Announcement: HWDC Round 2 2013/15

Megatron1505

Thanks to each and every person who has declared interest or intention to compete in the HWDC2, I am sure it will be the most fun heavyweight denim competition ever. My thanks also to everyone who has offered prizes, assistance, put a deposit down for contest jeans, put their jeans in hibernation for the winter, or simply shown their support in any way.

I am sure you can all appreciate that this thread was only started to announce that ...

A) There would be a second competition.

And

B) There would be a contest jean for those interested.

Having said that, this thread seems to have taken on a life of its own and Beatle and myself have been very pleased and excited with the level of interest shown so far.

We will draw up a list of competitors when the actual contest thread is published, which will be at some point in December. The number of entrants is unlimited, as this is a 2 year comp and people struggle to stick with these things for 2 years, if your jeans qualify, and you want to enter, you are in. Please remember to stick with the rules in the first post.

Until the actual competition thread is up, please continue to use this thread to ask any and all questions, and for general competition talk. Can I please remind everyone that the first HWDC still has almost 4 months to run, and he quality of competition can be seen in that thread for those wanting to know what to expect. This is a marathon not a sprint, and the next contest promises to be tougher, more fun, more updates, meet ups, and all manner of other crazy shit happening. Enjoy !!

Raises Hand Rapidly....Would Like to Do this.....Think i'll Seriously consider the Competition BB'ers or The Overdyed Busters.

This will allow me a month after the Ande Whall Comp finishes to wear Shorts, Chinos, joggers etc before this epic 24 Month Feat!

Was good to meet you and the missus Last Friday Mega - Sorry it was so brief - too many people and not enough time. Great party though.

Glad Giles has been able to arrange these special edition Jeans too. Nice Work :)

Cheers,

U.

The HWDC2 code on the checkout page for the 15% discount on the Steel Feather competition jeans should be coded in by Thursday.

This will price them at:

£208.25 GBP

$323 USD

€263.50 EUR

Shipping is free worldwide (and super fast)

Will confirm the code once it is live.

I just joined this forum so I can take part in this!!! I am going to go check what size my IH jeans are so I can select the right size.

I'm in on this!! I've waited two years!! I'm gonna get down on the BBOD since I already have the 634XHS.

just a quick update -

patch - check , in the making

doublexx tee - check , going to be epic ( JimmyC is working his magic right now)

It is so great to see the interest in this contest , such a perfect place to document your lifestyle and the emotions behind a pair of jawns. Thinking back to the first world wide denim contest with samurai in 2006 - we´ve come a long way and trip has been legendary.

Stoked for this

Anyone who wants to enter this competition with the 21 oz Steel Feather SF0121 jean (23 oz post soak) can now get a 15% discount by entering the code HWDC2 into the coupon on the check out page . The same discount is applied to any other item bought in conjunction with them.

http://rivetandhide....-0121-jean.html

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

This is the belt, which Obbigood label made for the first HWDC. I'm going to ask James about making a new belt for this competition, if its something people would be interested in. It may require a small donation from competitors (as the last one did). What do you guys think?

0ED64B22-C3C4-4666-B5EF-69A29534A83E-609-000000A48B1CAECD.jpg

just a quick thank you to all those fierce people out there..and yes , looking forward to seeing all those jeans and busters getting busted..

we are also working on a special pocket flasher , just needs enough pre orders to make it happen...

and mega and I are currently recruiting judges for round 2 / there will be some epic surprises ...announcement once it has been confirmed and the actual contest thread is open..

oh , and this time around there will also be some "social" events , not spilling the beans just yet , but stay tuned...

Word from James, Obbigood are back on board as our official Championship Belt Supplier, which makes me very happy

:D :D :D

More details after further conversations have been had.