Announcement: HWDC Round 2 2013/15

Megatron1505

Wow, a lot happens when you go to sleep, ha ha

There are no "current" plans for a tee, but three days ago there were no plans for jeans either. It's a definite possibility.

The denim is indeed sanforized.

We will not have exact measurements until the jeans are made, as all denims behave slightly differently in different cuts. Apologies if that doesn't help with your decision, but it would be true of any denim or cut we had used.

The best advice I can give regarding measurements is to take a look at the measurement charts on IHUK for the 634, and see how they differ from the 634 XHS. This might help with an understanding of how the denim behaves.

Unfortunately the same cannot be done with the 666, as they are raw.

GO HERE TO PAY YOUR DEPOSIT FOR THE CONTEST JEANS DIRECTLY TO IRON HEART, AND TO READ THE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION WITH APPROXIMATE MEASUREMENTS.

http://www.ironheart...products_id=372

THIS LINK HAS ALSO BEEN ADDED TO THE SECOND POST OF THE MAIN THREAD.

Edited by Megatron1505

Good morning..stoked for round 2...

and just a side note , due to the extreme heaviness of the 25oz i think IH will make sure that on the Buster will be adjusted and have a tad more room (as per sbg version) and the lo will be a teeny bit smaller..

and yes, there will be a tee

A question: will the categories be decided by denim oz weight post-wash or pre-wash? :)

Anders

Edited by Surrealizm

To clear up something else (which I should have thought of), payment of the balance will not be due until the jeans are ready to ship, so 8 weeks ordering time plus 10 - 12 weeks manufacturing time. Plenty of time to save, which I need also.

Oh snap. That is definitely good news. Does this manufacturing time include the time it will take for you to hem the pairs?

Hey Beatle keep us updated on the tee!

On a related note, this may be a silly question but how much stretch is to be expected of 25 oz. denim? I wouldn't imagine much, but I am in between sizes and trying to decide which size to go with.

Go true to size, you get about 1" worth of stretch but it is not an easy stretch.

Hemming will not take too long, maybe a day or two (he says hopefully), and I will be travelling to the other end of the country to do it :unsure:

Best thing to do is compare measurements of existing models on IHUK....

I would actually compare the raw Busters....

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=199

Against the 666 fit, as they are the same denim......

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=135

Like I said, the 25oz gives about 1" of stretch, but its not an easy stretch.

Even try to compare against the 24oz Sammys if that would help too...

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=9702&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

The jeans are sanforized, the links I put up above were only for size comparison to a specific question asked about the difference between the Busters and the 666.

megatron, just to confirm , is it ok , if to join the comp with different pair of jeans ? eg..samurai , nf and so on.

Apologies, missed this earlier. Yes you are fine to enter with any jeans you like, so long as they have less than 30 days wear on them by the 1st of March, and the denim weighs in at over 17oz.