MA-1 Jackets

Phrost3

Edit: wrong nylon mag- grabbed korean copy

Back on topic, the visvim ma-1 dropped- too heavily distressed and it ended up being poly lined. Way pricey for what you get but attention to detail and cutting look spot on, as far as nailing all the classic elements it looks great. 

12138336_967636703297420_878841188293154

12087161_967636719964085_682928979911332

Edited by Fycus

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Got the new visvim thorson jacket today, definitely has a repro fit but I enjoy it. The dyeing process is "dorozome" or mud dye. Jacket is object dyed in vegetable source like bark then soaked in mud that acts as a mordant to bond the dye to the jacket. Normally synthetics like nylons are super hard to dye so the jacket only takes on part of the color. The dorozome process also reacts with the nylon to matte the fabric a ton, giving it a look similar to vintage jackets. Riri zips, cow leather pulls, premium wool ribbing and fine polyester lining. Way over the top but as expected from visvim. Color depending on light source varies greatly which is awesome. 

makin' my jacket

0PiD0zZ.jpg

natural light

NTPqCZb.jpg

indoors (can see a hint of color from dye)

xwR8ZYw.jpg

Edited by Fycus

it's like 2k right? you get a 2 or 3? i hope not oversized.

181,400 or something? I got a 3, its hugely oversize in the arms and super cropped body. 

Doesn't look paded enough, don't like soft MA-1s. :angry:

Shade is ace though.

It's spring weight, still padded/baffled (the arms are freaking huge), just not so much to prevent wear in warmer climates. i prefer this as im limited to what i can layer in california weather. 

13043434_10153435702986691_6377435529773

Edited by Fycus

that doesn't look super cropped to me, if anything it looks a little long for a ma-1 (personal opinion). sleeves look too long as well, but the way you've sized is definitely what's popular right now and i'd wager 90+% of people would say it's spot on. i'd still like to see you in a sz 2. nh.

edit: zipped up ma1s look terrible on pretty much everyone unless they're wearing super high rise repro jeans, so i don't really consider that when sizing them.

Edited by conqueror