was fun to purchase a raw denimjacket from a swedish brand and (2) I got it cheap from a store where I used to work.

I've seen jackets with more interesting denim and a better construction but it's a nice jacket, fits great and I like the arcurate stitching on the back so it does the job for me. 

HWDC UK meet on September 28th in Nottingham, the home of Robin Hood.

I will post details of accommodation and travel this weekend, please drop me a PM if you intend to come, or if I can help you out in any way with travel arrangements.

Oh, and btw - I still vote for goruck to be held in San Francisco. Way cooler in terms of nature and everyone on the east coast would happily catch a flight just to sit in Valencia park and hang ... Please correct me if I'm wrong, come on guys ...

Sports Challenge: One of my hobbies is rolling around with grown men (and a few brave women) in our pajamas.

h1hc.jpg

The best way to fade jeans is by rubbing them on other people!

56lk.jpg

A little move I invented called the "push me, pull me"... beautiful harmony!

h5hl.jpg

I can stay here all day!

Edited by hemi

Oh, and btw - I still vote for goruck to be held in San Francisco. Way cooler in terms of nature and everyone on the east coast would happily catch a flight just to sit in Valencia park and hang ... Please correct me if I'm wrong, come on guys ...

is there a final date yet beats?...

I seriously don't know Finn , looks like mega is going bonkers in Nottingham, must be all those burgers ...lol ...I thought it was going to be Easter 2014 but I think that's not the case anymore ...

Ps ... I love you mega

Love you too B xx

Mega examined costs, an discovered a couple of things.

1) We would need a custom Goruck challenge, to make it cost effective we would need around 30 competitors. I'm not convinced we would get that.

2) Around twice as many competitors near the East Coast as the West.

3) For anyone travelling from Europe (me and Beatle) it costs about twice as much to get to SF, and find decent accommodation as it does NY.

4) I'd prefer pizza and beers to running around in my jawns carrying logs.....to old for that shit.

Side note: If we went to Tokyo is would be seriously cheap, much cheaper than NY even.

I haven't been able to wear my competition jeans as much as they deserve lately, first and foremost because I've - ahem - put on a little weight. My thighs are, as usual, my achilles heel, but this time it's not the upper half that's giving me grief, it's the area right over the knee.

After I first machine-washed my Samurais, my experience was that they softened up more than they shrank and thus stretched out more nicely, so I decided to try this approach with the Steel Feathers as well. Not only did it work, they also shrank three whole inches in the inseam and solved my should I or shouldn't I hem-dilemma.

Now, if only the warm weather would pass (no, not really!) so that I could wear them more.   

I would love to do a meet in Tokyo, but as we only have one competitor in Japan i would seem a little pointless without some serious interest from other competitors.

I have created a poll on the IH forum (http://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5068.msg276667#new)

, if you're not a member there please state your destination preference in this thread.

The choices are....

San Francisco

New York

Tokyo

Edited by Megatron1505

I haven't been able to wear my competition jeans as much as they deserve lately, first and foremost because I've - ahem - put on a little weight. My thighs are, as usual, my achilles heel, but this time it's not the upper half that's giving me grief, it's the area right over the knee.

After I first machine-washed my Samurais, my experience was that they softened up more than they shrank and thus stretched out more nicely, so I decided to try this approach with the Steel Feathers as well. Not only did it work, they also shrank three whole inches in the inseam and solved my should I or shouldn't I hem-dilemma.

Now, if only the warm weather would pass (no, not really!) so that I could wear them more.   

Is it really that hot in Oslo? Stockholm has great weather too though, but i'm staying in there!

HCSF04.

PBJ 007 24OZ. 3MONTHS IN JUST WASHED. 

Damn, that PBJ-denim looks so great in these early stages.

I have created a poll on the IH forum (http://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5068.msg276667#new)

, if you're not a member there please state your destination preference in this thread.

The choices are....

San Francisco

New York

Tokyo

San Francisco, I have wanted to see the opposite coast for quite some time now.  The beach, the food, it is where my Dad grew up and I have wanted to see some of what shaped him as well.

My personal thoughts are....

Tokyo would be the dream for Denim Heads, and cheapest to get to of the three for me.

New York is a great party city, and is definitely doable.

San Francisco I love, but the price has rocketed so much that there is no way I would be able to afford to bring my family, which would probably mean that I could not attend, but the meet does not require me to be there so whatever the majority decides is how it will go down.

i guess which ever location we gonna decide.. hope to make it as early as possible.. so people can make travel plans.. take advatage of early birds and flight promotions..

what i hope of doing actually..

and im gonna vote for japan..

Is it really that hot in Oslo? Stockholm has great weather too though, but i'm staying in there!

It's nice and warm at the moment, but not too hot for jeans by any means. It's just that I loooove wearing shorts in summer. The freedom!

Edited by mandel9000