DenimProject - The Deviants 2013 Contest

drapygo

Got my pair ;)

In the wash, these things are just as beautiful as I was expecting...Can't wait to see how everything will develop over time...The buttons, fabric, etc. etc. I'm going to go "vintage" style and wash often...Keeping the stitching for a while, I kind of like it haha

Thanks again everyone for your participation! We got ourselves a steal with this pair...

Edited by aho

They shrank down pretty good but also stretch easily. Mine are still drying but I think they'll fit perfect (size 32 in these; I wear 32 in WH, FH etc.)

Taichi and drapygo, thanks for your work on this! The wait was worth it!

Start wearing mine today. The denim settles very quickly. Not overly stiff after the wash.  I wanted a looser vintage fit with hip flare and all.....it seems I got what I wanted. I am rocking a 3" single cuff. I will take some fit pics this weekend.

For some reason, I really like the look of the red tabs. I am also keeping the horizontal line, it will disappear with wear anyways.

#8 checking in as well; received them yesterday (and without any additional custom taxes, thanks for that Taichi!)

One of the highest waisted jeans I own (pre wash at least). Contrary to the sizing chart I only measured 76 cm (30") prewashed on the waist. Which is in fact good news since these seem to stretch easily back to original measurements. I already threw them in the washing machine at 50 degrees celcius and they are drying right now. Tonight I'll see if they shrank enough to my liking.

since I'm usually on instagram more than anything else these days, I'll have some updates at:

#deviscontest

The fit is everything I wanted and more, and the denim has subtle gradient qualities that will give a nice grainy vintage look.

Edited by aho

Pre and post soak measurements in inches:

waist: 16.25    16.5
front rise: 12.25        11.5
back rise: 15        14.5
thigh: 13.5        12.5
knee: 10        9.5
inseam: 30        29
leg opening: 9.25        8.75

randoms:

hard to pick up on the uneven graininess i'm referring to that you see on a lot of vintage pairs (and most recently the denim on the new 1001XX/1001 from warehouse which is more pronounced)

9105873368_da5938d14e_z.jpg

9103637119_4038377f83_z.jpg
vs another arc'd repro with bad lighting

9103644809_edcb097f4d_z.jpg

ssup joe measurements post soak would be great

Page 23, i posted 34w measurements. (If you haven't seen alrdy..)

TTS or +1, both works & looks good! just a question if you want loose or very loose cut imo. :P

ranon, lovely pictures thanks for that!

ed, the waist measurements look tighter on paper than they actually feel because of the rise. I'm real picky about how tight my waistbands fit but a 32 (my regular repro size) in these is completely doable. like rustygoose says, you can get away with TTS or next size up; this denim has good stretch!

here are some post hot soak 60 degrees and spin dry measurements on a pair in W32.

measurements BIG style as follows:
waist: 16.25 inches > 15.5inches
front rise: 12.25 inches > 11.5inches
back rise: 16 inches > 14.75inches
upper thigh: 12.75 inches > 12 inches
knee: 10.0 inches > 9.25inches
hem: 9.0 inches > 8.5inches
inseam: 30.0 inches > 28.25inches

i haven't really tried to stretch these back out yet but they will probably have approx 5% stretch at the tight spots. 1.30am now, seam ripped that stitch across. i think i am really going to enjoy these jeans. definitely best $200 purchase in a while.

also, to those who haven't done their hot soak/wash yet, try not to do go too high with the temperatures. the patch seems to not react so well with the heat. almost fried mine but pulled them out in time. softness of the patch feels like deerskin but i highly doubt it is. anybody know what kind of leather patch this is?

Edited by ranonranonarat

si

i gonna wear it as raw for a while without water ; p

if you are true w34 . w36 is a right choice "with little room left" don't worry

Silencejoe , will it affect the fading of the jeans if you just wear it raw?

i am struggling to soak my jeans or just wear it raw instead.

For all my japanese jeans , i will give it a soak before wearing.

the other experts, Any idea? :D

gave them a machine wash at 50 degrees; not that much shrinkage contrary to my expectations

tag size 30; size 30" TTS (I usually size down one)

prewash

waist 76,5cm

thigh 29cm

knee 24,5cm

hem 21cm

inseam 86 cm

post wash

waist 74cm

thigh 28,5cm

knee 23 cm

hem 20 cm

inseam 81 cm

unpacked

9109027145_b9ded34b9f.jpg

SAM_0399 by SLAB13, on Flickr

sorry for the shitty fit pictures; i'll ask the wife to take some when daylight is available

9109024233_de0c23629e.jpg

SAM_0401 by SLAB13, on Flickr

9109026275_6895e2bbce.jpg

SAM_0400 by SLAB13, on Flickr