Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

I thought the same thing, was ready to preorder but saw the thigh measurement, it's tiny and I have average thighs not huge not tiny, but I can't make it work I don't think, I'll have to check updated measurements , I always measure all fabric on thigh, don't even recognize where the seam falls

Im kinda torn up on the bybeatle's. The cut is the best for my body type, but I prefer more of a 501 cut. I'll probably order them anyways, and hopefully not buy another pair of jeans in the next 5 years if Im lucky. Stupid question tho...Ive been following denim forums for three years now, but never really paying attention to what is being released since I always felt like I was playing catch-up. My question is, is it just me, or does it seem like there is a lot of exclusive and unique denims being launched this year? There's still stuff I want to buy, but the bybeatles seem unique enough that I wont feel like I wasted my money even if I dont wear them much during the heavy weight denim comp...or maybe I will hold the mbb and wear the bybeatle's. :D

Just a quick update - white weft - and I belive it´s bleached, but I will ask the mill for confirmation.

On the matter of inseam - we´ve had a couple of questions if we can do a longer inseam. It is possible, but it does however add extra cost in terms of material and production. But since we have the advantage of working directly with the garment factory we can special order the longer inseam - and to make it simple I think that a 40 inseam for all those who have seriously long legs would be the perfect solution. I can´t send out a production order that says 1 pair in 38 , 1 pair in 39 one pair in 40.

So if you seriously need a longer inseam - please place your preorder by April 12th and disregard the discount coupon. This way the extra costs are covered and we can make sure to fit these special inseams in with the on-going production.

Question about entering, it says start date on April 1st, I'm curious about a 17 oz LHT denim from Strike Gold that will arrive at Self Edge on April 1st. I'm debating between that pair or the SG 2109. Are you still able to join sometime shortly after April 1st?

not arguing on how you do your work jimmy but 1 question.. at 0:43 the "HWDC2" word is at the back of popeye's hand. is it intentional ? why arent u making it so that the hand will be at the back?

not arguing on how you do your work jimmy but 1 question.. at 0:43 the "HWDC2" word is at the back of popeye's hand. is it intentional ? why arent u making it so that the hand will be at the back?

Because that is how it was designed and how people liked it and bought it. Why change the design at the last moment?

DEnim-Popeye-hwdc-SF_IHF.png

Just got back from Jakarta....so unbelievably tired.

- Today I rest.

- Tomorrow I spend with my wife and son.

- Friday I will begin answering the 34 PM's I was sent in my absence.......nice to know I was missed :D

Just a quick update - white weft - and I belive it´s bleached, but I will ask the mill for confirmation.

On the matter of inseam - we´ve had a couple of questions if we can do a longer inseam. It is possible, but it does however add extra cost in terms of material and production. But since we have the advantage of working directly with the garment factory we can special order the longer inseam - and to make it simple I think that a 40 inseam for all those who have seriously long legs would be the perfect solution. I can´t send out a production order that says 1 pair in 38 , 1 pair in 39 one pair in 40.

So if you seriously need a longer inseam - please place your preorder by April 12th and disregard the discount coupon. This way the extra costs are covered and we can make sure to fit these special inseams in with the on-going production.

Awesome news...not that I NEED more jeans....but the weight of these seems to be perfect. I'm sticking with the MBBS for the comp, but I think I'll need to get an order in for the byBeatle offering as well!

we don´t know

:ph34r: :ph34r: probably some shady sufu kid !

On a site note - thank you guys for exactly 20 ebbets pre orders - only a few more and we can get those tasty caps on track !!

Order yours today

Standard cap /semiadjustable

Crown: Navy wool

Visor: Navy wool

Under visor: 7oz Duck , mustard (FD7-MUS)

Button: Navy

Eyelets: Navy

Sweatband: Black

Seam tape: Black

Stitching: Navy

8402412140_75c62b471e_z.jpg

8401323287_0c96911094_z.jpg

8402412590_702de30213_z.jpg

Ebbets-hats_hwdc.png

Hey Mega, did I miss the announcement on who won the first contest, or is that upcoming as well?

BIG ROUND 1 WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT WILL TAKE PLACE TOMORROW.

sorry for more size questions but...

any chance rivet and hide will add the hip measurements to the by beatle jeans? I can manage the thigh in my size I think, but the hip measurement is what might make or break it.

Glad the hip measurements are not in vain and appreciated.

If Beatle can't provide for the sample they'll definitely be up once the jeans are made and here.

OK, I think I've replied to everyones PM's. If you have not received a reply from me, please remind me.

UPDATES !!!!

- Just got back from Jakarta, where I got to meet a few former and current competitors, one of our major sponsors (The Denim Vault) and also one of our esteemed judges for Round 2 (Direz Zender), great time and a great denim scene.

- The Competition tee's from The Denim Vault will be available for shipping by the end of the month, there has been a minor delay in the natural indigo dye process due to capacity.

- Iron Heart have been busting their balls to get the MBB's ready on time, and due to personal intervention at the mill by Haraki-San, it looks like we might be just about ok.

- The HWDC website is proving to be extremely problematic, the basic set up is complete but we have a few systems issues. As a back up to this I had always planned that if we could not get this done then I will administrate across the forums using my database. It's going to be more work for me, but it's the only way I can keep the competition rolling for everyone.

- For at least the first month of the HWDC, all updates will have to be done across the forums. I will start new HWDC "pic update" threads for people to post their update and "Challenge" pictures in.

- If and when the website becomes available, I will let everyone know and we can all switch across to that.