MA-1 Jackets

Phrost3

wow all of the ocd ma-1 people just stepped out of the woodwork with the flood of pictures

kind of makes the thread hard to read though

anyway

in my head, i have this mythical "cayce pollard" way of wearing an ma-1, and while some of those girls are close to that ideal, i feel like no one has truly executed this look completely (with style)

the ma-1s that i have owned are all a bit too slim for my liking

ma-1s are great because it is once of the rare instances where you can totally get away with super oversized silhouettes

the komakino ones are especially dope if you wear em oversized.... like i am a size 44/46 and with a sz 50 it was dope as hell

wow all of the ocd ma-1 people just stepped out of the woodwork with the flood of pictures

anyway

in my head, i have this mythical "cayce pollard" way of wearing an ma-1, and while some of those girls are close to that ideal, i feel like no one has truly executed this look completely (with style)

the ma-1s that i have owned are all a bit too slim for my liking

ma-1s are great because it is once of the rare instances where you can totally get away with super oversized silhouettes

the komakino ones are especially dope if you wear em oversized.... like i am a size 44/46 and with a sz 50 it was dope as hell

yea ideally an ma-1 retains its characteristic billowy, voluminous shape. i feel that some of the modern ma-1 interpretations lose that by cutting the jackets too slim and leaving out the polyester insulation. the rick owens (fw 07/08?) ma-1 was a good compromise - it was slim but retained some of the classic shape bc it was filled with down

back on topic

tumblr_lyzvah3TPP1qax4t2o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lvqqkezqN91r2u9jxo1_500.jpg

this carin wester is still really dope

tumblr_mc43d1HdgK1rhvyeto1_500.jpg

tumblr_mch7xchkC61rurvy3o1_500.jpg

chloe resort 2012

007m.jpg

Edited by Phrost3

I've been thinking about makng my own MA-1 for a while now. It'll be based off an original pattern made to my specs.

For the fabric, I'm thinking of a water resistant dense weave nylon, but in a matte finish. As for the fit, I have a pretty clear idea of what I want; defined shoulders but with some volume and shape, not unlike vintage Helmut bombers. So a fit somewhere in between the Attachment and Chloe bombers posted earlier.

anyway

That would be awesome, the problem is that most of those girls are doing it in sort of fashionable way, where Cayce from Pattern Recognition did it because she wanted to be free from fashion...

yes that's a margiela cwu-45

margiela has some interesting interpretations of ma-1s

bomberfront.jpg

margiela fw 09

r1cymh.jpg

margiela pre-fall 2012

1gq2xg.jpg

margiela pre-fall 2012

2exbmyo.jpg

i wonder if the margiela above was an earlier recycled signature dating back before this yohji one

yohji yamamoto fall 2002

photo_mid_def_595435.jpg

back

photo_mid_def_595437.jpg

Edited by Phrost3

Haven x Reigning Champ. Just ordered one in grey. MA-1 is just a great silhouette, and I think the sasquatchfabrix is my favorite. Anime reminiscent graphics tend to get a cosign from me.

8bsAA.jpg

d10Az.jpg