Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

HC-SF-104
Naked And Famous Big Slub

98 days

tumblr_mpn00sRMT71qjzppxo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_mpn00sRMT71qjzppxo4_1280.jpgtumblr_mpn00sRMT71qjzppxo6_1280.jpg

This first shot is a HDR (High-dynamic-range) shot. I was curious to see what HDR would do to denim. With so much variation in the threads of these Big Slub jeans, HDR seemed like to would really exaggerate the threads more. What do you think? Have a nice dave.

Impressing pics showing real strong texture on your hdr pics

I like California so i got to travel to the west coast and find some hills to skate, family to visit, beaches to chill at

^^^ great pictures! Where are the likes? Does anybody read this thread? The same picture in the OOE or Devis competition would have 15+ likes already...

Thanks, Max Power!

Hopefully things turn around with that little kick up our asses. Wouldn't be surprised if some more appreciation led to more frequent updates.

Anyway, I especially enjoy seeing all the challenge entries dropping in. It definitely is a great addition! 

After a month of vacation I'm picking up my Steel Feathers the day after tomorrow. Updates to come.

I think we are entering the inevitable lull in the competition. I expect we will lose quite a few competitors over the next few months, which is fine, it's natural, it happens, and this is a 2 year contest.

I think competitions which are brand specific do attract more interest from fans of the brand, and people who are curious. Sometimes the none specific nature of this contest puts people off, or makes people complacent.

yep, I think this is the right explanation from Gav. Smaller, one-brand contests are more familial and giving it another charm.

Think of it like a small, private concert of your favorite band. Or on the other hand your favorite band at a festival along many many other bands. I think most would more fond memories of the small concert.

I joined this competition for extra incentive to try out iron heart, and it gives you a good look at what some of the other brands have to offer, I get to see some new brands and weights i havent seen before. 

Beautiful freak

Those who went to Woodstock '69 would beg to differ.  :ph34r:  Festivals do have their own charm. And so does multi brands competition.

When someone go to festivals, they have the opportunity to discover some amazing new bands who often only play on a little stage. 

I think the same goes with this competition. 

I just think, that people commit more to a small contest where everybody knows each other. Maybe it's peer pressure or that the old well known posters are active in these threads, maybe it's just that the starting euphoria has gone.

Anyway, i just wanted to encourage the lurkers to show some more appreciation and activity by posting or repping to give the posters some nice feedback on the good work that was to be seen here lately. See it as a relationship - once the butterflies have gone, it changes, but can get better when you work on it. (In case this came out to cheesy: Post or Rep for fuck's sake!)

Edited by Max Power

ByBeatle Volume One ( One week )

Just realized I haven't posted these here yet. 

At first i wanted to go with stack but then choose single cuff instead.

Really like the fit at the moment. Hopefully i won't gain much weight in 2 years. I'm afraid my waist won't be able to handle it.

82y7.jpg

anyf.jpg

Edited by masamune

I have an idea for the next challenge. My thinking goes like this; the leather patch is made from animal hide and humans have hides as well. Humans decorate their hide with tattoos, piercings, and some fraternities are into branding their brothers with hot irons.

So why don't why we have a challenge that involves these types of modifications on our jeans leather patch?

What do you all think about this great idea?

tumblr_mpoeamJHCz1qjzppxo1_1280.jpg

Do you have any openings?

precision_body_arts_tattoo_12.jpg

Edited by mister56

I'd flunk out of that challenge in a heart beat. I'm pure vanilla unmarked canvas baby. Going to stay that way for a while.

No No No. I'm talking about the leather patch on your jeans. No skin in this game.

I don't have a patch  :(

But I love the idea of challenge's coming from the contestants......lets hear some more ideas  :D

just thought I would add my $0.02 on the rep and posting.  I will be the first to admit that I am definately slacking on the posting.  Work, Work, Life etc have interfered and as a result my recreational activities have taken a back seat. 

Just coming from the AW contest I was really excited to have such a large number of people participating because it got quite tiring in the aw contest to consistently see the same few contestants constantly trying to keep the thread active and relevant.  So Kudos to those that consistently post.  I will be there in a few weeks once all this shite weather goes away and we are back to our glorious Canadian winters.  Never thought I would be hoping for snow but i'm sick of rain and severe hail.

As far as rep goes.  I try to give love whenever I can. 

I don't have a patch  :(

But I love the idea of challenge's coming from the contestants......lets hear some more ideas  :D

Well That's ok you could make one. It still fits the overall idea. Just a thought.

Well - here you are Max Power! A veritable lurker, non-contest member. I've been following along and turning things green for some time, mostly because I got my SE05BSP's a few months before the contest (obviously didn't know it was happening) and couldn't afford to drop more money on a new pair so soon. But I'm firmly in the camp of "holy shit those ByBeatle jeans must be my next pair," and watching them fade along has been really awesome so far. Keep keepin' on! 

You're in charge, but SF would be cooler.

That said, I'll be there, regardless of where "there" is.

Roughly twice as many Eastern competitors as Western dude, simple maths.

Plus, I really want to go to Marthas Vineyard  :D