MA-1 Jackets

Phrost3

^ It's different. The only thing that's the same/similar would be the fit.

Reissue: More washed out, less shiny shell, fabric zip pulls, thicker/wider ribbing, and same color lining as the shell

JP Tight: Basically the same as the regular MA-1, ie; more shiner nylon than the Reissue, black zipper tab with leather zip pulls, thinner ribbing, and Indian Orange lining.

Edited by willy cheesesteak

califoruniamaki-img600x450-1351062508azkjlq68816.jpgcaliforuniamaki-img600x450-1351062368mwwgi580378.jpg

These are both going for ~$200 on yahoo.jp auctions. Is that a good price? With proxy services it'll probably come to around $250 USD but with people on this thread saying good MA-1's don't come for under $500, I'm inclined to go for it.

On the other hand, these ones are so basic I could probably snag a similar-looking one at UO for $70...

• 2 weeks later...

Just went to uniqlo and got the short blouson posted earlier in this thread. Its cheap and way overpriced at 60 but the details are nice and it fits well. Sizing up doesn't work for it since its completely unpadded. Bought black, but the silver/white color is serious business. Put it on and instantly felt like it was channeling og Helmut Lang. Kinda see-thru too, will probably buy it when the weather warms up a bit

Edited by Fycus

Just went to uniqlo and got the short blouson posted earlier in this thread. Its cheap and way overpriced at 60 but the details are nice and it fits well. Sizing up doesn't work for it since its completely unpadded. Bought black, but the silver/white color is serious business. Put it on and instantly felt like it was channeling og Helmut Lang. Kinda see-thru too, will probably buy it when the weather warms up a bit

yea the uniqlo ma-1 this season fits well for a slim jacket, but it's definitely cheap feeling and way too thin and light even for a spring jacket. i hoped they would release a more substantial, insulated version of that jacket this past fall/winter

Fuck. That is sick detailing on that good enough collabo. The WTAPS is growing on me, but I don't know if that color would work well on me.

anyone own the Uniqlo MA-1 looking ones? They look shitty but kinda interested in the green one.

http://www.uniqlo.co...n/076004-09-005

The green one is ass in person imo, don't do it if you want green.