Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Paid the balance on my MBBs, sent a (small) donation to Megatron, and then soon after got a call from my bank about "fraudulent activity." Apparently spending $325 on a UK web-store does not match my normal spending habits. Don't get between me and my denim :biggrin:

She's already turning this whole thing on its head!

On my computer the picture is right side up. On phone it is upside down. Can someone else let me know what is going on with that pic?

Houston, we (may) have a problem....

From Giles at IHUK.

The current situation is that (apart from me losing even more hair) the shipment is in Liege (Belgique) waiting to clear customs. I am applying as much pressure as I can to get them released and I have TNT prepared to use their "special services" people to get the shipment to me. It is not a guarantee I will get them before Saturday.

Unless you have something useful to add or critical information to impart, please do not bomb me, Paula or Gav with emails and/or PMs. We all know you guys are desperate to get the measurements and get your jeans on your legs.

We will update here when we have useful news to impart.

I will update as and when I know more.

Edited by Megatron1505

Got a mail from Yuichi at Kaizouku today saying he'll ship my Samurai 710xx tomorrow so I should have them by middle next week! :-)

Pfft. We've got an adult-sized slide running between the 5th & 6th floors here at work. I was planning on spending next weekend sliding down with various objects in my pockets.

Yeah it is just me (T-Bone was taken in this forum already) but I promise I'll trash my jeans really bad.

Great to have a heavy fader on board.

Can't wait to see the oncoming updates

Houston, we (may) have a problem....

From Giles at IHUK.

I will update as and when I know more.

Not your fault...damn those customs fools! Doesn't really matter when they arrive, they're gonna be awesome and we should be grateful to the IH crew and Mega! ...and yes, I am sucking up in the hope of future contest credit :ph34r:

^^Yeah I have to second that. Beautifull SG are entering the contest!!!!

Reporting from Melbourne Australia. Just got my t-shirt last thursday. A gloomy good friday, a hint that winter is coming down here.

CPOtN1N.jpg

Now waiting for my competing pair from Malaysia, apparently he's having a nice world tour without me before getting over here.

6XbEAov.png

Edited by apsidewatch

Great Strike Golds!

So, I got my Samurai 500XX Naniwa Special. It's a 50 pairs limited Edition for Aikidou, that somewhat celebrates the old City of Osaka - Naniwa. It features 19 oz denim, came with a nice coin pouch, uses the donut buttons of the VX models and has hidden arcs that will peak through plus stitched ones. Not sure about this particular detail, but I have to live with it now.

As it's a limited Edition, the tab has the "A" turned upside down.

P1040826_zps8d3e6147.jpg

P1040827_zps872f8371.jpg

P1040828_zps6c62fb7b.jpg

P1040800_zps0e631ff1.jpg

P1040808_zps7bf79019.jpg

P1040807_zpse539aa0a.jpg

P1040806_zpsaa0a96f0.jpg

P1040805_zps62d740bb.jpg

P1040804_zpse3360f65.jpg

P1040801_zpsa1c86f1f.jpg

The fit is really much like the 510, very long rise, wide legs, long inseam. I expected much more of a slimmer cut like the 0500XX but that's also what I have to deal with. Will soak in a minute and hope for serious shrinkage, looks I can need it.

W34:

waist 89cm

frontrise 30 cm

inseam 97 cm

leg opening 23,7cm

P1040823_zpsb13aa6eb.jpg

P1040822_zps717bb422.jpg

P1040821_zps658bbd92.jpg

P1040824_zps54916006.jpg

But I am already falling in love with my 2 year companion.

Yeah great dope on your legs Flo

Great Samurai man! Interesting piece of craft.