Vampyrvargfesten

in this thread we present our viewpoints on uniqlo

up for discussion:

- the webstore's recent launch in the usa and planned expansion

- the emergence of head-to-toe uniqlo outfits in waywt

- questionable outsourced labor practices

- how much uniqlo do supertalk users intend to purchase next year

- speculate how much uniqlo is in each other's closets

- if uniqlo will be distinctly differentiated from h&m/gap/topshop/zara in the future

...obviously the basics are great. i wear black everyday so Uniqlo is always my first choice because of the price/off the rack fit ratio. its not a deal if i have to get it tailored to then ruin it in a few wears behind the chair as a stylist.

Sumarry: peasant basics that fit and highlight the jawn.

As long as they keep ahead of the curve, meaning the stuff you thought would work, actually does work, and its right in front of you, at a low price and fits . it will remain in top (Gap, H&M, top shop, zara, etc)

Edited by Vinneus

Uniqlo pretty much takes up a large part of my closet due to the basics. (as most people here have and talk about)

Occasionally I do end up in all-uniqlo fits but usually that's just when I'm going out looking super lazy.

Otherwise, I checked the SF Uniqlo thread and it's already gone downhill after the online shop opened up.

heattech leggings are great--at only 20 bucks, can't really beat em. i have a pretty decent quality waist pack i use for holding weed and film while i'm out and about. their tees never really fit well for me, but i have some sweatpants along with a handful of uu tees that i wear to school or when i'm running errands. i've technically worn head to toe uniqlo, but mainly because it's texas and it's so fucking hot here all the time that it actually only entails a tee and sweats.

overall, i'm set on uniqlo for quite awhile--if i buy anything else in the future, it'll probably be socks or underwear. as for a distinct differentiation, i think their non-branded approach, the subdued nature of many of the garments (which, as vinneus says, excel at highlighting the jawn), and the low prices will keep them above other mall-tier shitchains indefinitely~

i like that they provide some interesting pieces that are basically cheap carbon copies of stuff. if you ever wanna fuck around with fair isle cardigans or coloured sweaters you can buy a 29.90 one before you drop 10x that on a nice piece. and yeh, they do basic's right. hopefully the e-store doesn't drop their quality even further than it has done over the past 5 years.

in this thread we present our viewpoints on uniqlo

up for discussion:

- the webstore's recent launch in the usa and planned expansion

- the emergence of head-to-toe uniqlo outfits in waywt

- questionable outsourced labor practices

- how much uniqlo do supertalk users intend to purchase next year

- speculate how much uniqlo is in each other's closets

- if uniqlo will be distinctly differentiated from h&m/gap/topshop/zara in the future

herpsky covered the first question.

head2toe uniqlo outfits purposely presented in a waywt thread in a fashion forum context is just ridiculous and as it is offensive. we need not glorify the struggle of the lower class (especially if he wants to play fashion dress up). the parasites of superfuture who eat our garbage.

i don't care about exploiting poor people, so i don't care if uniqlo or any other big retail company does it.

i like to assume that most people into clothes and fashions only buy uniqlo for it's basics and that they will continue to do so. that's fine, just dont' make a big deal about it. i can see people wanting the collabs, but seriously has any uniqlo collab ever been all that great? the only peoples going goo-goo-gaga over that stuff don't got the moneys to buy designer mainline. and that's fine, but stop trying to sell that shit to people who know better, stop trying to fool yourselves. making excuses/legitimizing qlo purchases (that are based on a cheap pricetag) is just bad form and embarrasing. buy that shit, and be done with it....or at least keep it in the closet (unqilo threads).

uniqlo is japanese. and the japanese are sneaky and clever motherfuckers.

lol if you classify uniqlo as "lower class"

i don't think u follow, or sorry if my post came off as so.

i don't have a problem with the purchase of uniqlo. i find qlo braggarts and such pretty distasteful. i just find full on uniqlo fits and their glorification to be indicative of the financial lower class ( they b frontin the fashion funk). like i said their legitimization on a fashion forum isn't healthy. in fact it's rather detrimental to the board. we got all these lower class lower tier posters advocating this shit in the form of fits, posts, and reputation. some noobs probably young and impressionable. say no to the qlo 2013.

it's just pathetic kinda like the head to toe hare kids a few years back.

Not really tryna buy anything but uniqlo basics and maybe some pants or button up here and there, but for what it is, it's great. I don't like spending a ton of money on expensive basics as I just can't justify a wardrobe full of $200+ tees or whatever (gotta save that money for jackets, footwear, pants, you know), so uniqlo is great for that. They have some decent graphic tees too I guess. Dunno, hates gonna hate but I'm still down for uniqlo, whereas I will refuse to shop at just about any other fast fashion shop.

Interested in hearing more about their outsourcing of production / labor? Read that really long article about the founder a couple weeks ago or so, but I don't remember it mentioning anything about that.