Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

^ i would just soak them with the hottest tap water there is for 1-1.5hours and with agitating them every 20-30minutes, if you guys are after some shrinkage...

that way you don´t have to turn the denim inside-out and the other way around once you take them out of the mashine...doing things like that with 25oz denim isn´t really funny imo!

also i wouldn´t want to risk that the stiff 25oz denim is getting any kinda unwanted streaks on it, which could definitely happen during a wash!

No need to soak for so long. You get all thr shrinkage that you're going to get from a hot soak in the first 20 minutes with occasional agitation.

In regards to soaking your MBBs: definitely good to soak before wearing - softens up the denim and lengthens the time before your first blowout.

Yes, I speak from experience (crotch hole in 666-XHS at 3 months).

Graeme , I have same pair like yours , still inside the closet . I am looking forward to see how's that 8G will turn up. FYI , there is a fade picture of 8G in the Lightning Magazine issue title " Denim Bible ".

I haven't seen Lightning Magazine, but there's a faded pair on the Rakuten product page.

img56763184.gif

I'm curious to see how they turn out too. They seem to shed colour easily. There's a white strip on the cuff already (see picture thread) after a couple of days wear.

They've softened up after soaking and being worn a day or two. Though the first time I had them on I was convinced that they were too heavy to be wearable!

I am ready....I have my first contest challenge all figured out, I am going to do it this weekend, just one question: Where do I post my Challenge pic?

I am ready....I have my first contest challenge all figured out, I am going to do it this weekend, just one question: Where do I post my Challenge pic?

This thread, it's not a disaster if they get posted in the other thread, I would just prefer to keep that thread for evo.

My money is on MaxPower, Dingo, Cander49, & Saintkeat from superfuture and Sattyz from darahakubiru. Megatron's son for the junior category.

Good luck everyone.

edit: ruedi for best undergarment fades lol.

Yeah my current Nudie underwear are still going strong and will enjoy from now on their final last step as my new downgraded work pants.

Let's see if I can ever wear my MBB 25 ozers as my new underwear pants. Will probably takes me another 10 years to wait ha ha ha

Ok, fellow competitors. Give me some advice. :) Should I keep long and stack or hem? Stacking can work reasonably well for 710s, but I'm still undecided... Here's how they look right now...

8613902729_ed1934c6ec_z.jpg

I don't think I'm really feeling a cuff this time around. FWIW, my style has generally been pretty basic of late (pretty plain stuff, nothing too crazy).

I would never cuff them since you alreday have great creases settled in them.

Go rock them the hard core way

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

It is great to see so much enthusiasm from the competitors. I hope it continues. I think Ukeno would agree it became a drag in the AW contest to only have posts from a select few competitors. Everytime I check Sufu there is another update to this thread. Thrilling!!!