your all time favorite jeans (that you have owned)

tangerine

well right now ill always love my first pair of dry denim....those RRDG's were incredible. Its really sad that i ripped a hole in the crotch. anyways, Lately i have been in love with my rescues that i have worn for nearly 6 months, those things shall be recieving a wash very soon.

Recently I picked up a pair of LVC 1947 501xx's. These things are amazing. Cold soaked em two days ago and havent really taken em off since

These sorahikos that I bought 3 years ago - bought them in one wash state, the rest is all me

209608390_ad99b602ee.jpg

209608391_dc31ede8d0.jpg

That is a very unusual fade you have there on the left leg...it sort of seperates two sets of whiskers (hard to explain). I love when old jeans get that "aged" color...that brownish tint to them. Great jeans!

That is a very unusual fade you have there on the left leg...it sort of seperates two sets of whiskers (hard to explain). I love when old jeans get that "aged" color...that brownish tint to them. Great jeans!

there's a little bit of that on both legs - it's from the wrinkles right below where the pocket linings end. the wrinkles get more pronounced with the more stuff I have in my pockets. it's the weird unexpected natural wear patterns from age like this that bart sights will never get quite right.

Here's my second favorite: a pair of Pherrow's Stormy Blues that I got in April 2004. The pocket linings were originally plaid flannel - looked cool, but when the flannel started to spring holes, they went fast. I had to get the pocket linings replaced. These also have a little of the honeycombing right below where the front pocket linings end that was commented on with the sorahikos.

218115857_187a642439.jpg

218115858_2f00ec572c.jpg

i am pretty keen on my new the flat head 3001...the denim has incredible vertical sirations, and as Ryu has said and now the boys at take5 they easily get vertical falling...it's kinda ironic since the board seems to moving toward narrower jeans that i go in the direction of cowboy like hipiness and anti-fit of a repro [actually a hybrid '66 505 with hidden rivets]... i used to swear by super skinny jeans...oh well...still have to get fit pics and will post a full report...

do you wear them hard? work in construction, etc...?

nope...graphic design. I don't baby any jeans I wear. The only real technique I use is I spray them down with starch and blow dry them dry as I'm wearing them while sitting down. This sets the wrinkles for the hige to develop. BTW, these are the jeans that Donwan Harrell jacked for the detail of every button on the fly being a different metal color.

My rag&bones...deffinately... I have a pair of Helmut classic cut/classic denims I want to start working on soon though, and I like them, but not the extent of my rags...no one has any before/after pics up here yet of their rag&bones so thats what keeps me going on these.

Tony both of your jeans look amazing, particularly liking those stormy blues... the color/contrast is righteous and the wallet fade is nice.

new standards all the way.

i just bought my third pair, and although i've tried repro's and have spent much of the last four months trying to bust up some stubborn 5EP's and am fully on board with the superior denim quality of these brands, i just can't pry myself away from them. the fit is perfect. it seems (to me) like 5 decades of varying fad's of denim fit has tought somebody something.

I also like my twelve year old stone washed 501's, though. remember when 40 bucks for jeans was expensive?

My favs are my howies, from a couple years ago, bought for 30 quid in the sale,

I didnt wash them much cos I just wanted to wear them so much, they were incredibly dark and bled like hell, jackets, shirts, walls, etc ( my apcs just dont transfer by comparison ).

They were my first pair of selvedge jeans and are responsible for getting me into denim, what fascinated me most was the streaky fading, like strata going down the legs, ( is this vertical fading hap??). Super tight weave, unlike the apcs.....

I did a sea wash on em and now they are turning blue rather than blackish indigo, love em.

nope...graphic design. I don't baby any jeans I wear. The only real technique I use is I spray them down with starch and blow dry them dry as I'm wearing them while sitting down. This sets the wrinkles for the hige to develop. BTW, these are the jeans that Donwan Harrell jacked for the detail of every button on the fly being a different metal color.

can we see pics of the fit?

totally. what the fuck happened?

The sad thing is that we will never be able to go back to "normal" denim. It is almost impossible for me to wear a pair of 501s I've had for the past 12 years. i feel ashamed.

Guest jeffvyain

where's all this lap fade coming from? Maybe I just have a weird lifestyle but my jeans haven't produced any of that gradual fade down to the knees...just whiskers and combs

• 2 weeks later...