Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Thanks Danny!

I like the fit a lot, more than I initially thought I would even. I found them to be slimmer from the knee down than the chart indicates, which is a good thing in my book. Jeans made for boys tend to fit really tight on my thighs and flare out (or give that impression) below the knee, plus they're usually way too roomy in the waist when I size according to thigh measurements. As soon as these stretch a little in the upper thigh, they're going to be pretty much spot on according to my tastes.

a word from Paula from ih.co.uk:

UPDATE FROM GOSPORT! :)

We probably managed to process about 35 of over 100 MBB orders yesterday, and after breakfasting with our CSM guests will be back in the office this afternoon. Nothing can ship tomorrow because it's a public holiday, we're hoping that all "straightforward" MBB orders will be ready to ship on Tuesday afternoon (and certainly those that don't require hemming).

Anyone who has requested a size change, I won't be able to work out what's possible until I've got a complete picture of what's been requested, so please bear with me and I'll get back to you later today or tomorrow.

Happy Easter!

:-*

HC-SF-18 Kamikaze Attack 20oz. 7 wears in total. Will have to get some fit pics later(I've been having issues resizing my pics). A pretty hairy denim. And super dark. The really low rise at first wasn't the most comfortable but the denim is softening up a bit and isn't too bad now.

ka1c.png

ka2o.png

ka3s.jpg

ka4z.jpg

According to the sizing chart, the MBBs in 32 should be about perfect for me. Luck would have it that giving up my original 31 will be a big help to those at IH UK trying to fill everyone's request. Paula says they will get me the longest pair of 32s they have. I was a bit apprehensive about the BB cut, as I didn't want something too slim. These should be great, I just can't wait to get them, it should be just in time for all the springtime yard work.

Everyone's pictures look fantastic. I admit I'm a bit jealous that my jeans are on another continent, but they'll be here soon enough!

Was a great day yesterday at the CSM. All the crew were great, very interesting meeting people you have read about eg. Ruedi and Beatle. A big thanks to Paula for helping with directions and being extremely nice and Giles for making me spend money on some nice iron heart gear. Can’t wait for the next catch up and i will bring you some parsnips Ruedi!

Thanks Todd and Natalie

HC-SF-32

Viapiana – Wide – 16.25oz (17oz after soak) Unsanforized Japanese Selvedge Denim

Thanks Max & Finn.

First time wearing my jeans on the first official day of the contest. They were hot washed last night and shrunk approx 1.5" in length and are a bit slimmer in the leg now.

v11w.jpg

Edited by hemi

even better now after the wash mate...

btw. is this the "standard" or the "premium" version you went with?

just browsed the page a bit and i have to say that these guys really grabbed my attention...269$ for a 100% customized pair of denim is unbeatable imo and really something to try out at some point!

Thanks Mega and the IH stuff for the great work for the CSM event., which I really enjoyed

DSC03422.JPG

Change from my 550 day Strike Gold to the Megas

DSC03515.JPG

My signed pair:

2013-04-01%252000.57.23.jpg

Minitrons new pants:

DSC03493.JPG

No job for me. Hemming jeans would break my heart.

But of course they all received a great union special chainstitch hem later (pics check out at link at the end of thids post)

DSC03406.JPG

DSC03488.JPG

We had great fun and nice talks like with Junior (from Rivet and Hide) and with Jean Luc

DSC03442.JPG

Great breakfast served by G

2013-03-30%252022.26.38.jpg

2013-03-31%252011.48.27.jpg

Because of the great weather I went out for a one hour jogging in my old denim clothes and sandals including my little camera before this breakfast

DSC03540.JPG

For all pics check out under

https://picasaweb.go...CNeR363S96fYjAE

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

And I was overwhelmed from IH member Licorice Noose IH pants hanging in G's office

I have to bring them back here as well, hardcore authentic work wear fadings on them in a speedy way

Congrats!!!

DSC03476.JPG

DSC03480.JPG

Thanks to all and it was nice for seeing you there.

Time was flying and I had to leave this raw denim paradise back home on to my regular home

2013-03-31%252019.21.12.jpg

For all pics check out:

https://picasaweb.go...CNeR363S96fYjAE

I freaked out when I saw Max Power's Cancer Bats shirt....Bad Ass shirt dude and great denim

Also happy Easter, and the competition has officially begun as I am posting this!

Edited by FLDenim211

If you want to compete in a pair of bybeatle volume one

Pre order extented - 08.04.13

discount code still valid

beat1

Mid rise slim fit with tapered leg

17oz raw selvage denim milled in Okayama

rope dyed with 24 dips

10oz Cotton twill hickoree pinstripe pocket bags

raised belt loops

half lined back pockets

all threads in UEJ polycore

doghnut buttons in cox

hidden rivets and exposed rivets in cox

reinforced crotch detail

shrink to fit

8530058099_f18c827341_z.jpg

8530093931_6cba0da24e_z.jpg

8531240960_ea0e275770_z.jpg

8531214022_878b9b231a_z.jpg

Ruedi , Good pictures , saw that someone is wearing Eight G in the your album. :)

Yeah and IH member Graeme was even able to double cuff his 32 ozers!!!!

DSC03431.JPG

Welcome to the greatest denim show on earth, we are now officially open......

Quick reminder of a few things.

1) Post anywhere and as often as possible. I only wanted to know your forum to allow me to include it into your registration number, you are not tied to that particular forum. The other forums competing where you can post are.....

Superfuture

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/144198-heavyweight-denim-championships-2013-2015-official-thread/

Iron Heart

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4341.0

Darahkubiru

http://www.darahkubiru.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8379

Indigo Roots

http://www.indigoroots.com/index.php?topic=778.0

MyDenim

http://www.mydenim.org/t114-heavy-weight-denim-championship-2013-2015

RawrDenim

http://www.rawrdenim.com/forum/showthread.php?30740-Heavyweight-Denim-Championship-2-(HWDC2)-Updates-and-Questions

Post wherever, and as often as possible.

2) On Superfuture, Iron Heart and Darahkubiru we have a competition thread, and a picture thread. This is to cut down the amount of chat between updates, and to serve as a visual record for the competitors. This only effects these three forums, and is purely because there are so many competitors on these three forums.

3) Obviously, I will be spending more time on the forums which have the most competitors, as that is where I am most likely to be needed. If anyone ever has any questions please drop me a PM, or message me through the HWDC Facebook or Twitter accounts.

4) The competition has begun, and so have the challenges, you have 12 weeks from today to carry out one of the following...

This is the part that intrigues me most. Roughly every 12 weeks we will issue a set of three themed challenges. Each competitor MUST select one of the three challenges, and MUST post their completed challenge. To give you an idea of what they will be , here are the first three (commencing 01/04/13).

A) Denim at the movies - with the summer blockbuster season just around the corner we have a movie themed challenge. Wearing your Heavy Denim you must either recreate your favorite movie poster and post the picture, or film a recreation of a clip from your favorite movie and post it up.

B) Denim Devils/ Denim Angels - post a picture and details of yourself doing either a good deed in your denim (if you're an angel), or a random act of spite (if you're a devil). Remember, Karma is a bitch.

C) Dirty Denim - As simple as it gets, give your denim a dirt bath, show them no respect, treat them like dirt.

And Finally, registration is now closed completely, no exceptions at all, I will not respond to messages asking to register so please do not waste yours or my time.

Get ready to rock guys, it's going to be a fun 24 months........

Wooahhhh!

I wish you all great fun with your heavy weight raw denim projects!!

Wear them at your best way.

I can't wait to see the updates

And most of all I hope that mega will survive this massive amount of oncoming work over the next 2 years to him without a complete raw denim burn out

I'm just thinking by myself, if I really shall break in my new pants the same time with you alreday, since as a judge my pants are running outside the contest anyway.