drapygo

DenimProject - The Deviants 2013 Contest

tnvw.jpg

First day of wearing them, i'm liking the post wash fit, reminds me a bit of how my Sam S510 fit.

The waist is, like i expected, no problem at all, definitely made the right decision to go with my regular size dispite the somehow a bit confusing measurements.

The denim is still super dark post wash, and i love those little white naps, Taichi really outsourced some great denim.

This thread is making me want black engineer boots haha!

SLAB, I was definitely conflicted this morning deciding which to wear...

sup guys just checking in with my post soak measurements. i was going for minimal shrinkage and overall its good and fitting like a proper sz34. fit/fade pics to come in the future..

W34 (pre / post) soak 1 hour @ lukewarm 45degreesF and 4 hours hang dry in the sun (it was about 86F today)

waist : 17 / 17 inch

b rise: 16.75 / 15.75 inch

f rise: 14.75 / 12.5 inch

thigh: 14 / 13 inch

hem: 9.5 / 9 inch

Im giving my jeans another hot soak and lets see how they go. Im abit reluctant to put them in the wash again as I dont want them to go all soft on me.

will update with measurements and fit pictures soon' 

^Looking forward to it...was contemplating another wash to shrink the inseam a bit

fit looking really good Mich, are they double cuffed?

Thanks, yes double cuffed, they had less shrinkage yet than i expected at forehand.

I had been planning to wear these no cuff or with a single small cuff.

paid for mine today, apparently my pair only have a single red tab. Really looking forward to getting them.

soooo, anybody looking to sell a sz 32 or trade for a sz 34? pm me please.  

thanks Aho.  i dunno, my fit looks similar to Mich's.  Mich how tall are you and how much do you weigh?  I've lost some weight since placing the order (and plan on loosing a few more gut pounds) that's why I think a 32 might work better.  Ranon posted some of his other jean measurements and those were pretty similar to mine.

damn, regret not joining the contest. denim looks good!

looks like a few more pictures of fit are in order. 6'1", about 180lbs, size 32 without hem. waist shrank 1.5", horizontals shrank about 0.5" each. forgot to measure inseam pre-soak, single cuff of about 2" on  unhemmed inseam post soak

8d1abe81-912f-4e87-855d-c3f8d5066547.jpg

5450972e-e572-402d-9721-a32bb9dc4997.jpg

eb7123ea-c4c3-45c4-afe3-002da91549bc.jpg

apologize in advance for the lack of weekday updates but no cameras allowed where I work these days...

Edited by .API.

Looking good API, that's pretty much my fit as well, also a size 32! I'll have fit pictures eventually haha

I may sell mine to grab a 30.  Just a little bigger than I expected.   If anyone is selling a 30..Let me know!

After second very hot soak, inseam was 34.5" raw, shrunk to 32.5" now.  Seat and overall fit, tighten up by not much, but makes a better fit than before this...

wuntitled-1_zps109ac260.jpg

I've decided to just run with this pair and make it work along the way, hopefully the fit gets better as the denim soften up

I didnt realise that the forum automatically resize the picture, please click for actual pixel...

Anyway, good looking fit .API. , you definitely nailed it

LC, i'm digging that fit.

it's nice to see a variety in fits in these, and will be interesting to watch the differences in fading due to that.

^^ best fit so far!

Yup, fully agreed.

thanks Aho.  i dunno, my fit looks similar to Mich's.  Mich how tall are you and how much do you weigh?  I've lost some weight since placing the order (and plan on loosing a few more gut pounds) that's why I think a 32 might work better.  Ranon posted some of his other jean measurements and those were pretty similar to mine.

I'm 1,85m./87 kg. so about 6ft./191 lbs, wear a size 34.

let's see a fit pic tv.

i'm 5'8 175.  i'm looking to get a fit more like API's.  like someone else mentioned, it's gonna be too much of a pain in the ass to make the clothes i own now work with the w34 fit.   :(

i am going to sell my w32 and buy a new w30 too

Throwing my pair in for a second wash, hoping it'll get more inseam out of the way! Based off LC, it looks like they get around 2 inches...

Hairy?  Can almost see some whiskers peeking through.. almost.. :ph34r:

yxmt.jpg

Edited by rustygoose

^^ your picture really show the true color of the denim. one of the best denim i've owned, feels heavier and beefy than the spec weight

Shaping up to be a great competition thread!

Will follow it very closely.....

Oh my, I am not a contestant, but reading through this thread and seeing the fit pics, I couldn't resist. I purchased a size 32 today. I will do my usual dual hot soak when it arrives and post pics. You guys are looking to be in for a great ride with this contest. I look forward to seeing the updates.

^ got the same email this morning :( if anyone has a 32 for sale lmk 

Edited by Mixture