Announcement: HWDC Round 2 2013/15

Megatron1505

Hey, read the last note on the product description page. The measurements are Iron Hearts "best guess", once we have the jeans made and measured you will be able to change your size should you wish to.

This competition seems like a good fit for my oni.

Used to wear them abit (less then a month), rotating with Ooe's contest jeans but now I concentrate solely on Ooe.

2 years is definitely tempting, Hmm.....

Edited by redragon

Good morning..stoked for round 2...

and just a side note , due to the extreme heaviness of the 25oz i think IH will make sure that on the Buster will be adjusted and have a tad more room (as per sbg version) and the lo will be a teeny bit smaller..

and yes, there will be a tee

Ok i'm in for the contest jeans... already submitted my deposit.

Sounds extremely tempting!

Do you think these will be waist 36 presoak on a size 36? How much will they stretch in the waist?

Last question before deposit, how tapered do you guys think these will be? I love the sizing on the IH-555 except that i'd like a tad more room in the thigh, maybe 13.3" or so.

Good morning..stoked for round 2...

and just a side note , due to the extreme heaviness of the 25oz i think IH will make sure that on the Buster will be adjusted and have a tad more room (as per sbg version) and the lo will be a teeny bit smaller..

and yes, there will be a tee

Jacob - Great to have you back for Round 2.

Moyamoya - You would be welcome in either.

Yeah, this is going to be an awesome contest. Going to pay my pre-order in a week or two, any specific time frame we have to have the pre-order in?

I'm counting on them being cut bigger than the normal Buster, similar to how the 666-XHS is cut bigger than the S. The 25oz does stretch in the waist, though it's hard fought.

If not, we will have the opportunity to pick a different size once they're actually made and measured.

I'm counting on them being cut bigger than the normal Buster, similar to how the 666-XHS is cut bigger than the S. The 25oz does stretch in the waist, though it's hard fought.

If not, we will have the opportunity to pick a different size once they're actually made and measured.

If the waist measurements increased by an inch over the 21 oz. they'd be perfect. My 21 oz. Busters are size 33, but the waist has stretched almost 2". I tried 34's originally, but didn't like the fit. I don't think I could get that extra inch out of the 25 oz. denim.

NB: The sizing in the sizing table, is our best guess. Please choose your size assuming we have guessed actual size accurately. Once the jeans have been made, we will publish actual measurements and allow you to change size if necessary.

To clear up something else (which I should have thought of), payment of the balance will not be due until the jeans are ready to ship, so 8 weeks ordering time plus 10 - 12 weeks manufacturing time. Plenty of time to save, which I need also.

All the info is there if you read ;)

Getting worried now, the thread is only three pages long and I swear I've answered the same questions 10 times each. The info is all here guys, just browse the thread, have a read :P

i've been waiting for a contest with a collaboration jean for years, this contest and pair of jeans could not seem more appealing.

If we do want hemming, do we indicate that at time of preorder?

Edited by cAbES

Apologies, missed this earlier. Yes you are fine to enter with any jeans you like, so long as they have less than 30 days wear on them by the 1st of March, and the denim weighs in at over 17oz.

Megatron, thanks. I will wait for next year to decide which one to wear. You can count me in.

To clear up something else (which I should have thought of), payment of the balance will not be due until the jeans are ready to ship, so 8 weeks ordering time plus 10 - 12 weeks manufacturing time. Plenty of time to save, which I need also.

Apologies, missed this earlier. Yes you are fine to enter with any jeans you like, so long as they have less than 30 days wear on them by the 1st of March, and the denim weighs in at over 17oz.

Best thing to do is compare measurements of existing models on IHUK....

I would actually compare the raw Busters....

http://www.ironheart...products_id=199

Against the 666 fit, as they are the same denim......

http://www.ironheart...products_id=135

Like I said, the 25oz gives about 1" of stretch, but its not an easy stretch.

Even try to compare against the 24oz Sammys if that would help too...

http://blueingreenso...emart&Itemid=62

So let me get this straight...

-go true to size because the denim stretches an inch, just not very easily

-the jeans are sanforized

-pre-order deposit is due within 8 weeks, then the final payment will be due when the jeans are ready (10 - 12 weeks after pre-orders)

-any jeans above 17 oz. are accepted as long as they are either brand new or within a month of being worn prior to the competition

-the jeans will fit like a slightly looser and slightly more tapered version of the Beatle Buster SBGs

-at this point in time the measurements are IH's best guess, but once production actually starts they will give more definite measurements and those who preordered will be able to change sizes if needed.

organizing a contest is fun mega, eh? ;)

just make all the information for this contest your signature..will save you a lot of time :D

Ha! It's all good, I understand people need to be sure before making a commitment or purchase of denim, so it's no big deal. Once this part is out of the way the real fun begins :P

All, my first day back at work after a long holiday has just begun, I'm stacked out with meetings so I won't be around the thread too much today, until around 5pm UK time.