Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

HC-SF-59  -  Red Cloud R400

I found some old photos of my contest jeans taken straight after their initial (and only) soak back in mid March. I'm pretty sure that I had only tried them on at this stage  - just to see how the shrinkage went.

hwdc2evo1.jpg

And here are some updates from today. The weather has been pretty average here over the past few weeks, but the sun broke through this afternoon for a couple of hours so I managed snapped off some shots - completely different lighting to the pics above but enough to see the evo. The close up shots are closest to true colour.

hwdc2evo2.jpg

Just a quick update for you folks. I did another hot soak since I wasn't quite happy with the fit. True enough, it shrunk some more, now I'm truly ecstatic about the fit. It was a half inch here, quarter inch there difference. But it was enough for the fit to truly ROCK. No pictures yet, I'll try to get some over the next few days if you'd like.

Crosspost from Pics-threat:

Yesterday I spent some time in Heidepark, a funfair in northern Germany.

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.JPG

06.JPG

07.jpg

08.JPG

09.JPG

10.JPG

Still trying to find a good idea for the movie-poster… But there´s something coming up, I´m sure! :-)

HC-IH-32 with a brief check-in.

Sweated like mad yesterday on an asphalt roof cleaning and moss treating.  The MBBs were good because they gripped the shingles and I didn't slide off to my death, but bad in that on an 80 degree day, on a 90 degree roof, they felt like 110 degrees.  

I believe, though, that I can call "Numero Uno" on putting a hole in my MBBs.  Legitimate, didn't mean it, hole.

tumblr_mmpq41sO081r6qdq2o1_1280.jpg

Edited by midvalleyfarm

Mid Valley - Asphalt will do a number on any pair of jeans. 25 yr or 30 yr shingle? Or older?

There used to be a shingle that used a glass type granule. Anything over 7/12 pitch and you better have a harness. Tear the shit out of your hands too. We don't have moss issues here unless there is a drainage problem.

On another note. Will need to take the MBBs in to get a repair. Will post pics tomorrow. My new knife has shredded the stitching along the pocket.

03.jpg

Still trying to find a good idea for the movie-poster… But there´s something coming up, I´m sure! :-)

Its that cold there? 3 heavy layered tops with a scarf?

Wishing there, so i can wear my leather jacket with heavy jeans all the time -_-

Btw, dope!

ThinFinn, decided to go for it and get them tapered at my somewhat local denim shop, Shockoe Denim in RVA.  Will post pics once I get them.

Yes, it was cold yesterday. Midvalleyfarm - any full front and backshots of those jeans? They look more like 2 years than 2 months old.

Full shots later today when they're finished drying.  Lots of bird crap and assorted gunk on them that just had to come off.  We farm folk play hard.  Also, I've got my competition boots rolling in later today, so hopefully they can be seen together for the first time.

Mid Valley - Asphalt will do a number on any pair of jeans. 25 yr or 30 yr shingle? Or older?

There used to be a shingle that used a glass type granule. Anything over 7/12 pitch and you better have a harness. Tear the shit out of your hands too. We don't have moss issues here unless there is a drainage problem.

On another note. Will need to take the MBBs in to get a repair. Will post pics tomorrow. My new knife has shredded the stitching along the pocket.

More like a 10-15 year asphalt shingle, so lots of abrasive life left in it.  Gloves and sunglasses were the orders of the day.  I don't usually do roof work, but I'm the guy who knows how to rig a safe roping system and can rappel down to the more inaccessible eaves.  Cheaper than renting a boom lift, I suppose.  Moss is an issue on anything but metal here because in the northwest, people love to put their houses under and next to large shedding trees, and visa versa.

Hey guys, I'm posting this for a friend of me who doesn't has a sufu account but still wanted to show his contest submission:

HC-IR-01 Ali_Ilegali Sage Marcher 18oz 

Contest 1:

Movie Poster

Untitled-6.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

Full lengths as promised.

Snippet from the pictures thread: a nice day in the sun with the MBB's.

8736972136_e997798705.jpg
IMG_0226 by MidValleyFarm, on Flickr

06.JPG

still trying to find a good idea for the movie-poster… But there´s something coming up, I´m sure! :-)

Dingo - That looks like a Zippo Blue Flame in your pocket.