Playing Soccer / Football / Futsal

grilled cheese

Been bumming with an injury for the past month. First, I though I had a groin pull. Then I was certain I had a sports hernia. Finally, and MRI revealed a stress fracture in my pelvis. It is apparently a chronic stress injury from playing a lot on hard surfaces. The only way for it to heal is to do nothing--and I've broken this rule twice and been reinjured twice. So I'm just completely inactive and putting in weight, although I've stayed busy by running my club's training sessions (working on my coaching license).

On another note, I find it interesting that Nike has reintroduced the Tiempo 94, with many color combos and styles for street wear no less.

• 3 months later...

just got a new pair of firm ground german-made copa mundials. so nice, but it's crazy how much they've gone up in price in the last few years. $150 now and some are made in indonesia instead of germany. can't believe people are paying $300 these days for the new flashy speed boots.

Edited by Rob060

just got a new pair of firm ground german-made copa mundials. so nice, but it's crazy how much they've gone up in price in the last few years. $150 now and some are made in indonesia instead of germany. can't believe people are paying $300 these days for the new flashy speed boots.

i've never seen any $300 boots, even the superfly vapors max out around $275 i believe, but reportedly the nike magistas will be $300 for the top model. personally waiting for these to be released: http://www.worldsoccershop.com/63606.html for some reason only available in the UK nike store.

i've never seen any $300 boots, even the superfly vapors max out around $275 i believe, but reportedly the nike magistas will be $300 for the top model. personally waiting for these to be released: http://www.worldsoccershop.com/63606.html for some reason only available in the UK nike store.

http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Ne=0&N=4294960675&Product_Id=20828556

but yea, most top end boots are around $250. that's still crazy to me.

I'm never going to get used to "speed" boots. If anything, I'm going the opposite direction--I'm getting some "heritage" Mizuno Morelias (for above $300 and from Japan, it is worth mentioning).

Still injured with stress fractures in the pelvis--getting an Exogen this week to help aid in the healing process.