MA-1 Jackets

Phrost3

Stamp'd LA strapped bomber (helmut lang ripoff?)

stampd_la_strapped_bomber_jacket_1.jpg

b1_1.jpg

So many mixed emotions about this: a. feel bad wanting it bec. it's a copy, b. feel bad that they just nearly straight copied, c. moral issues about paying 300 usd for a rip-off, d. realizations that it's probably the closest I'll get to a bondage bomber. 

Edited by WillKhitie

Blatant plagiarism, I'm guessing it's made in china? Just wait for a real Helmut to pop up if you really want, that's not worth $300

S3NdeuJ.jpg

CDvvAG0.jpg

4KeQueo.jpg

Issey Miyake nylon MA-1

http://www.grailed.com/listings/23238-issey-miyake-issey-sport-nylon-bomber

This dude always has the best shit for sale, I don't know how his other Miyake jacket hasn't sold yet, it's a beast

3rWxa6J.jpg

So hard to find a good quality, simple black or midnight navy ma-1 with a slightly longer and slimmer not puffy fit (even though I know a lot of you guys like the more authentic rounder fit).  Something warm enough for fall/early winter.  Not too too shiny.  Any suggestions?  Preferably around $300 or less.

Edited by Froosh

Explain to me how that's an MA-1. Because other than the fact that it's a jacket with a zip at the front and ribbed cuffs on the sleeves, that's got nothing in common with an MA-1. At all.

Explain to me how that's an MA-1. Because other than the fact that it's a jacket with a zip at the front and ribbed cuffs on the sleeves, that's got nothing in common with an MA-1. At all.

It's a bomber jacket, this is the most appropriate thread for it, and a similar thread for non-MA-1 bomber jackets seems kind of superfluous, and would have very low traffic. So if it bothers you, sorry, but other people thought it was cool

Macky if youre getting the "reissued" fit I would not recommend sizing down,

i went TTS and it feels a little short on the bottom and is constricting if worn over a sweatshirt

if i were to get it, it would probably be from their website: http://www.alphaindustries.com/mens-flight-jackets/alpha-industries-ma-1-flight-jacket.htm ... so definitely TTS?

Awesome, and so is the reddit thread.

I was always wondering what kind of jacket (except for the pressure suit) were Blackbird pilots issued, now I know.

Edited by Brainboy