Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Beatle - Looks really good. I'm one of those people with bigger thighs, so these would be right up my alley if I didn't have a pair of new Sams already.

Megatron - thanks for opening it up again in a week. Apparently I missed the March 1 registration deadline. Thought I was keeping up with this thread adequately, guess not. I'd still suggest adding it in to the first post though.

Thanks for your kind words. Production run will be 36 inseam. The size chart will be up tomorrow on the website - once it´s up - please don´t hesitate to get in touch with all sizing questions. But I am recommending buying these true to size - you will find enough room in seat and thigh and a very clean slim fit throughout the leg. I wear a size 29 - 30 in most jeans, the sample is a tagged 30 and it works perfectly.

I will try and take more personal fit pics over the course of the next 4 weeks and keep tabs on stretching.

8523560287_9a62e24e1b_z.jpg

8523639979_06c3223c44_z.jpg

Beatle - Looks really good. I'm one of those people with bigger thighs, so these would be right up my alley if I didn't have a pair of new Sams already.

Megatron - thanks for opening it up again in a week. Apparently I missed the March 1 registration deadline. Thought I was keeping up with this thread adequately, guess not. I'd still suggest adding it in to the first post though.

You missed megas post regarding this...

"I will reopen registration for 7 days from the 11th to the 18th of March (when I am back home), anyone who fails to register in this time will not be able to participate."

Everyone who buys a pair of bybeatle will be able to register beyond that deadline."

In other words - if you pre order a pair of bybeatle you will be assigned a spot in the competition.

Congratulations Beatle!

Really impressive looking jeans.

The cut looks great on you.

Will you be starting a thread? - think you should ;)

I'm in for a pair in 6 months or so. Just need to save up and break in the MBB.

I don't have a Slim Taper like this - think I might 'need' these.

You missed megas post regarding this...

"I will reopen registration for 7 days from the 11th to the 18th of March (when I am back home), anyone who fails to register in this time will not be able to participate."

Everyone who buys a pair of bybeatle will be able to register beyond that deadline."

In other words - if you pre order a pair of bybeatle you will be assigned a spot in the competition.

Your post made me even more confused about Mega's post =x. Someone please clarify for me. What I had thought it meant was that March 11-18, registration is open for all jeans. Specifically, for bybeatle jeans, you can enter after March 18. Reason being they were separate sentences, so I thought the first had to do with all jeans.

Now I´m confused...lol

Okay - extented registration for any jeans - reopen registration 11th - 18th March

After that you can only register if you are competing in a pair of bybeatle due to pre order and stuff these are special

sweet. i very much like the pocket bags and the crotch reinforcement. hahaa i recall you and i had PMs over this sort of "sugar cane" crotch reinforcement design. it's the weak point of all jawns. great you utilized it when creating your own line. they should stand up for while to all sorts of beating. great job beats

Hey beatle, great work on these jawns! I am glad this day has finally came after hearing about it a few months ago. I have a question the same bybeatles you recieved was a tag size 30 and the actual waist measurements were 15.5. But when I look at the chart on Rivet it says a Tag size 30 and the waist would be 16 inches. Just want to have a perfect fit! Sorry!!

Hey beatle, great work on these jawns! I am glad this day has finally came after hearing about it a few months ago. I have a question the same bybeatles you recieved was a tag size 30 and the actual waist measurements were 15.5. But when I look at the chart on Rivet it says a Tag size 30 and the waist would be 16 inches. Just want to have a perfect fit! Sorry!!

Sorry for any confusion. Yes, they measured 15.5 (31) I have corrected the post in my thread.

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

Okay - to be precise - they measured 15,8 - were stretched by Robin - shrank down to 15,5 after soak. The sample always go through a lot of action...I seriously advize to just go with your normal waist size /

For reference - I wear size 30 in Flathead, Samurai, IH and even my old Levi´s are a 30 - and that´s the size I´m wearing the bybeatle in.

The crotch inforcement isn´t visible from outside, as IIvIagIne pointed out the threads are blue and blend in with the denim. But we´ve given it a seriously good pull and the strain from the meeting point at crotch center is taken off , like when ur putting a roof up and as soon as you have a cross beam the thing becomes solid.

since I already found my pair for the contest, I'm...

offering my pre-order spot for the MegaBeatleBusters! pm is key...

If you check the measurements on R&H, you will see it is 36" pre-soak.

just to add: I find 12" pre-soak in the thighs on a size 34 not very much (regarding the comfortable and "room in all the right places" talk) ;)

I agree. I had my eyes on these going with what was written and rumored. But these do not look to comfortable in neither size 34 or 36. Atleast to me... :blink: But I´m not the smallest kid on earth...

However, great looking jeans and exceptional work Beatle!

^^ what pair is it?

ha, going to announce it during the month I think, after I've registered! ;)

True that. Many slim dudes will love them for that reason though. I can't make them work.

qft! I'd love to have a pair but the waist to thigh ratio is a bit fucked imo! not happening in my book I'm affraid!

Bare in mind that these measurements are measured TCB way - the thigh from seam straight across - and not including the lap over ..

In other words - the thigh measured big style on a waist 34 will be more in the region of 12,4 before soak.

Everybody is using different ways to measure - and I can only post what the production side is using for pattern until I have them here and can compare both ways.

I looked at their measuremen guide (as I thought it might differ, like SE) and from that picture it seems that they measure really all the fabric on the thigh..also with the lap over. That made me voice my opinion.

edit: oh ok..TCB style. I just assumed and looked at R&H's guide

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK