your all time favorite jeans (that you have owned)

tangerine

most comfortable and still good looking have to be my hugo's, the color is cool and some nice details, but the fitment is just amazing and they are comofortable as hell. if I'm looking for new jeans I always compare them to these. havent managed to find the same cut yet, I think they're a 05 model.

fitment/look wise I love the japanese 21 diors, they just look damn nice.

My favs are my howies, from a couple years ago, bought for 30 quid in the sale,

I didnt wash them much cos I just wanted to wear them so much, they were incredibly dark and bled like hell, jackets, shirts, walls, etc ( my apcs just dont transfer by comparison ).

They were my first pair of selvedge jeans and are responsible for getting me into denim, what fascinated me most was the streaky fading, like strata going down the legs, ( is this vertical fading hap??). Super tight weave, unlike the apcs.....

I did a sea wash on em and now they are turning blue rather than blackish indigo, love em.

hey can you post pics of those Howies? I'm still gradually working on a pair from a year ago. Around the time that I started on them in earnest, the whole "Wash your jeans every money" thing erupted when Ryu found his way to this forum. So I decided to have two pairs going for comparison. I decided my Howies would be the frequent wash one. I too am very amazed by the streakiness of them and I kinda wish I had used them for the infrequent wash now.

• 1 month later...

i had a pair of girbaud baggy cowboys back in '91 that were fucking dope. i wore them until they were completely destroyed. i sometimes wish i could get another pair because i feel like they'd still look cool. iirc they were a nice slightly baggy straight cut that fit perfect over some nike acg hiking boots--it was the bay in the early nineties...

i bought some really dark blue and pretty slubby diesel kratts from fred segal in 2000 that had a navy and orange coin pocket label. i've never seen other ones like them. they were really dope too, and had some nice fading that i put on them. they went with all the other jeans when i got fat to the bay.

i had a pair of g-star sc low bootcuts in a deep indigo that were slightly distressed. they were the ones with the thicker denim. i sold them on ebay when i gained some weight, which i regret since i'd fit in them now...for some reasins g stars always are flattering on me.

my favorite jeans now are a pair of one wash byemrt blueline selvage jeans i bought in some random shop in shanghai's french quarter. they're dope and they were only $30 or so--they had some 47 canes too that weren't my size, so i left them. but i just bought some hard wash canes in the 47 cut and they may become my new favorites.

For me my favorite pair of jeans have been my RRDS. I know there's nothing too unique about that, although it's my first real pair of premium denim.

I love the fit they have: the low pockets at the back which saves me looking high-waisted, the way they seem like they're a strait leg yet cover my shoes nicely (without bunching all up), even small things like the pockets being the right size. Love 'em!

hey can you post pics of those Howies? I'm still gradually working on a pair from a year ago. Around the time that I started on them in earnest, the whole "Wash your jeans every money" thing erupted when Ryu found his way to this forum. So I decided to have two pairs going for comparison. I decided my Howies would be the frequent wash one. I too am very amazed by the streakiness of them and I kinda wish I had used them for the infrequent wash now.

yeah, howies fabric is awesome imo, when my apcs arrived I was kinda dissapointed cos the howies are such good quality, ive already posted some pics in the evolution thread, Im pretty sure its the only howies post in there so a search would throw it up, Im wearing them more than the apcs again now, so I plan to have more fade and post them again. They have a nice green tint.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...