Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

HAT UPDATE!!

I received an email from Ebbet's today confirming that the hats are in production and should ship (to me)

by the end of next week. As soon as they arrive I'll post a few pics and get them shipped out the next day.

Browsing through this thread and seeing all the amazing movie posters, I was very discouraged to attempt to create my own...But one day, when I was helping my girlfriend move into her new apartment, opportunity struck to do a good deed, and I was also wearing my jeans at the time. Hence, I helped an old lady move a microwave/toaster oven looking thing from one side of campus to the other, and although I don't really have picture proof, since I thought it was rude and obnoxious to take a picture of doing a good deed, here is me wearing the 24oz N&F with a trolley. I promise to do a better job with the next challenge...

WRSUWAv.jpg

HAT UPDATE!!

I received an email from Ebbet's today confirming that the hats are in production and should ship (to me)

by the end of next week. As soon as they arrive I'll post a few pics and get them shipped out the next day.

AWSEOME NEWS, Thanks Jimmy, ur legend

HC-SF-41

IH 634-b

This is my official submission for dirty pics. The dirt and dust had turned to mud a few too many times and they needed a wash. The ridges in the weave on my thighs were packed smooth, haha.

Pics taken on a sunny day in the shade.

20130606_161013.jpg

20130606_161119.jpg

20130606_161358.jpg

20130606_161317.jpg

Clueless is my favorite Sunday afternoon movie, I'll admit to that. 

HC-SF-81, wearing Steel Feather. 

I don't care what anyone thinks, I love Clueless, and I'm man enough to admit it.

Seriously, Wallace Shawn, Dan Hedaya and lines like, "Remember one thing: I have a gun and a shovel. No one will miss you."  Who can hate that?

Detail pics.

my IH patch was unfortunately ruined while working, so i made this one with a piece of scrap

20130606_161150.jpg

I can't imagine how your patch could get so brutally

ruined, let alone damaged so bad that it could not be rescued. You should have called 911!

Could you share the gory details? Were there any zombies involved?

Edited by mister56

HC-SF-31

Contest 1: Angel

Well, it's not really so much of a good deed as it is just filial piety for me. Been helping out at my dad's clinic lately as a receptionist to help register and bill patients. Well I suppose it can be considered a good deed since my dad really undercharges in general, so he hardly makes much profit.

Didn't want to take a picture of the place for privacy reasons so, here's a quick snap I took before work started.tumblr_mo06hj3BvV1rfl02wo1_1280.jpg

And some process pictures. These have been worn very sparingly as it's supposedly a fast fading pair and I like to keep the colour darker for longer with it being a two year contest as well + the heat in Singapore now. Probably worn about once a week since March, hence the very slight fadings.tumblr_mo06hamZ5V1rfl02wo1_1280.jpgtumblr_mo06gurb2M1rfl02wo1_1280.jpgtumblr_mo06gg2e031rfl02wo1_1280.jpgtumblr_mo06fu2lgW1rfl02wo1_1280.jpgtumblr_mo06fdV3bL1rfl02wo1_1280.jpg

I realize this makes for a somewhat ironic angel challenge because it's not really a done out of good will if you have a motive for it, and a bit weird to ask for a picture too. But I shall take solace in the little things I do like offering to share my umbrella in this crazy climate where it's blazing one moment and pouring the next.

Edit: I should also say that I'm not a big fan of taking pictures too to help qualify my crappy challenge lol.

Edited by mree

I can't imagine how your patch could get so brutallyruined, let alone damaged so bad that it could not be rescued. You should have called 911! Could you share the gory details? Were there any zombies involved?

No zombies unfortunately.

I build cement foundations. You have to vibrate the concrete to get it to consolidate properly once its in the form. It gets everywhere, and the person doing it ends up looking like a stucco wall afterwards. Usually its no big deal as once it dries the specks brush right off. The day it happened we were running 2 vibrators and I was in front. The spatter from the person behind me was all over my back, including the patch. It brushed off as usual, but the cement had sucked all the moisture out of the leather, discoloring, hardening and shrinking it.

I tried my best to save it and loosen it back up when I got home, but no success. Boot oil and obenauf's didn't help either. Finally I just pulled it off and pressed it between 2 pieces of metal. The results were less than satisfactory.

20130608_081103.jpg

Edited by mittens

Sadly, been busy with school so I haven't had a chance to come up with anything that cool for the contest. But on the plus side, I just finished my first year of med school =D. Hopefully with more time now in the summer I"ll have something better for the next challenge!

Angel/Devil: After weeks of constant studying, I haven't exactly been taking care of my house...so I did some major cleaning. While doing that, I took these:

5d7F5Tr.jpg

(includes gf's clothes too), filled up a whole garbage bag: Rqv9ide.jpg

and donated it to:

Rd4NkSc.jpg

And to begin the weekend of festivities: J8u5fIy.jpg

Edited by who8mahrice

HC-SF-101 a little late to the draw here

I went with a pair of Steel Feather jeans for the competition. Anders was super nice and helpful when I had questions. And the guys at Rivet and Hide made ordering the jeans a pleasure.

This is my first pair of heavy denim and really one of my first forays into wearing good jeans. So I'm a little new to all this. The jeans are a bit slimmer than I usually wear. Here are the initial fit pics.

qqdG4Cc.jpg?1

7rb1P3t.jpg?1

FT4zryW.jpg?1

Since this is my first pair of heavy denim, I decided to get mud all over them for the challenge.

RHRPM5D.jpg?1

FxYzIIK.jpg?1

ggSSi1K.jpg?2

Hey guys moved in to a new place and Internet isn't hooked up yet. Here my dirty denim submission. Ill be sure to edit and add new pics once my router is hooked up.

8993188880_c08c93f9d1_c.jpg

Edited by albertabeef

HC-SF-21

minor updates. not that these photos show it all that well, but these IH-555-02's are progressing nicely. wasn't expecting to see any whiskers or combs for a while but they're sneeking in already

8992574769_69bd73d592_z.jpg

8992578479_c2799676d6_z.jpg

HWDC Challenges - Round 2

Just a brief reminder that you only have to do one of the three challenges. Close date for this set is August 4th.

1) Make you famous. Find a celebrity (can be local, national or international), and get your denim picture taken with them.

2) Sports star denim. Lets see your denim get active and play a little sports.

3) The great outdoors. As we in the Northern hemisphere are fast approaching our summer time, lets get outside and see some nature.

There, not too difficult is it?

Edited by Megatron1505

I love these challenges time to find a celebrity, or go rock climbing in my Busters