DenimProject - The Deviants 2013 Contest

drapygo

more than half the people who expressed to join the contest still did not confirm whether or not they are in. come on guys! 

Unfortunately I think it's a timing thing...Took a bit longer to get things going than expected (some things you can't control, no worries Taichi!) and then the final order confirmation came out suddenly with only a few days to confirm. Hopefully more will show up now that the thread is rolling, and if not hopefully we'll have some people step in or give an option to purchase after the 12th? The bad thing is, Taichi might have to eat some of the costs upfront to get things developed, and then sell the jeans at a later date. Come on everyone, don't let Taichi down!

I think it may be the sizing. Before I saw the pics, it looked like the legs were going to be tight. But after seeing the pics it looked vintage style. IMO

For reference, can you guys give your personal stats so people can have an idea on sizing? I know it's not totally accurate but it may help.

I'm 5,10

163 lbs

Lean build

Sized up from my usual 30 to 32 based on measurements. Mainly thigh.

My true waist size is 30-30.5

I measured my LVC 66 thighs and it came in at 12 inches. That's tag size 31. Waist is a little roomy thigh just right. Washed once, soaked once.

I guess that's all the orders!

Once jeans are manufactured we'll have a second deadline before beginning the contest for any laggers who want to make a purchase of overstock available.

Hey dude...can you please gimme a minute!  Like Aho said, you guys got behind and then you only gave a few days to confirm, been kinda busy the last few days, ya know what I'm sayin?  Gonna put my order in now.  Been really on the fence cause of the sizing chart/measurements.  And not to be a dick but it would of helped us "non-centimeter" reading people if you had put the sizing chart in inches too.

@DP & drapygo  tnx  for giving me the opportunity to partake & compete w/esteemed SuFu denimheads .  i really wanted to be IN .... 'held out til last minute to see if i can get rid of a couple of jeans [i no longer need] to fund it.  'just can't justify a new jeans purchase when i still got several on rotation ... & more on queue for the rotation.  

maybe, i can still catch the overstock,  if a W36 becomes available ;) 

I agree with tvshooter that the timeframe was quite narrow.

It might even be that a lot of guys who signed up at first haven't read the pm about ordering yet.

I know it might be asking a lot, but if possile could you push the date for people to place their order a few days ahead?

The more guys joining the contest the more interesting it gets, meaning more updates and pictures making it a better contest in the end.

Edited by Mich

What sort of shrinkage and stretching would I expect with the D66? The one I received is a little tight on the waist but the length is about 3 inches longer and a bit wider than I prefer pre-soak. Basically i want max shrinkage everywhere except the waist. Do I hot soak and then just wear them damp? or just deal with the initial tightness after soaking?