Norman Porter

lil brown brother

• 1 month later...

Lots to love about my NP01. 5 months in and these are hanging on to their indigo like a trooper, but some fading starting to happen. Colour is most accurate in the roping pic. If only I wasn't a desk jockey and could put some proper manual work wear on these :-)

16615966140_43bab2b180_c.jpg

16615968580_ab954db2e8_c.jpg

16192432923_4c7c0d224f_z.jpg

Edited by holio cornolio

I bought a pair of these december 2013, wore them pretty regularly till april and then the crotch blew out. I have yet to get them repaired they have just been sitting with all my other blown out jeans. The cut is my favorite part of these jeans. They arent low rise which i think is awesome and more brands should follow suit with a mid rise jean. I also could have sized down but overall theyre good jeans. Their shop is a few blocks from my house which was one of the reasons i bought a pair to help support philly small businesses. Ill post progress pics sometime soon.

I bought a pair of these december 2013, wore them pretty regularly till april and then the crotch blew out. I have yet to get them repaired they have just been sitting with all my other blown out jeans. The cut is my favorite part of these jeans. They arent low rise which i think is awesome and more brands should follow suit with a mid rise jean. I also could have sized down but overall theyre good jeans. Their shop is a few blocks from my house which was one of the reasons i bought a pair to help support philly small businesses. Ill post progress pics sometime soon.

Cool, mine are just getting the the 'starting to be interesting stage'. I have had no need for repairs, although they've been worn on average only 4 days / week since november.

Did i read your post right though? Crotch blowout at 4 months? That's some tough going. Cyclist?

Yup 4 months, no cycling I work in a bar and wore them roughly 3-4 days per week. Crotch blew out and the back pocket ripped. To be honest I was pretty disappointed especially because of how well they fit me. To be fair almost every pair of pants ive ever owned has blown out in the crotch but this was by far the fastest. 

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of evo on my NP01. Been wearing since november (6th according to the note I scrawled on the pocket bag). Couple of washes now, I'm not hard core enough!

16823002210_e07d7bc4f2_z.jpg

OK so that's in direct light, and when I took the pic, I thought, 'well the colours good, but it looks like i used a filter to up the contrast. This is without filter. - They're not quite this contrasty in the flesh, but they are more contrasty than in this indirect light pic where the colour is even better:

16822760518_9228a07d4b_z.jpg

I love everything about these. The cut is really nice, the denim is a beautiful shade of blue and it's been soft and pliable since day 1. Construction is flawless and has some subtle but nice details. The hickory stripe pocket bags are very nice and also fading up really well. Will have to take a pic of those when I can. I'm entered in the DWC, but enjoying these so much, it's hard to see me doing justice to my competition pair!

Edited by holio cornolio

• 3 weeks later...

Sharing some pocket bag fades. The hickory stripe bags are beautiful and VERY sturdy: 6 months old on top, brand new below.

17011071340_3a322a0010_z.jpg

17011073680_376e6cf339_z.jpg

And a bit more extreme at the pocket opening obviously:

17012485119_685a2ffc97_z.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Being the self appointed champion of Norman Porter, I thought it was time to post a little more evo on my NP01. taken this morning, 7 months wear, 3 soaks, 3 washes (I think - maybe 4). No filters or processing applied whatsoever. Just taken in the contrasty early morning light. These are getting there :-)

17145446513_3803b31b3f_z.jpg17763229772_26d70ca2d3_z.jpg17765756175_0c96686f55_z.jpg17766199961_61af6ef157_z.jpg17766286311_7d59bd1fbd_z.jpg17578134358_3ca43f5445_z.jpg

Edited by holio cornolio

Look great Corn; I had considered a pair of these ages back, but since I couldn't try them on in person here I just added them to the "later" list.

Those pocket bags are really something too. I would like to see them make whole pants out of that fabric.

Edited by Iron Horse

Look great Corn; I had considered a pair of these ages back, but since I couldn't try them on in person here I just added them to the "later" list.

Those pocket bags are really something too. I would like to see them make whole pants out of that fabric.

Yeah the hickory stripe trouser / pants would be pretty cool. Anything in fact, shirt, waistcoat.

Norman Porter construction is impeccable. Second to none. They should be on more 'to try' lists. Seriously!

• 1 year later...

Update on my NP01 which had been rested for a year or so whilst I wore my TCB championship jeans. Started wearing these again recently and I'd say that they now have about 7-8 months wear and have been washed about 6 times. Starting to show a little fading now. I love the cut of these. very comfortable and about as narrow as I would ever want to go at the hem.

30310996612_86a65136c2_z.jpg

30341327421_bcf17fc0d6_z.jpg

Edited by holio cornolio

• 6 months later...

If anyone is interested in a pair of sz33 let me know. Pay shipping and they're yours.Recently repaired by Norman Porter but they dont fit me well anymore.

• 2 years later...

Norman Porter NP02. Gob these around Christmas time from Grailed. They’re a size to big but they work for me. I’ve been wearing them to work for the past few months as they’re super comfortable and they’re seriously constructed like nothing I’ve had before. Top photos is how they look every Friday when they get a wash and bottom is all nice and clean. These things really take a beating. After I get some more time in on my TCB and warehouses I might get a few pair to stock up on. Bonus of my 1350 natural leather belt about 8-9 months in. Wear it everyday to work.

E9353CBD-B079-4D35-9FAB-6BBFB517D926.jpeg

660B249E-E985-4FDB-AE8C-34AAA5B21CA2.jpeg

8696528B-0282-4368-8474-766ED0826ACC.jpeg

A648E18A-A569-4BD0-B755-47AD34890FD6.jpeg

259CB29B-CAFC-462A-A66B-CB4C409F9EBE.jpeg