MA-1 Jackets

Phrost3

can i get a slimish ma-1 in green anywhere for under $500? everything is black or navy.

how slim? i have the alpha re-issue blood chit and it's slim but retains the puffy shape, just toned down. $124 on ebay

$T2eC16RHJFsFFSFqBvLOBSOk,SuJMw~~60_12.J

this also just popped up on rak, not sure if you're down with the lacing on the back though

r31041407230141-r1.jpg?_ex=500x500&s=2&r

r31041407230141-r2.jpg?_ex=300x300&s=2&r

Edited by skeetinmynose

skeet - that looks alright, but i'd like one with orange lining. i might try and get one of the old slimmer TT models as the new ones don't have it. there's an insane amount of alpha models and its even more difficult since they change things to them all of the time. as fycus said earlier in the thread, its amazing how many labels make an ma-1 at the moment but 90% of them are elongated, constructed of something unsuitable or have other dumb shit on the front/back/arms and look like complete ass. finding a good one in olive/sage as opposed to black or navy is even more difficult; the wtaps one from a while back is pretty nice but for that kind of money i'd want to try it on first which is impossible living in the land of kangaroos.

how does the alpha one fit? tts or size 1 up?

for the regular OG definitely say tts, for all of the other models (and there are are literally tons - the US slim reissue, TT, VF59, japan slim, soft shell etc) i'd get tts or size up depending on your build. the OG seems to be the only one out of alpha's entire ma-1 line that stays constant throughout the years and seasons without any alterations whatsoever.

Edited by conqueror

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone give me insight on whether or not to size up on the undercoverism ma1? or any help on sizing would be much appreciated

no because nobody knows yr body type or which one ur talking about wtf

sorry bout that, was in a rush and didnt think to specify haha 

I would say I have a fairly normal body type, regularly sz M in most pieces of clothing

the ma1 Im asking about is the fall winter 11 leather sleeve ma1

I heard the back on the jackets are puffy and that I should stay tts as in a sz 2 (M) instead of sizing up (sz 3 / L) like ppl regularly do when it comes to jap sizing

sorry bout that, was in a rush and didnt think to specify haha 

I would say I have a fairly normal body type, regularly sz M in most pieces of clothing

the ma1 Im asking about is the fall winter 11 leather sleeve ma1

I heard the back on the jackets are puffy and that I should stay tts as in a sz 2 (M) instead of sizing up (sz 3 / L) like ppl regularly do when it comes to jap sizing

tumblr_mt9rhtAu1p1qbxpujo1_500.jpg

ur talkin about this?  if so, its not bulky at all.   still no reference as far as yr styling or physique , only the vague medium in most clothing.  a m in cassette playa, fubu, mmm new aids v-neck would b a 3 for this

did my good deed 4 the day.  done

Edited by SSchadenfreude

• 2 weeks later...

looking for a cheap classic olive ma-1 jacket, good for summer night etc.

i tought of alpha of course but i was wondering i should go with the reissued or the burnett one

burnett is lighter and have orange lining but have that brown patch on one upper sleeve tho.

i think both are more skinnier fit then the normal one

looking for a cheap classic olive ma-1 jacket, good for summer night etc.

i tought of alpha of course but i was wondering i should go with the reissued or the burnett one

burnett is lighter and have orange lining but have that brown patch on one upper sleeve tho.

i think both are more skinnier fit then the normal one

i have both the OG and the reissue in black - i prefer the OG way more as the reissue is slim flitting and considerably more lightweight which could be a pos or neg depending on what you want. i also think the traditional shape and silhouette looks of the OG looks much better (+ it has the dope indian orange lining as you mention) but thats just personal preference. ironically its by far my most favourite jacket that i own even though its probably the cheapest piece of outerwear in my wardrobe. my single complaint is that the inside pockets point downwards for some insanely stupid reason, but that's my only gripe - they are built like tanks.

Edited by conqueror

• 2 weeks later...

AETUkO1.jpg

Tiger of Sweden from this f/w, nicest ma-1 I've tried on.

Thick nylon-ish fabric, nice zipper, good ribbing, great fit and got Valtherm in it so should be well enough for fall/mild winters with some layering

So, if you want a dark burgundy ma-1(or a black one), you won't be dissapointed with this one