Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

I apologize for not posting earlier, but I'll get a pic up as soon as I can. I was out of town helping my father build a new garage and pick up a frame for a '32 Ford model T he plans on building. Denim angel submission.

OK... the pictures...

roof work:

nLlAnNP.jpg

steel frame for a '32 Ford:

sE4Z4pt.jpg

So, finally got my Gustin Superheavys yesterday (though they're only 18 oz. which I guess doesn't count as superheavy to most people here). Here's a few pictures. The comparison shot is with my Gustin Japanese Standards and a random pair of Thai raws. Pretty impressed with Gustin thus far, even though delivery took forever. Looking forward to breaking these in and actually participating in the contest.

IMG_0044_zpsd54530bd.jpg

IMG_0043_zpsd2dd7abf.jpg

IMG_0045_zps8228a859.jpg

Edited by js0930

HC-SF-122 reporting for the next challenge with Sporty denim!

photo-1.jpg

We found a local little bouldering gym so we decided to hit it up.  Coastal Climbing Gym in Charleston, great place with true ratings to outside climbing, which means a lot because most places sugar coat the ratings.  Anyways this was the cleanist photo I got we put all our stuff in the cubbies provided and went off climbing.

I intend to top this off visit off by going down the King Street Bridge on my longboard, it is supposed to be the fastest hill around here.

Edited by FLDenim211

^ I did that last week with the EHxNK pair. It's been about 5 years off the wall for me. Before that I was climbing for about 7 years. It felt like I was pretty much back to square one. Just spent the whole day traversing some long routes back and forth.

Yeah the gym favored inclines at 70 or less so it was a similar experience for me

ByBeatle Vol.1

After a week, the jeans have started to soften and stretch to its raw measurement.

Really appreciate the extra room on thigh and seat area. Still got the slim silhouette yet comfortable enough to be my daily jeans.

rwfj.jpg

9wfr.jpg

zoau.jpg

Edited by masamune

The Old Man River crested today @ 12:00 - 3:00.  The Bow River and High River crested a tad earlier and caused major...major damage.  Down Town Calgary is flooded.  The Saddle Dome was flooded up to about the 10th row of seating.  They had to evacuate the animals at the Calgary Zoo as it is located along the Bow.  High River had people stranded on roof tops. 

Noodle - just saw this Crazyness on the BBC.

I hope your okay mate? Chin up. Me and the Girlfriend (who's a Canada-ist?!) both sending you our best wishes.

Stay safe.

Checking in;

HC-SF-09 IHxBxHCx25

Last Saturday (15/6/13). Totnes, Devon, UK.

River Dart behind me - tides out (Not my Boat). g6eKcwf.jpgw2QbC4F.jpgsfY7uZ9.jpg

Rogue Territory - Dbl Indigo Workshirt.

Iron Heart - MBB's 25oz.

Redwing.

Yeah, Double-Denim. It's not a problem. We're dangerous over 'ere.

Thanks UK! The majority of Lethbridge is above the old man river so we as a community have not suffered nearly as much damage as Calgary or High River.

Mostly hail, wind and flooding as a result of the water overwhelming infrastructure.

Hopefully AB Beef is ok and can provide a first hand account of what his experience has been.

On a different note. I was bit by a dog today. It was a defensive bite of an immature dog so I was quite lucky. I have a weekness for assuming all German Shepherds are like mine. Not the case apparently. Anyways I'm not the kind of sufu'er who likes showing stomach shots (pushing 40 etc) but you wouldn't be able to see it otherwise.

Notice the placement of the bite?!? I think he saw the MBB's and veered up.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc441/Noodle361/9AE8B048-73C2-4DA8-B1FF-5543B7295640-1203-000001703EA2DC6B_zps93a7ce81.jpg

Edited by Noodle36

Holy shit Noodle, you're having quite a time of it man. Stay safe from the floods and keep away from dogs you don't know (I sound like your mother now, ha ha).

Stay safe to everyone effected by the flooding please.

We went to Cologne to see Tegan and Sara, so I took some shots of the impressive Cathedral. It had been worked on for over 500 years and is a gothic masterpiece. Still there are modern elements like the Gerhard Richter window (yes, the one that looks like your old television test picture). No jeans to bee seen, though. Have a nice week, champs.

ms3v.jpg

f6y9.jpg
8sx7.jpg

k5y5.jpg

t86v.jpg

z57y.jpg

Hey guys just checking in again it's been pretty busy in calgary. As noodle said we have had some pretty crazy floods and a good portion of our downtown core along with many communities along the river are underwater. A few of my cousins have been evacuated and will need some help dealing with damages once the water goes down and we have some family from the town, high river, south of calgary that are staying at my parents right now as 90% of the housing there is flooded.

It's a pretty crazy situation, roads that I normally drive to work are closed, a large portion of shops outside of the flooding don't have staff available to work as they can't travel over the river, and downtown is empty and feels like a ghost town. The good news though is that the city handled the situation really well. People for the most part had a days notice so they were able to evacuate safely. We had all the canadian armed forces that were posted in Alberta come in and help, about 1200 troops,  and emergency services have actually had to turn people trying to help away as there were to many volunteers. Groups have also started being organized through social media and other mediums so that when the area is clear we can get everyone down to the damaged areas to help clean up and get people back into their houses. No recorded deaths or major injuries, no reported looting or vandalism either just lots of property damage and displaced people.

Here are some pics.

rM9MMgu.jpg

Z1FIVJX.jpg

VhVQNu2.jpg

fGlVbnf.jpg

Thanks for the support and concern guys. 

Edited by albertabeef

ANNOUNCEMENT

I need a test group for something that will be coming soon to the HWDC, anyone who has a bit of free time, and is discreet please inbox me  :) 

I just got my camera working again, the SD card decided to fail and it was the only one I had so I had to get a new one.