Announcement: HWDC Round 2 2013/15

Megatron1505

Apologies, but the cut off has to be strict to fit in with manufacturing schedules for Iron Heart. They're already pushing in the jeans for us, and there is some significant cost which they are not passing on in the price (in fact they are reducing), so we have to produce in one batch in order to keep both the competition start date, and the fantastic price.

Honestly, if people knew just what Iron Heart were doing for us to get these jeans, for this price, with these details, made to order, and in the time frame we need, you would all want to go to Gosport and give Giles a big hug......although I doubt he'd appreciate it.

I'll say thanks for us all with a large bottle of something alcoholic the next time I visit.

Edited by Megatron1505

You guys are awesome. Seriously, the work and dedication involved in these contests just blows me away. I lurked throughout the first HWDC and am excited to be a part round two. I'll enter with something relatively 'light' (19oz) since I have no idea where I'll be next September. It's crazy to think where I'll be in two years (hopefully halfway done with my JD), and I relish the opportunity to take some killer jeans along for the ride.

We are all fortunate that the majority of people who share our perversion (for high quality denim), are also really great people. Taking your jeans on your lifes journey for the next couple of years, and sharing with people doing the same, is exactly what this is about.

I like the PBJ's personally, the fit is extremely flattering (from what I have seen), and their quality is top notch too.

I'm not too familiar with many AI models, as I've never owned any myself.

@saintkeat, you should consider the pbjs. I own and am participating in the first round with a pair of ai-002. They are slim not skinny, so with the BiG measurements the 013 will be skinnier. I have worn mine for around 10 months and they are still going pretty strong except for some tears.

@T and Megatron - I do prefer the Samurai AI fabric over the PBJ. But I do worry about those buttons. T you know how my 003JP-As are falling completely apart after only 11 months now. The buttons are silver plated to boot.

@Forbidden - Thanks for the input, will consider it, but would like something that looks to have a different character from my current sams. As it looks from the micro shots, it seems to be very similar.

Ah hell.. If I can't find anything I might just wind up as a spectator for yet another year. No biggie :rolleyes:

No chance of a sample pair I'm afraid, these are strictly made to order. As b_F says, you can see all the details on different jeans already (with the exception of the patch, and black arcs and W).

seems like a big ask from mr giles as we already got a huge down on price for the contest pair, but can we get a discount on a pair of ironheart if we want to get it for this contest?

i was thinking to join with a IH-666s since i prefer the cut, but the price kinda stop me and start to push for the IH-HWDC2 .

How does "made to order" and " Once the jeans have been made, we will publish actual measurements and allow you to change size if necessary" work? If they are made to order how is it possible to change size once they have been made, surely if five people order size 34 then five pairs will be made, so if someone found they needed a different size because the measurements have come up different to the estimates then there wouldn't be a pair available? I don't get it.

Edited by D97x7

The discount thing won't happen in conjunction with this contest.

As Giles has stated, he will be selling 25oz Busters as standard. Ours will be made with that batch, and then our "special" details (patch, black arcs, flasher etc..) added after sizing is confirmed, and people have had opportunity to change, based on actual measurements.

Just to say that I will probably be out of Internet range for the next three days or so, so if anyone has any further questions I'll answer them shortly.

Lots of big things going on behind the scenes for this contest, when we come round to posting the competition thread it is going to be a mind blower :D