Post Your Leather Creations.

Lotus Cowboy

Thanks for the kind words. To retain the conchos, i attach a solid brass chicago screw to the back of the coin. Sand it, put a drop of soldering paste, hold it with a clamp and set it on fire. If i want to settle a snap, i change the male part of the screw for a smaller one. I got no merit, i saw this method on leatherworker.net a long time ago and i think Corter posted it on the old PYC thread.

This was an early attempt laying around, by now my doming is much more regular and pronounced.

img2744copy.jpg

Edited by JoeySullivan

Nice wallet guys, corter leather looks nice .

moonshine* great jobs nice vintage coin.

My project is completed

Photo0953.jpg

Photo0952.jpg

Photo0954.jpg

Started a 2nd project...cap toe military style ankle boots.

Photo0948.jpg

Photo0947.jpg

I second that ^

With the way quality and inventory has been lately, I'd love to never order from leathercordusa again.

The natural cxl got obenauf's once I think, and a light coat. It's a little less red than it looks in the photo, but not by much. I love it.

Boots look great, spidereye, such an complex project. Looking forward to your photos of the next one.

I second that ^

With the way quality and inventory has been lately, I'd love to never order from leathercordusa again.

The natural cxl got obenauf's once I think, and a light coat. It's a little less red than it looks in the photo, but not by much. I love it.

Boots look great, spidereye, such an complex project. Looking forward to your photos of the next one.

Thanks ,man.....will do.

Congrats Eric at Corter Leather. I was browsing through this month's Esquire magazine and came across Corter Leather in the "Great American Things" gift guide!

Link & screen cap below.

http://www.esquire.c...ain_sr#slide-28

Thanks dude! Crazy experience for sure, dealt with like 20 different people just to get that one paragraph written. Just wish they hadn't murdered that sample before photographing it, no clue how they beat it up that much.

And yea Joey, that's how you do it! Good job dude.

Edited by corter

Quick project update : now working on the outer part.

img2779l.jpg

The yoke construction is pretty tricky with so thick hide. Really happy with the result.

img2788bt.jpg

Super heavy duty 18 oz organic cotton duck lining

img2790c.jpg

Also making progress with the edges

img2796q.jpg

Sorry for the pics... Really need a better camera and a cheap light tent for final shooting.

Edited by JoeySullivan

Thank you dude ! To be honest, i wasn't sure about the cotton duck. The first plan was to pick a nice smooth pigskin to make the lining but i was really uncertain about which color will match nicely with natural saddle leather (something like burgundy or english tan probably...). So it end with this cotton duck which is really nice (super heavy, organic, unbleached...), but will use pigskin in future project, for sure.

Not sure about the final thickness, but it's clearly not a slim wallet. Probably about 1"1/4.

I believe its hand stitched.

@Joey

Nice and clean job so far! Although i'm not too sure about the construction. It may not fold properly and even if it does, it may be difficult to retrieve notes. Unless that part is still not finished yet?

What I have been working on recently - an A5 notebook cover custom designed for a friend. The arrowhead pocket for the strap was his idea.

notebookcoverfront_zpsa98068f8.jpg

notebookcoveropenscaled_zps6f9de951.jpg

notebookcoverdetails_zps90d930e2.jpg

Edited by lazybum

@lazybum : not finished yet. I'm gonna make a "central folding welt" (not sure about the term). I guest it's what you're talking about ? I made a model in PVC flooring material and it worked pretty fine. Would gladly take any advice from you for this part.

Anyway, nice notebook cover. Love the color.

Edited by JoeySullivan

@lazybum : not finished yet. I'm gonna make a "central folding weld" (not sure about the term). I guest it's what you're talking about ? I made a model in PVC flooring material and it worked pretty fine. Would gladly take any advice from you for this part.

Anyway, nice notebook cover. Love the color.

Thanks. The color texture of horsehide is lovely.

Yeah I think we're on the same page. As long as the inner layer is shorter in length than the outer shell so that the wallet can fold properly. I usually settle that portion first before putting anything together so I thought you missed out that step.

IMG_0928_zpsc588cc75.jpg

IMG_0927_zps84f1d30d.jpg

IMG_0926_zps7b0d5e5f.jpg

IMG_0925_zpsd2af7d3a.jpg

IMG_0924_zpsfb207435.jpg

Quickly throw this together last night. I have a few problems:

1.Stitching holes don't lineup. I used an awl to poke holes for each stitch but I can't really control where the awl coming out on the back side. Do any of you guys know how I can get better?

2. Round edges don't look round. I used an xacto knife but I can't get the edges round enough to look professional. Can I get a nice round edge without a punch?

3. For cutting, I used an utility knife and a xacto knife. Both of them don't cut curves easy. Do I need to get a round knife or a Japanese leather knife for that job? I spent a lot $ on this hobby already so I don't want to spend a lot to get punches or those chisels (they aren't too expensive compare with a good knife, but can get pricey when I need different sizes).

Thanks for anyone who can give me some advice!

Edited by Xin