Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

^ Ha ha ha

Great to hear that.

My old Nudie underwear was just 14 oz covered with 23 SG ozers and during winter time

But you would reach new dimensions for sure

And you have probably to move in to the higher Swiss alps to survive two hot summer seasons!!

Shall I start looking for a cute little alpine hut for you just right now (and of course in a glacier area above the tree limit)?

And don't forget that you wouldn't need any sleeping bag anymore!!

That'll be me!

Aero Leathers were carrying them last year, and I think were the only retailler outside of Japan. They sold off a load of denim at the end of last year, and I snagged my pair then.

They're seriously heavy, but after a few days wear are starting to soften up. At first I was convinced they wouldn't be practical for two years.

Is it too late to consider a substitution?

Lightweight.jpg

No problem- just wear two pairs of them and you'll be golden.

HWB-53 : William Lennon "T.O.W."

fresh out of the box:

lennonTOW.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

WLace.jpg

WLtriplesole.jpg

WLheel.jpg

triple leather soles

after oiling:

TOW2.jpg

William Lennon "Tug Of War" in waxed reverse kip leather, black.

WLtriplesole2.jpg

TOWshaft.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

the boot shafts are 1-piece + no lining

Edited by BrownMetallic

Guys, I must publicly apologise and say that I did not get a chance to complete all the signing requests on Saturday at the CSM. I am sure you can appreciate how busy we were, and I know that Beatle left some signed flashers to cover where she did not get a chance to sign, as it turns out I should have done the same.

Polite Reminder

There are still quite a few pairs of MBB's hanging around where the order has not been paid for. If you ordered a pair, but no longer want them or are awaiting payday to send your final payment, could you please let IHUK know as soon as possible? Thank you.

You live downtheshore, pizza_dough?

I lived in NJ for four years (Camden and Trenton), btw.

Yup like 12 blocks from the beach! It was 65 and sunny yesterday so nice to have the weather picking up here since we still have som much construction work to be done around here from the storm. The guys working outside derserve some good weather.

Just received notification that the MBB's have been sent. Will post fit etc when they arrive. Hopefully Canada customs doesn't f this up and hold them until someone realizes a pair of jeans is just a pair of jeans!! Fingers crossed.

Ok, fellow competitors. Give me some advice. :) Should I keep long and stack or hem? Stacking can work reasonably well for 710s, but I'm still undecided... Here's how they look right now...

8615009772_b9bbb00d43_z.jpg8613903019_6dc281ee5d_z.jpg8613902855_f0d5642ee6_z.jpg8613902729_ed1934c6ec_z.jpg

I don't think I'm really feeling a cuff this time around. FWIW, my style has generally been pretty basic of late (pretty plain stuff, nothing too crazy).

Edited by cander49

My money is on MaxPower, Dingo, Cander49, & Saintkeat from superfuture and Sattyz from darahakubiru. Megatron's son for the junior category.

Good luck everyone.

edit: ruedi for best undergarment fades lol.

Edited by JeansTooTight

Ok I have done it and broke 2 of my personal rules at once:

1. For this contest I switched from my still almost new 23 oz Strike Gold to those MBB 25 ozers below

But now worries: I'll turn back to those SG in 3 or 4 years, when my current 25 MBB's will probably have some fadings and wear marks including patina on them until then

2. I really love the new pants that much that I even started now to break them in althoughj I'm usually never doing this before I have at least a second one new and untouched same pair preserved for the Jeansmuseum to have them as a comparision sample to the heavy faded retired ones coming in later in a few years from now. I don't now yet how this big dilemma can be solved at the moment.

Anyway, let's rock them now!!!

The judges outside of contest jeans ( :wacko:):

25 oz MBB day 3

with IH black 21 oz jacket and Lee 101-j jacket underneath

DSC03595.JPG

DSC03600.JPG

DSC03607.JPG

DSC03575.JPG

DSC03574.JPG

DSC03581.JPG

All pics:

https://picasaweb.go...CM3zwpm637m6vgE

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

My money is on MaxPower, Dingo, Cander49, & Saintkeat from superfuture and Sattyz from darahakubiru. Megatron's son for the junior category.

Good luck everyone.

edit: ruedi for best undergarment fades lol.

I already see some first raw denim candidates with huge fading potential coming along as well. Let's see if those hard core people stay on board with their bastards over the next many years to come,....

There is no junior category, Tommy competes with the adults.

My early favourites are Licorice Noose, Dingo, Kybosh, Beatle and Tommy, and I'm cool to say that because I am not a judge :P

Graeme , I have same pair like yours , still inside the closet . I am looking forward to see how's that 8G will turn up. FYI , there is a fade picture of 8G in the Lightning Magazine issue title " Denim Bible ".

Edited by Xstan

My money is on MaxPower, Dingo, Cander49, & Saintkeat from superfuture...

Me? Hahaha. We'll see about that. The longest I've ever worn a pair of jeans in the past is 15 months, so I just hope I don't destroy them before 24 months is up. :)

Ok, fellow competitors. Give me some advice. :) Should I keep long and stack or hem? Stacking can work reasonably well for 710s, but I'm still undecided... Here's how they look right now...

8615009772_b9bbb00d43_z.jpg8613903019_6dc281ee5d_z.jpg8613902855_f0d5642ee6_z.jpg8613902729_ed1934c6ec_z.jpg

I don't think I'm really feeling a cuff this time around. FWIW, my style has generally been pretty basic of late (pretty plain stuff, nothing too crazy).

i think it really depends on what type of shoes you wear. Some shoes look better cuffed instead of stacked, vice versa. I'd say try something different, especially for this contest.