︻╦╤─ RƱN †H▲ †Ɍ∆Ƥ ─╤╦︻

thelion1856

^true vamp, but as you know the rout that a genre makes into its sub-genre branches i think its an interesting one this so called "trap" thats why i made this thread to hear some different styles as not all "trap" sounds the same. Trap is southern rap it always has been and i think its funny they call this neew style of music trap when it really is not. It should be called Dance Music DJ's emulating trap into their styles of music but i think some of it actually sounds good. I guess u have to listen to this from a different prospective. A lot of people only listen to a handful of particular genre of music limiting themselves to appreciate the artistic side of music. Listen to some songs from John Frusciante. A lot of people would thik wtf is this shit?! They come at his songs expecting it to be radio friendly or pop or even somewhat fit into a certain genre never appreciating the song for its artistic side. One of the greatest guitarists ever lived in my opinion btw.

this is so full of gems I can't even hate on you breh.

you're stupid as shit but I fux w/ you for this one.

• 1 month later...

i made a rap/trap/bass music mix. it's called Trapicana. lol.

trapicana23-e1361695494137.jpg

you can free stream it here: http://www.mixcrate....rapicana-271278

also stream and free download here : http://2020radio.com/mixes/trapicana/

yee.

Edited by brigibankai

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

as far as i can tell, everything is a bastardized version of everything. granted, i am not a person "of the streets," nor do i "follow" the "scene," but i have "urban" friends and read about all this shit over the internet, especially here.

like, ok, what's "real trap"? is it like cash money millionares and the hot boys? then what does that make "swag rap"? is "trill" a music genre now, and how does it differentiate from trap/swag-core/shitgaze/penis-beat? what is "cloud rap"? (all i think of is why?'s alopecia album cover. i haven't even listened to the album but i know there are clouds on it and the lead guy does some kind of vaguely rapping thing). and afaik asap is talking about how he is influenced by houston, but dj screw sampled east bay gangster and east coast stuff too. who is the best blogcore mc (do they even still call themselves mcs?) out there right now?

all i want is something authentic to listen to so people will think i am cool and an "og". unfortunately i grew up in cudahy, wi, i listened to eiffel 65 and the baha men on my sony walkman while walking to grade school so i'm not really "down" with all the "real people" out there in the world who understand the problems currently with the hood.

i'm going to sidestep this shitstorm and listen to reggaeton

• 3 weeks later...