MA-1 Jackets

Phrost3

Im after the Alpha MA-1, looks dope in my opinion, and to be honest, I prefer a slimmer fit... just out of pure personal preference.

Can't decide between this colour...

null-24.jpg

Or navy...

null-25.jpg

Neighbourhood MA1's are nice, but too pricey for me at the minute!

I got the Alpha Industries Japan tight MA-1 and sized up 1 from my true size and it fits perfectly. Nice and poofy and cropped. The ribbing is a little long and the construction and materials are cheap but this is by far the best modernized repro MA-1 out right now other than Markaware, denime, or Wtaps (although the wtaps ribbing is abysmal). And that is just judging the other jackets by looks. Hopefully we see better repros in the future with a more modern fit. Also got it for like 175 shipped on rakuten, one of the sellers was having a discount and the shipping was less than $30 USD if I recall correctly. 

Edited by Fycus

I got the Alpha Industries Japan tight MA-1 and sized up 1 from my true size and it fits perfectly. Nice and poofy and cropped. The ribbing is a little long and the construction and materials are cheap but this is by far the best modernized repro MA-1 out right now other than Markaware, denime, or Wtaps (although the wtaps ribbing is abysmal). And that is just judging the other jackets by looks. Hopefully we see better repros in the future with a more modern fit. Also got it for like 175 shipped on rakuten, one of the sellers was having a discount and the shipping was less than $30 USD if I recall correctly. 

since we are similar builds, can you post a fit? how much different is the cut to the 'slim' US/euro one?

^helmut lang

snap. cannot cop. any other stripped back, slim but not fashion-slim MA-1s going around? thinking lad musician but almost all of their jackets run with an asymmetrical zip these days which ain't so cool. plus they're pretty expensive.

most on this page look a little too repro / skinhead for my likes.

Edited by home

• 3 weeks later...